Runebooks will not be blessed

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Nexus

Re: Runebooks will not be blessed

Post by Nexus »

When runebooks first came out the intention was to solely remove items from the game (namely all those runes) and put them in one item. This is why they were introduced later in the C.U.B. They're just at the cut-off of the Nov 23rd updates that this server is set to.

"Rune Books will allow players to keep far fewer runes in their bank boxes and houses while still being able to carry a regular rune when travelling outside of town."

They didn't get blessed until well into Trammel *spit*.

Nexus

Post by Nexus »

mrredhatter wrote:Both my spell-book and rune-book do not say that they are blessed. A PK took my rune-book today because I assumed that my rune-book was just as blessed as my non-blesses blessed magic-book. If an item is blessed is there any good reason why it doesn't say so? It would eliminate a lot of guess work.
Here's a tip that should help you in this area: If you didn't start your character with it in your pack, it's not blessed unless specifically marked so. Items like reagents and gold that are blessed will become unblessed when stacked with items that are not blessed or newbified.

Gray Wolf

Post by Gray Wolf »

I read this entire thread.

::: blinks :::

I'm going to lie down.

:: thud ::
Sure am glad no-one called the guards!

:::: whack :::::

SVrider

Post by SVrider »

Gray Wolf wrote:I read this entire thread.

::: blinks :::

I'm going to lie down.

:: thud ::
that what we like to call 'Devotion'
RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

The Saint

Post by The Saint »

So what if I saw a player with a rune book that had the [Blessed] after it?

Is it that they renamed it or were their "item bless deeds" given out?

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Was renamed.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

SteelReserve

Post by SteelReserve »

*finds a Thread where the last post was November of last year*

The only thing I really liked about having blessed rune books was that it made it so you were not Forced 2 use Magery in Every Template if you wanted to get around without running everywhere. Dump 8 or 10 recalls in a book and you were good 2 go.

However If it wasn't in T2A were not going to get it.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Dyne wrote:*finds a Thread where the last post was November of last year*

The only thing I really liked about having blessed rune books was that it made it so you were not Forced 2 use Magery in Every Template if you wanted to get around without running everywhere. Dump 8 or 10 recalls in a book and you were good 2 go.

However If it wasn't in T2A were not going to get it.
You are more than capable of dropping 8-10 recalls into a runebook and carrying it on a template without magery. There is nothing preventing you from doing that here.

haifa

Post by haifa »

Nice sharing...................

Koden

Post by Koden »

Seems like it is just one more thing you have to think past. Got to be a way to make some gold off unblessed books. Seems like a house in the right spot could do a brisk bit of vending, selling a bag with a bank rune, a rune back to that spot, and 2 recalls.
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish on UOSA and he will stay up until his wife yells at him to get to bed.

Pac

Post by Pac »

I'm glad runebooks aren't blessed I just stole one from some afk idiot at WBB.

Heckler

Post by Heckler »

Pac wrote:I'm glad runebooks aren't blessed I just stole one from some afk idiot at WBB.

wow big news ....

randale

Post by randale »

I think what I will do is mark things false intentionally, such as runes that say in the book they are to my houses will instead recall a murderer straight into Britain! I don't need to have them say the true destination in the book, as I can use razor macros that say what they really are.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

randale wrote:I think what I will do is mark things false intentionally, such as runes that say in the book they are to my houses will instead recall a murderer straight into Britain! I don't need to have them say the true destination in the book, as I can use razor macros that say what they really are.
Or you just remember which goes where. The orcs always send a peon first when we gate to a strange place. Lol.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

randale

Post by randale »

Ronk wrote:
randale wrote:I think what I will do is mark things false intentionally, such as runes that say in the book they are to my houses will instead recall a murderer straight into Britain! I don't need to have them say the true destination in the book, as I can use razor macros that say what they really are.
Or you just remember which goes where. The orcs always send a peon first when we gate to a strange place. Lol.
You mean a tamed creature? Or just some low level guildie?