LOS House Exploit Policy

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Anarcho
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

LOS House Exploit Policy

Post by Anarcho »

A suggestion has been made to correct the longstanding LOS exploits that make most homes unsafe. These exploits are largely achieved using 3rd party tools, but some are possible through means that were otherwise unknown in the era.

As we have acted on fixing gold duping, which was possible in era, due to how it would have been treated by OSI staff had it been known and exploited, I plan to do the same here through an automated policy.

In essence I do not plan on changing the LOS formula itself, nor the tile data, as this almost certainly cannot be done without having a strange chain reaction.

Instead, a policy will be put in place that declares using these exploits illegal and this will be automatically enforced with cancelled spell/potion targets.

I appreciate and am inspired by Boomland's argument here and feel that this fix addresses Kaivan's real concerns as well.

These changes are currently on the test server. You can connect to it using the host of test.uosecondage.com port 2593.

This is a strange problem to fix and I appreciate all help in confirming these changes.

You can also join us in the test discord using the following link:
https://discord.gg/CaJjMuf

Capitalist

Re: LOS House Exploit Policy

Post by Capitalist »

When should we expect FakeEcaj to depart? I mean, when will a policy be placed?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.