Connecting to UOSA in Ubuntu 9.04

Pristiq

Connecting to UOSA in Ubuntu 9.04

Post by Pristiq »

I recently was able to find how to run Razor and connect to UOSA using the latest version of Ubuntu.

First, you're going to need to install WINE and winetricks if you haven't already.
WINE: http://www.winehq.org/download/deb
winetricks:

Code: Select all

wget http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks
Next, run the following commands to prep WINE for Razor:

sh winetricks dotnet20
sh winetricks allfonts
sh winetricks fontfix
sudo apt-get remove ttf-oriya-fonts
Now you will need to download and install the client and Razor. Go ahead and run Razor; if it doesn't work, run Updater.exe located in ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Razor/ first. At this point, the port box will be greyed out. You're going to have to login and create a character on one of the UOG servers. Log out, quit the game, then hop back on your terminal:

cd ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/
wine regedit.exe
Navigate to HKEY_USERS>S-1-5-4>Software>Razor and edit the LastServer value to uosecondage.com and the LastPort value to 2593.
Now when you run Razor you will be able to input the IP (uosecondage.com) and port (2593) and play on UOSA!
Last edited by Pristiq on Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Re: Connecting to UOSA in Ubuntu 9.04

Post by son »

I have to wine the razor updater everytime I run UO. If I wine razor.exe it crashes everytime.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

Have you followed all the steps above? Also, rm'ing the Razor folder and reinstalling might help.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

ShastaMcNasty
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by ShastaMcNasty »

works like a charm...thanks!

[23:25] <chainsoar> some rat f#&* on foot just killed me with a single ebolt

[18:19] <MatrondeWinter> I once saw ShastaMcNasty kill chad- with only a pitchfork, 5 bandaids, and the unlock spell.

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

This works flawlessly on Ubuntu 9.10 also...

Only difference is I used Synaptic Package Manager to install Wine and Winetricks.

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

Pristiq,

I was browsing through Wine's application database. They have no documentation on how to get Razor working under Ubuntu/Linux. Thought you'd like to know.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... &iId=10432

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

I have heard people having the same problem with the updater in windows also, i'm not sure this is a wine issue.

To fix your always on top issue, you want to go into the folder you installed Razor to.
(ex. find ~/.wine/drive_c/games/Razor/Profiles)
In the Profiles folder there are .xml documents containing razor settings for each account profile. The profiles are saved on disk as <accountname>.xml.
(ex. orionsune.xml). Open your account profile's .xml with your favorite text editor and find the property

<property name="AlwaysOnTop" type="System.Boolean">True</property>
Change the value "True" to "False"
You may want to make sure you have this set to False in the default.xml files also.

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

orionsune wrote:Pristiq,

I was browsing through Wine's application database. They have no documentation on how to get Razor working under Ubuntu/Linux. Thought you'd like to know.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... &iId=10432
The Ubuntu write up looks good. Should I do one for Arch linux (what I'm currently using) as soon as I reformat my comp?

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

orionsune wrote:I have heard people having the same problem with the updater in windows also, i'm not sure this is a wine issue.

To fix your always on top issue, you want to go into the folder you installed Razor to.
In the Profiles folder there are .xml documents containing razor settings for each account profile. The profiles are saved on disk as <accountname>.xml.
(ex. orionsune.xml). Open your account profile's .xml with your favorite text editor and find the property

You may want to make sure you have this set to False in the default.xml files also.

Ye I know this, I am referring to UOPS. UOPS is always on top by default right?

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

Pristiq wrote:The Ubuntu write up looks good. Should I do one for Arch linux (what I'm currently using) as soon as I reformat my comp?
Yeah that would most welcome... besides your original instructions inspired me to pick that old project up...
son wrote:Ye I know this, I am referring to UOPS. UOPS is always on top by default right?
I apologize I mis-understood you, it sounded like you were having two seperate issues, i'll look at it when I get home..

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

son wrote:
orionsune wrote:I have heard people having the same problem with the updater in windows also, i'm not sure this is a wine issue.

Ye I know this, I am referring to UOPS. UOPS is always on top by default right?
I apologize I mis-understood you, it sounded like you were have two seperate issues.

Derek_vinyard

Post by Derek_vinyard »

now to write a PERL script to log in and refresh my house 8)

dreamcaster

Post by dreamcaster »

Here's my story. I installed it on my Asus laptop (running windows), them I copied the folders "Razor" "Ultima Online" and "UOAM" to a pen drive. Put the pen on my asus eee running eeebuntu 9.04, run the console codes. Started razor to add it to the registry. Manually specified everything (client, data folder, server and port), exit, run the updater, run Razor and click ok and I'm in :)

See you on Brittania
Check out my blog at http://dr3amcast3r.wordpress.com :)

Cheers!

Return to “Linux/Mac Support”