Guide: GMing Meditation Liquor Style (Cheap & < 24 Hours)

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Guide: GMing Meditation Liquor Style (Cheap & < 24 Hours

Post by Light Shade »

the bazookas wrote:Assuming 100 INT: suppose I have 30 med (or whatever I can train it to). I would need to follow the table up to 70 med before just letting it roll with a trigger mana >35? Or Lightshade did you mean that I could start from 30 med and just leave the trigger at mana > 35 the entire way up? (I would think you wouldn't gain at that point since you would always fail?).

I would tweak it as I went for the low skill level, but once I got to an X of 35 i'd stop messing with it and ride it out. This is how i've been doing it since the meditation patch went in a while back.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Venom

Post by Venom »

Hi Can i have some advice please.

So im trying to do this, having NO MED SUCKS< i got 20.7 ( mi fault) also i only got 62 int ( does it need to be gm'd? )

Anyway, To add this macro to razor u have to edit a previous macro, or make in a macro file.... So what programme am i using, i tried notpad but nothing changed on razor..
So currently i tried recording it like this

DRINK
TARGET SELF
MEDITATE
PAUSE 10 SECONDS
MEDITATE
PAUSE 10 SECONDS
(repeats 8 times then loops)

And this isnt working

SO i got 13 ar suit, 20.8 Meditation

Venom : Bard - Mage - S3X
Venomous : Rogue - Fighter - S3X

Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nystal »

Venom wrote:Hi Can i have some advice please.

So im trying to do this, having NO MED SUCKS< i got 20.7 ( mi fault) also i only got 62 int ( does it need to be gm'd? )

Anyway, To add this macro to razor u have to edit a previous macro, or make in a macro file.... So what programme am i using, i tried notpad but nothing changed on razor..

DRINK
TARGET SELF
MEDITATE
PAUSE 10 SECONDS
MEDITATE
PAUSE 10 SECONDS

And this isnt working

I think you likely get far too drunk doing that, also I think you can get away using the Hat Meditation trick till the low 60s.
As stated before, this seems to work best when at 100 Int but if you follow the advise in this thread you should be fine.

This is how my macro looked - now its worth noting that my Mana was set too low for the final push and I'd recommend sticking with 35 as the lowest. There was a chart provided earlier to help you find your sweet spot.

To make this macro - Start recording.
Drink Liquor, Target Self
Meditate
Say: "GM" (or anything to break meditation)

then stop recording, add the If conditional, Change the double click to "by type", add in 20 second pause, add "Else", add final Pause and add "End If"

When adding stuff, you can move it up or down by right clicking.
Europa: 1998 - 2002 (NEW, ^I^, Grd)
UOSA: 2009 - Present (OLD (Retired), ^I^ (GM))

Venom

Post by Venom »

Nystal wrote:
Venom wrote:Hi Can i have some advice please.

DRINK
TARGET SELF
MEDITATE
PAUSE 10 SECONDS
MEDITATE
PAUSE 10 SECONDS

And this isnt working

I think you likely get far too drunk doing that, also I think you can get away using the Hat Meditation trick till the low 60s.
As stated before, this seems to work best when at 100 Int but if you follow the advise in this thread you should be fine.

This is how my macro looked - now its worth noting that my Mana was set too low for the final push and I'd recommend sticking with 35 as the lowest. There was a chart provided earlier to help you find your sweet spot.

To make this macro - Start recording.
Drink Liquor, Target Self
Meditate
Say: "GM" (or anything to break meditation)

then stop recording, add the If conditional, Change the double click to "by type", add in 20 second pause, add "Else", add final Pause and add "End If"

When adding stuff, you can move it up or down by right clicking.
thanks for explaining properly.

Venom : Bard - Mage - S3X
Venomous : Rogue - Fighter - S3X

aerandor

Post by aerandor »

So, I've been using this method off and on this week, and now I'm at 88.9 med. However, Since that point, whenever I go afk for even 30 min. I comeback and my character is dead. When I res, there is no murder report available. I've been doing this in Moonglow, usually within sight of a guard. I even tried going behind a building off in one of the corners of the town, hidden by the roof and I still end up dead. When I get back to my corpse, all my armor and any reags are gone, but all the liquor is still there. This has happened three times now. Anyone know why this might be happening? There isn't a way for you to drink yourself to death right? lol Just thought I'd ask. My Str is at 90 btw, Int at 100.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Someone is killing you. Go to another town, and bank everything except the booze.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

aerandor

Post by aerandor »

Pirul wrote:Someone is killing you. Go to another town, and bank everything except the booze.
if I'm being killed, how come I don't get the choice to report the murder? Also, if a guard is right next to me, why doesn't anything happen when I get attacked? Maybe I'm not up to date on the way this works...

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

aerandor wrote:
Pirul wrote:Someone is killing you. Go to another town, and bank everything except the booze.
if I'm being killed, how come I don't get the choice to report the murder? Also, if a guard is right next to me, why doesn't anything happen when I get attacked? Maybe I'm not up to date on the way this works...
aerandor if you want a safe place to do med,
send me a PM and I'll co own you to a house
where you will be safe. You will also be able to live
there to work other skills.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

aerandor wrote:
I can hook you up with a home to train in, also.

Casey on the forums also has new player housing available.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

There are multiple ways of dying in town without a gump to report a murder, ie.: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=37583
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Sheer Luck

Post by Sheer Luck »

Surprised no one has mentioned wearing a Magic Mage Hat <available from any NPC magic shop> in this whole thread.

Adds 5 mana to your pool which helps to prevent the "Inebriation " message at higher skill levels, because you can keep the "X" number at 35-40.

The nominal loss of AR from not wearing the leather cap can be ignored or altered with a piece of Magic Leather.

Still drunk Medding as of this post date. Restarted working on the scribe....
You see: a character crafted by Sheer Luck

[23:55]<Soma> I know very well of Abbott's ways
[23:56]<Soma> He may be a pedophile, but he's a damn good smith

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

If you lock intel at 10 and use the hat trick you can go pretty far too I think like 52 med...as long as you have other skills that will up your int that doesnt require you to cast right away. Or you can just use camping thereafter to hike up your stats as long as you have a bunch of logs on hand to whittle into kindling. It really is a fast stat maker.

The med liquor style is better for polishing up to GM or if you ressed in stat.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Causa Mortis

Post by Causa Mortis »

Great idea/macro thanks for this. I did take it a step further using your table and macro by creating a series of macros.
IE meditation35, meditation40 ect., and put If condition sysmessages at the the end to play the next in the series when my skill reached its goal. of course you would have to be 100 int or change all the numbers. :D

*EDIT*
I also changed "say GM" to "say butterweasle"
IRC = Tater
[url=irc://irc.wildirc.net:6667/new]#new[/url] <--- new player assistance IRC channel

smart86

Post by smart86 »

Honestly don't see the point unless you had GM magery before you start training med. I've always done both at the same time and Med always GM's first.

This really is a good idea if you already have all the magery you want though.

Mikanele

Post by Mikanele »

I've been using this guide to macro over night and it has worked great I bought med to 30 then just followed the guide. Thanks