Loot Table

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
ultra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Loot Table

Post by ultra »

I stocked up 16 mix of lvl 4/5. I got one power club and a 10 invis hat - the rest was garbage. Never seen it like this. I use to sell charges items/weapons back when, now I couldn't stock a vendor if I wanted. I sold out on all the stuff I had from back in 2012/2013. Not entertaining...and a waste of our time.... /sigh. Never been so bored while playing a game, mindless, repetitive grinds with very little pay off = low pop, but that's just my opinion. I play to be entertained. Since, I have been back It has been as exciting as sitting on the couch staring at my wife browse through pinterest on her iPhone.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

I used to do this sort of thing a lot before I became so crazy-busy IRL, but not since the change to the Loot Tables. Welpsy, I finally got the opportunity to do "it" again, and did, and might have useful information to report.

What "it" is: a 6-character (2 ea. from 3 accounts) "round-robin farming marathon" involving tier-3 and tier-5 monsters (according to max. Fame-gain and, at least sort-of, relative to the mobs that appear as T-Map guardians).

I'll not disclose the identities of the monsters; Anarcho, if you would like that information, please PM me.

It took a couple of hours to fill-up the inventories of the characters involved, and I came away with 18 magic items: 1 item was armour of Hardening, the rest garbage …

However, prior to the Loot Table changes, I would have been really lucky to pull even one magic item, and that one magic item would have been almost-guaranteed to be garbage (In fact, that Hardening armour I just pulled is probably the one-and-only worthwhile item I have ever pulled from doing this "marathon").

As I'd mentioned in another thread, a long time ago, I had felt I had observed increased numbers of item-drops from many types of monsters, but I didn't feel that I had any "good numbers"; I still don't (this was only one "marathon"), but the numbers I can provide seem to me to be intriguing, in the least.

These numbers suggest something on the order of a 2000% boost to drop-rate (at least, among the monster-types involved; I also neglected to track how many items from which tier of monster), even though the chances of getting anything good have been so severely reduced.

All monsters, all-across-the-board, versus only-certain-monsters? I have no idea.

Food for thought, folks.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Okay, so, guess what? I had had opportunity over the weekend to run another of these marathons, and I've got more numbers.

This time I carried away a total of 19 magic items: of, perhaps, notable interest was one item of Hardening armour, one durable kryss of Daemon's Breath and Ruin (49 charges), a wand of Lightning (17 charges), and a longsword of Weakness and Vanquishing (34 charges).

Gee, anything here that screams, "Wow!"? Certainly not; however, 49 charges on that kryss might make it entertaining, and the longsword possesses a steep damage curve, which some dexxers have been known to favour, and it's "of Vanquishing" (and, yes, bah: who cares about the Weakness charges?).

I would still hesitate to call these numbers, "good" but, gee, maybe the new loot tables are not as awful as everyone complains …

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

uosa44

Post by uosa44 »

ultra wrote:I stocked up 16 mix of lvl 4/5. I got one power club and a 10 invis hat - the rest was garbage. Never seen it like this. I use to sell charges items/weapons back when, now I couldn't stock a vendor if I wanted. I sold out on all the stuff I had from back in 2012/2013. Not entertaining...and a waste of our time.... /sigh. Never been so bored while playing a game, mindless, repetitive grinds with very little pay off = low pop, but that's just my opinion. I play to be entertained. Since, I have been back It has been as exciting as sitting on the couch staring at my wife browse through pinterest on her iPhone.
I concur.

The loot tables are so horrid compared to what I experienced on OSI, it makes you not want to bother doing PvM after you have amassed wealth, which is quite easy to do so in a week or two.

Is there an agreement among individuals that wealthy players do not want to see an influx of items because they do not need it, mostly because, they do not play anymore?

SighelmofWyrmgard

uosa44 wrote:Is there an agreement among individuals that wealthy players do not want to see an influx of items because they do not need it, mostly because, they do not play anymore?
Um, no: there exists no such agreement; I'm glad I could clear that up for you.

Otherwise, for the benefit of people who prefer information to pointless-and-contrary supposition, I'll share a little more information.

The other day, I had time to send William of Yew on a very-brief expedition to loot 3 of the most-accessible Lvl4 Dungeon chests. I came away with a shepherd's crook of Force (garbage; I know, but I do not know what governs "shepherd's crook" versus "halberd"), a skirt of Blessings (18 charges), and ear rings of Invisibility (40 charges). From three chests, one very-good item and two that might be deemed, "not-very-good-at-all-but-perhaps-noteworthy".

I can not claim to be dissatisfied.

SS

[EDIT:]

P.S. Last week, or so, I've also had occasion to "pop-in and slay" a certain (low-)Tier-5 monster: six kills yielded 4 magic items, the only "respectable" item being a wand of Identification (26 charges); the other three items were not all "super-awful", simply stuff that was not quite good enough for me to keep.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS

uosa44

Post by uosa44 »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:Is there an agreement among individuals that wealthy players do not want to see an influx of items because they do not need it, mostly because, they do not play anymore?
Um, no: there exists no such agreement; I'm glad I could clear that up for you.

Otherwise, for the benefit of people who prefer information to pointless-and-contrary supposition, I'll share a little more information.

The other day, I had time to send William of Yew on a very-brief expedition to loot 3 of the most-accessible Lvl4 Dungeon chests. I came away with a shepherd's crook of Force (garbage; I know, but I do not know what governs "shepherd's crook" versus "halberd"), a skirt of Blessings (18 charges), and ear rings of Invisibility (40 charges). From three chests, one very-good item and two that might be deemed, "not-very-good-at-all-but-perhaps-noteworthy".

I can not claim to be dissatisfied.

