Razor Macro: Animal Taming

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Maester Fudge
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Razor Macro: Animal Taming

Post by Maester Fudge »

Hi all,
I started working on my tamer recently and saw that there wasn't too many macros in the community. Most likely because everyone has a different idea on how to macro their skills, or maybe just cause no one wants to share their secrets =P. Here is a macro i made to help the long and boring process.

Code: Select all

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|35
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.3000000
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you must
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:04
Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you fail to tame
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1058|
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1062|
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you start to tame
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:12
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.6660000
For anyone that can't read razor macro text, this will allow you to run into a pack of greys, and tame them all one after the other until they are all under your control.
The main loop will use skill Animal Taming, wait for a target, then select a random grey, if the message "you start taming etc etc" pops up, you will wait the initial 12 seconds, then the macro will restart and try to use Animal Taming again. If you are still taming the creature from the last tame, it will detect the system message "you must wait to etc etc" and wait an additional 4 seconds, then try again.
Of course if you fail on the last creature, it looks for "you failed etc etc" and it will try and tame the creature again. If your last creature was not "tamable" in the initial 12 seconds for the tame, you will get the skill wait message, so instead of using last target, it will again target a random grey and start the loop over again.

You can run around with it on and looping and walk close to your tames as they walk away from your radius without disturbing the macro.

If anyone has an addition or shortcut feel free to edit and post it back up.

Happy taming!

Horsewang

Re: Razor Macro: Animal Taming

Post by Horsewang »

I use:

Use Skill: Animal Taming
Wait For Target (edit to 1 second)
Last Target
Pause 1 second
**loop**

That's it.
Then I hold Alt and click on what I'm taming so I can follow it to stay in range. I also tame a couple creatures and have them guard me so I don't get killed by a random orc spawn if I'm not paying close attention.

Or my tame random macro:
Use Skill: Animal Taming
Pause .25 second
Last Target
Pause .25 second
Next Target
**loop**

It will spam a lot, but tame everything around you.
You could have your tamer running the tame random macro and set him to follow another character. Then have your character walk around and find taming targets/kill tames/kill monsters/lumberjack/mine/etc.

Good luck staying sane.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

I'd add:

TargetRandomGrey
AttackLast

This way you can aggro the entire screen of greys and go afk taming.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Horsewang

Post by Horsewang »

Nice. Works great for AFK taming.

hksaga

Post by hksaga »

Don't understand at all

Those macro applied to certain location in game?

oliVeR

Post by oliVeR »

taming sucks nonetheless but this macro makes it "less lame". might have to edit a few things to your own preference (like I removed "Wait for Target" etc) but you just kind of walk around. which means you are still at your pc wasting hours of your life and taming is probably slower because you are trying to target random greys (sometimes out of your screen) but overall a good macro. i'm using it while trying this!

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Use Skill Animal Taming
Wait for target (edit timeout to 1)
Target Random Grey

And loop it

Its a simple 3 line macro, this is all you will ever need to GM Taming in bar far the most efficient way.
This simple macro will "bounce" off anything you cannot tame without resetting your skill timer.

Note that what hicha said can be applied as well for keeping non aggressive spawn in your range of taming without moving.

4579190a

Post by 4579190a »

wow lol do it buy hand it just takes less then 1 week if you do it that way

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

4579190a wrote:wow lol do it buy hand it just takes less then 1 week if you do it that way
idk, i spent an hour at hell hounds constantly taming the whole time, and went from 90.7 -> 90.8

maybe if you play 24/7 you can gm in a week
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

tom229

Post by tom229 »

Im current using this:

Say: all stop
Pause 1.00sec
Exec: Target Closest Grey
UseSkill Animal Taming
Pause 1.00sec
Say: all guard me
Pause 12sec

First you say 'all stop' because when your pets are in guard mode they are grey and will screw up the next part. Once they are showing blue again the macro auto-targets the closest grey, starts the tame, set your pets to guard (so they will follow and protect against roaming orcs), and wait 12 seconds for the tame.

You can run around manually doing this for fastest results, or complement it by auto following a wandering healer if you want a complete AFK macro.

Gregor De Gar

Post by Gregor De Gar »

Hey, figured I'd throw in my 2 cents and post my macro here. I made it with dragon taming in mind, but it works for anything.

Basically, you set your last target to what you want to tame, either using a set last target hotkey or just a dagger or whatever, and then hit go.

If you're poisoned, it cures. If your hits drop below 80, it heals (60 is a safe number if it's just one dragon. if there are drakes or whatever i find 80 to be safer)

otherwise it just spams taming

Code: Select all

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|3|-1|0
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|3002021|
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|1
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1059|
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|0|0|80
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|3002039|
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1059|
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1044095|
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1058|
*edit*

since a lot of folks seem to be posting macros to raise taming, mine went like this:

use skill taming
wait for target (set timeout to 1)
target by type (hell hound)
target by type (giant toad)
target by type (frenzied)
target by type (etc...)

you can have more than one target by type and it appears to just cycle through until it finds one.

worked great in the hell hound room, since it would only target hell hounds. once they all die, the right side of your screen fills up with "no item of type: character(23) found" so you know you're ready to wait for the next respawn

made it pretty easy to semi afk gm taming once i hit hounds...

Return to “Guides”