Runebooks will not be blessed

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
eniave

Re: Runebooks will not be blessed

Post by eniave »

Downs is so right :lol:
LS 1997 - 2003

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Caranthir wrote:So if they were always blessed, regardless of OSI's intentions, shouldn't they be blessed here in line with era accuracy? O.o
Aye, if that was the case, but they were not blessed in this era, they became blessed in error afterwards, but I don't know the details of that.

Redbeard72

Post by Redbeard72 »

Derrick wrote:
Caranthir wrote:So if they were always blessed, regardless of OSI's intentions, shouldn't they be blessed here in line with era accuracy? O.o
Aye, if that was the case, but they were not blessed in this era, they became blessed in error afterwards, but I don't know the details of that.
On Napa i remember rune books NOT being blessed, They Came out in clean up brit era. I quit after Tram. I used to have an old pic of me with my pack open with a bunch blanks and NO runebook. marking in T2A.< Hince the name of the Shard.

Keep RUnebooks,and NOT blessed !

Best shard ever!!!!
Derrick wrote:

The second scenario is not extremely likely, but it is more likely now than it was previously.

Franz

Post by Franz »

are runebooks still stealable? I tried to steal a runebook today and got the message "you cannont steal that!"

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

are runebooks still stealable? I tried to steal a runebook today and got the message "you cannont steal that!"
They are, indirectly, there were a few changes, you can also read more about it here:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7787
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Psycho

Post by Psycho »

well.. you did have a c.u.b. and runebooks still arnt blesed, do you plan on having anymore c.u.b. events?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

On OSI, Runebooks after the CUB were only blessed by those who obtained a Item Bless deed from the CUB, we did not give out item bless deeds in the CUB, but replaced them with Clothing Bless Deeds
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Stuck
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Stuck »

Batlin wrote:
They are, indirectly, there were a few changes, you can also read more about it here:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7787
I was able to directly target and steal a runebook yesterday. I think if a runebook has charges, it weighs a bit to compensate for the recall scrolls that should be in it's place. I think it had 7 charges and weighed 3 stones, so I was able to actually target it and steal it. I don't know if this is era accurate or not.

Direwolf

Post by Direwolf »

I was around during the original T2A and I remember you only had a "hunting" runebook with a few runes in it... main runebooks inthe bank and always make copies in case you die and lose yours

Carta

Post by Carta »

I don't understand why people keep saying things thing "WELL THEY ENDED UP BEING BLESSED LATER ON SO THEY SHOULD BE HERE TOO!"
If I am not mistaken, the point of this shard is to be era accurate.. not era accurate + whatever later updates came along that people think we should have.
If there was a guard that would kill you no matter where you were in the shard ( town or not ) when you said "pickles" during T2A - UO Second Age would have it.. no matter how much it sucked.. or if it was patched in later era's.

Pac

Post by Pac »

Carta wrote: If there was a guard that would kill you no matter where you were in the shard ( town or not ) when you said "pickles" during T2A - UO Second Age would have it.. no matter how much it sucked.. or if it was patched in later era's.
I remember that guard, you could kill it if you had enough people. He dropped a special castle deed that could be placed anywhere and would displace any existing houses in its way.

mrredhatter

Post by mrredhatter »

Both my spell-book and rune-book do not say that they are blessed. A PK took my rune-book today because I assumed that my rune-book was just as blessed as my non-blesses blessed magic-book. If an item is blessed is there any good reason why it doesn't say so? It would eliminate a lot of guess work.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

mrredhatter wrote:Both my spell-book and rune-book do not say that they are blessed. A PK took my rune-book today because I assumed that my rune-book was just as blessed as my non-blesses blessed magic-book. If an item is blessed is there any good reason why it doesn't say so? It would eliminate a lot of guess work.
Confused
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

mrredhatter wrote:Both my spell-book and rune-book do not say that they are blessed. A PK took my rune-book today because I assumed that my rune-book was just as blessed as my non-blesses blessed magic-book. If an item is blessed is there any good reason why it doesn't say so? It would eliminate a lot of guess work.
I'm sorry for this misfortune. Spellbooks did not have the [blessed] tag in era like other items which may have been blessed after the advent of Item Bless Deeds after our timeframe.

Runebooks are not blessed at all, as they were introduced that way in era. It was possible to bless them with an item bless deed, but that came after our target timeframe.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

After 6 pages of back and forth and the wonderful title of this thread. I am going to believe WITHOUT a doubt that runebooks will never ever be blessed!
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson