Guide: GMing Meditation Liquor Style (Cheap & < 24 Hours)

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Pehiko
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Guide: GMing Meditation Liquor Style (Cheap & < 24 Hours

Post by Pehiko »

Anon Emous wrote:The admin should add this to the wiki. Its the best way i have found yet. Thanks for the info.
Added: http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Meditation# ... quor_Style

Cousteau Calypso

Post by Cousteau Calypso »

According to your formula to determine the value of X on the original post, you need 100 int? I currently have 71 int and 30 med and cannot use this equation so I plugged in:

If Mana >= 60
drink liquor
If Mana <= 70
Meditate

Seems to be raising at a decent rate but I have not seen any int gain. Can I still gain efficiently with less then 100 int/mana?

Edit: Forgot to add that I have yet to become drunk to the point that i cannot meditateand am now at 32.1 med
~Treasure Hunter, Bard, and Merchant~

Cousteau Calypso

Just got an Int increase. Going to raise my X values every 5 points to keep from getting drunk. Ill report back with any more findings.

Cousteau Calypso

I finally GMed meditation. Here are my findings:

Starting with 71 int (I rounded), I was unable to follow Onemortal's formula for determining the X value. So I made it 60. I also used the new, "improved" macro that McTavish posted and picked up the suggested 125 bottles of liquor. Once my meditation reached 65, I was then able to follow ONEmortal's formula for determining my X value. From there I followed it precisely, changing my X value, if needed, whenever I woke up, got home from work, etc. Basically whenever I saw that it needed changed.

I came home from work one day to find that I was at about 98.0 med and I had 5 bottles of liquor left. Before work I was at around 92 or so. I didn't check to see how full the remaining 5 bottles were so I bought 55 more for good measure lol. Probably a bit overkill but hey, who hasn't gone overboard with the liquor before ;) Anyway, I changed my X value to 25 as suggested in the formula, restarted my macro, and ran some errands. When I get back and my skill hasn't raised and my journal is full of "inebriation is inconducive to meditation" or whatever it is. I don't know if it was because I didn't have 100 Int, but theoretically, having a lower total mana would require less drinking to drop it to 25. Therefore giving me BETTER chances to not get drunk. But It seamed I was always too drunk to meditate with my X value of 25. Up until then, I had never gotten too drunk.

So, I changed my X value back to 30 and ran my macro overnight. When I got up this morning I had 100 meditation, 79 Int, 0 bottles of liquor, and 0 inebriation messages in my journal. Since the macro has a line in it that has you saying something right after you attempt to meditate, It immediately stops your meditation so your mana doesnt raise fast, reducing your mana gain and liquor consumption. Therefore, I really don't know what effect the differing X values have other than how many drinks it takes to get you there in a certain amount of time. I think you could just set it to around 30-50, depending on your Int and be good to go. But that may have an effect on your liquor consumption.

I hope this helps others and any other input is welcome.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Meditation gains have everything to do with the mana point where you're attempting to med at. Meaning, if you have 50 skill and 100 INT, you will gain when trying to med at around 50 mana (aka. the sweet spot)

Therefore you can work a real simple formula to understand:
sweet spot = 100-((INT/100)*(med skill/100)*100)
...or use this table:
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Cousteau Calypso

Simply Beautiful. Thanks Pirul

smit9352

Post by smit9352 »

I've used your method to GM one character and my other character is at 97.4.
Thank you for this explaining this method, it's great!
Derrick wrote:Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.
Kaivan wrote:I wasn't aware that popular opinion was more valued than accuracy.

GodrickRykker

Post by GodrickRykker »

I have not read the entire thread, but will 125 bottles of liquor pretty much cover from 0-100 med or will I need to buy more? Is this just a good safe amount to have in your backpack before macroing this?

Who wants to donate to a liquor fund? :p

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

GodrickRykker wrote:I have not read the entire thread, but will 125 bottles of liquor pretty much cover from 0-100 med or will I need to buy more? Is this just a good safe amount to have in your backpack before macroing this?

Who wants to donate to a liquor fund? :p
I'd advise buying med. from npc. The bottles dont have to be in your backpack to use, as you will not be
able to hold that may items. Just target the bottles in bag in bankbox, change to target type on razor.
Important to follow the chart as you gain and change as needed.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Cousteau Calypso

I've Gmed 2 chars now. The first I documented and the second one, I just sex my X value to 35. I tried to follow the table but kept getting too drunk to med. Setting X at 35 seemed to work just fine from start to finish and even used less than 125 bottles I believe as I do not remember restocking on them. Maybe takes less bottles to get to gm using the table but the inebriation messages were annoying me. Anyway, Its not like Liquor is expensive.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

So you left X at 35 from trained level of meditation (e.g. 25) all the way up to GM? Did you have 100 int the whole time? How long did it take?
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Cousteau Calypso wrote:I've Gmed 2 chars now. The first I documented and the second one, I just sex my X value to 35. I tried to follow the table but kept getting too drunk to med. Setting X at 35 seemed to work just fine from start to finish and even used less than 125 bottles I believe as I do not remember restocking on them. Maybe takes less bottles to get to gm using the table but the inebriation messages were annoying me. Anyway, Its not like Liquor is expensive.
This is how my macro is setup, also.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Cousteau Calypso

the bazookas wrote:So you left X at 35 from trained level of meditation (e.g. 25) all the way up to GM? Did you have 100 int the whole time? How long did it take?
With my first char, I attempted to follow the OP's formula for determining X. But he was only 70 int when he started so I had to adjust accordingly. But ultimately GMed with a X of 35.

My second char started with 100 int so I tried to follow Pirul's table. But at 70 med and 100 int and setting X at 29 ( I actually rounded to 30) I was constantly getting the inebriation message. But set it at 35 and It runs all day.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Assuming 100 INT: suppose I have 30 med (or whatever I can train it to). I would need to follow the table up to 70 med before just letting it roll with a trigger mana >35? Or Lightshade did you mean that I could start from 30 med and just leave the trigger at mana > 35 the entire way up? (I would think you wouldn't gain at that point since you would always fail?).

Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Cousteau Calypso

I didnt monitor my success/fail ratio. Maybe setting X at such a low value at low skill would cause more failures. IDK. But I was still gaining, it was still fast, and I didnt waste a bunch of liquor :)

Return to “Guides”