SS

[EDIT:]

P.S. Last week, or so, I've also had occasion to "pop-in and slay" a certain (low-)Tier-5 monster: six kills yielded 4 magic items, the only "respectable" item being a wand of Identification (26 charges); the other three items were not all "super-awful", simply stuff that was not quite good enough for me to keep.

SS

So defensive. Yikes!! Watch your blood pressure.

I myself had a "bow of vanquishing" dropped from a certain (low-)Tier-5 monster. I have also had a hundred garbage drops before this.

If something is not "super awful" how can you then claim it to be garbage???? Not good enough for you, or anyone. Don't contradict yourself.

SighelmofWyrmgard

uosa44 wrote:

I myself had a "bow of vanquishing" dropped from a certain (low-)Tier-5 monster. I have also had a hundred garbage drops before this.

If something is not "super awful" how can you then claim it to be garbage???? Not good enough for you, or anyone. Don't contradict yourself.
I do not contradict myself, unlike you. Also, in opposition to your behaviour, I do not make claims in the absence of evidence. In this instance, all I have to do is quote your latest delusional "stream of unconsciousness": you do realise that you just can't type random nonsense and expect that people will accept it as truth; don't you?

Based upon all available evidence, I expect that you don't, after all; amazing; where's Jane Goodall when you really need her?

Much of what I've just quoted doesn't even possess any cohesion.

Gee, thanks for the concern: I'll watch my blood pressure (yawn), and endeavour to be less-defensive …

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS

uosa44

Post by uosa44 »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:

I do not contradict myself, unlike you. Also, in opposition to your behaviour, I do not make claims in the absence of evidence. In this instance, all I have to do is quote your latest delusional "stream of unconsciousness": you do realise that you just can't type random nonsense and expect that people will accept it as truth; don't you?

Based upon all available evidence, I expect that you don't, after all; amazing; where's Jane Goodall when you really need her?

Much of what I've just quoted doesn't even possess any cohesion.

Gee, thanks for the concern: I'll watch my blood pressure (yawn), and endeavour to be less-defensive …

SS
Yes, you are VERY defensive and quick to anger. You go on rants without making any valid points.

Read THIS entire thread. Yes, the exact same thread YOU referred me to.

The evidence is in THIS thread. With even Boomland agreeing that something is quite possibly afoot with the loot tables.

The proof is in this thread. Can you prove otherwise?

Nope, you can't. I can't wait for your next endless rant to show off your ignorance.

Swunk

Post by Swunk »

The drops used to be lit now they ain't.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Results from a third "marathon": 11 magic items; 1 piece armor of Fortification and 1 wand of Identification (25 charges); nothing else was worth keeping.

Still, 2 'keepable' items had been "unheard-of" before the changes to the loot tables.

Want good magic items, folks? Work for them.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS

Happy Gilmore

Post by Happy Gilmore »

Sighelm, only if you played UO as much as you post in this forum...

SighelmofWyrmgard

Happy Gilmore wrote:Sighelm, only if you played UO as much as you post in this forum...
Yeah, I guess it's obvious that I don't play at all; isn't it?

I mean, without even logging-in, all this gold and magic items appear in my toons' inventories, and the items get identified and sorted, and the gold goes into my bank … and I can't even begin to comprehend how it all happens! You can't imagine how disconcerting it all is!

Happy, here's some advice for you: pluck that thumb out of your mouth and you might become capable of communicating something intelligible.

Now, be a good boy and eat all of your mashed peas.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS

Happy Gilmore

Post by Happy Gilmore »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
Happy Gilmore wrote:Sighelm, only if you played UO as much as you post in this forum...
Yeah, I guess it's obvious that I don't play at all; isn't it?

I mean, without even logging-in, all this gold and magic items appear in my toons' inventories, and the items get identified and sorted, and the gold goes into my bank … and I can't even begin to comprehend how it all happens! You can't imagine how disconcerting it all is!

Happy, here's some advice for you: pluck that thumb out of your mouth and you might become capable of communicating something intelligible.

Now, be a good boy and eat all of your mashed peas.

SS
Whoa buddy take your meds. I'm just plainly stating you reply to almost every thread that is posted lately. I would just like to see you in game that much. I was bored so I looked up your guild. My guess is that it is probably 80% to 85% of your own characters, which 99% of them I have never seen in game. So how the gold and other items appear in your bank is a mystery to me as well, but then again you are afraid to say where you farm and what tier 5 monsters you kill........ Maybe you are the thumb sucker?

SighelmofWyrmgard

The signature mistake of any stupid person is making the assumption that anyone/everyone else is stupid.

You did not "plainly state" what you now claim to have plainly stated: were that true, it's what you would have said in the first place, dork, and you didn't. You are full of gripes and snide, implied --only, as there is no evidence!--, suppositions.

Here I am, once again, pointing to the obvious … and I am wondering how stupid/maladjusted you must be to have freely proffered the ammunition ...

Get a life, get a brain, take your insubstantial griping elsewhere: UOSA doesn't need you.

Do you feel like attacking me again? I'd recommend that you don't.

BTW, my doctors have me on no medication whatsoever: whoa, buddy, maybe double-up on your own (or is that, maybe, the source of the problem?).

Getting out of your mom's basement would be a change that couldn't hurt, either.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS

Happy Gilmore

Post by Happy Gilmore »

I always feel like attacking you, but mentioned before "I never see you in game"

I am only pissed about one thing and that is you did the parents basement joke before me. Mine was going to go like this.

Wow Sighelm you are so intelligent in your posts. You should really run upstairs and tell your parents "thanks" for your college education.

Funny you are so superior in your own mind to say what UOSA needs or don't need.