Meteor Swarm/earthquake house harassment

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Adunaphel

Meteor Swarm/earthquake house harassment

Post by Adunaphel »

Im accepting of a lot of behaviors that I consider griefing (pet theives, blue stonewallers, etc). These are all very frustrating to be on the receiving end of, but are at least profitable for the people who choose to use them. MS and earthquake harassment of housing is 100% grief playing and should not be allowed. You cannot loot a dead player/animal/npc that is locked in a house. It serves absolutely no purpose other than to waste another players time. Surely something can be done to keep this from happening so constantly?

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Meteor Swarm/earthquake house harassment

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Its allowed man, and that ain't changing. Just learn to counter it.

Unless you trollin', then gtfo.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Adunaphel wrote: Surely something can be done to keep this from happening so constantly?
Yes, there's stuff that you can do to stop it happening so constantly.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Adunaphel

Post by Adunaphel »

How do I go about countering something when I'm afk? Shark, I'd think you of all people would back me up on this.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Just cuz ns is stupid sometimes doesn't mean he wants griefing banned. You have to be stupid all the time to want that.

RIP all the stuff ns recently lost.

Rick Scarf

Post by Rick Scarf »

If you're in the middle tile of a small house or equivalent distance away from the outside in a larger house, you're safe.
There could be a "real life" purpose to it anyway, maybe you just don't like a guy and want to see him dead. I don't see snipers going up to his victim to pick his pockets?

Adunaphel

Post by Adunaphel »

Panthor, I'm not some "waaah I want trammel" whiner. Whenever I go out I run the risk of getting ganked and I'm cool with that. This is flat out player harassment. Unless you're one of the people who passes his time wasting his regs killing afkers he can't even loot, I don't see how you can even be against it.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I'm intrigued that this is your 23rd post or so. Usually these posts happen in the first two or three of someone's forum membership, if at all.

Maybe the griefers don't benefit in the ways you count (gold, resources, pvp pride, whatever), but clearly there is SOME benefit to them, or else they wouldn't do it. Maybe your post was all the payment they needed :-)

Yes, like all things in this game, for every strategy there are a half dozen viable counter-strategies.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I was house killed macroing my red because the people were mad enough with me to hunt me down and time their earthquakes between the 1s delay in flamestrike targeting and damage. I spent a lot of gold (far too much) finding a place that it would be safe against this kind of activity. I didn't call for a policy change. This isn't trammel and it shouldn't be
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Adunaphel

Post by Adunaphel »

@ Rick - Thanks for the tip.
@ Mikael - just saved up enough for a house, and it's happened twice within my first few days of owning the damn thing. I don't have as much time to play as I did back 12 years ago, so I need to macro pretty heavily to get a decent character. It's the waste of time that irks me

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

I guess we could go deeper into accuracy and make it so ettins, trolls, headless ones can loot through walls and loot dead players inside houses. Then it wouldn't be 100% player grief, there would be some loot for the people who take the time to prevent AFK house macroers
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

RoadKill wrote:I guess we could go deeper into accuracy and make it so ettins, trolls, headless ones can loot through walls and loot dead players inside houses. Then it wouldn't be 100% player grief, there would be some loot for the people who take the time to prevent AFK house macroers
i vote for this and less afk house macroing
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Downs

Post by Downs »

eq has a 10 tile radius i believe, but can't directly kill you. it can if you're macroing something that hurts you

the other area spells have a 3 tile reach. count off from your walls and you'll be fine, it goes wall, space, space, safe. In a small, its dead center of the house. in bigger houses, you have more of an area to play with.

also try running macros with a restock agent so that if something does happen, you don't lose stuff, just time.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Pac

Post by Pac »

Grief playing is a legitimate playstyle. If you don't like it go play Hello Kitty.

LightShade
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LightShade »

If you don't like things that happen to you while you're AFK - log out and don't sit around AFK macroing.

If you sit around thinking you can macro safely with crappy macros or standing next to your walls I will find you and kill you. I consider you wasting good network bandwidth that could be used for more noble causes. :)

This isn't trammel or your grandmother's house.

EDIT: judging by the timing of this post it may have been me who killed you anyways haha
Light Shade
PK Napa Valley T2A