Guarded Items + Criminal Flagging

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Ripplinger

Re: Guarded Items + Criminal Flagging

Post by Ripplinger »

I just tried it with 2 characters on a house door, and the non-friend touching the guarded door did turn grey as it should, and pet attacked.

The character who set the pet to guard the door though turned grey to that non-friend character once the pet attacked. I don't know if that part is correct or not, I would have expected the house owner to remain blue. On the house owner's screen, I stayed blue to myself, only the player who touched the door saw me as grey. But possibly showing as grey to the other character is what makes it look like it's not working correctly?

I let the pet kill the grey character and there was no murder count or prompt to report the house owner, as it should be.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Ok, I brought this up before on this matter and I'm hoping there is something that can be done about it.

Guarding a door with a pet works. However, if you use the razor option "auto open doors" you can bypass the guard function and use the door without flagging or being attacked by the tamers pet.

The only way for this to work properly is to "double click" the door that is guarded.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Rose wrote:Ok, I brought this up before on this matter and I'm hoping there is something that can be done about it.

Guarding a door with a pet works. However, if you use the razor option "auto open doors" you can bypass the guard function and use the door without flagging or being attacked by the tamers pet.

The only way for this to work properly is to "double click" the door that is guarded.
That seems odd considering razor will refresh a house with it's auto-open0door feature. That to me indicates that whatever onDoubleClick() event is happening and that razor is only finding your proximity to the door and double clicking it for you.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Rose wrote:Guarding a door with a pet works. However, if you use the razor option "auto open doors" you can bypass the guard function and use the door without flagging or being attacked by the tamers pet.
thanks, will fix.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."