WTF happened to the Stealth Theif?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Crehalen

WTF happened to the Stealth Theif?

Post by Crehalen »

Ok I havn't used my theif in a month or so, I get on him stalking my prey and when I snoop with 100 snooping I get revealed. wtf is up with having a skill if you get detected even at GM? I mean we have Pk's who gank in packs, a butt load of Hally Wacking Mages but we can't have a skill that has been legit with stealth and stealing? I think its lame and I am disapointed. Why did this change? If you are a stealthy theif with gm snooping like a Ninja you shouldnt be detected unless the character has detect hidden. I think that is the only legit reason a stealthing theif should be detected if the player has detect hidden and u snoop them while hidden you should be revealed. Other then that bring it back so you can snoop while hidden or my theif is just another noob who can just steal. might as well drop stealth all together and get magery...oh wait I have one of those already....

Gatsby

Re: WTF happened to the Stealth Theif?

Post by Gatsby »

Second Age is the most accurate emulation of the UO: T2A era online today.
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18689

Downs

Post by Downs »

welcome to the sad,but era accurate thieving community

if you hide or use invis jewelry before snooping, you will not be revealed.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Pops

Post by Pops »

Downs wrote:welcome to the sad,but era accurate thieving community

can you hide, stealth up to the target, and hide again, then snoop, without revealing yourself?

Feldeath

Post by Feldeath »

Pops wrote:
Downs wrote:welcome to the sad,but era accurate thieving community

can you hide, stealth up to the target, and hide again, then snoop, without revealing yourself?
Yes.

Faust

Post by Faust »

You are only revealed if you're in stealth mode and snoop.

If you're hidden and snoop you're perfectly fine from the action revealing your character.

Pretty much in basic terms... if you hide after entering stealth you will not be revealed by the snooping action.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

edit: nm
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Crehalen

Post by Crehalen »

ohhhh it was a technicality then. that is fine I just thought it was F'd up. So i'll try it next time im on