Horse stamina

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Sexy Smithy

Re: Horse stamina

Post by Sexy Smithy »

So....i'm okay with the stamina changes for the most part. Certainly cramps my "I don't have much time to play and wanna make the most of it" style, but whatever. Definitely think the "all follow me" bug needs the axe. Just a little bit of common sense can be used.

The one thing I hate about this new change is that I cannot WALK around on my mount without it running out of stamina. That's a bit ridiculous...
Special Projects Minion.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

MatronDeWinter wrote:I sort of think that the "all follow me" instant pet stamina bug should be one of the excluded exploits.
I agree it defeats the whole purpose of the mount stamina.

Not everything OSI changed was a bad idea.

I don't even believe what we currently have is even that accurate, it could be off....

I say remove it, it's even worse than the safe haven of the deceit LL top floor bug.

Blood

Post by Blood »

I sort of think that the "all follow me" instant pet stamina bug should be one of the excluded exploits.
I totally agree, theres no logic on implementing this change if theres a so easy work around.

Keep in mind that at the time this bug was live on OSI servers razor didnt existed, maybe what razor does in 0.6 seconds it took like 2-3 seconds and really impacted the gameplay.

On the other side if the "bug" existed during the 2nd age... :wink:

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Sexy Smithy wrote:So....i'm okay with the stamina changes for the most part. Certainly cramps my "I don't have much time to play and wanna make the most of it" style, but whatever. Definitely think the "all follow me" bug needs the axe. Just a little bit of common sense can be used.

The one thing I hate about this new change is that I cannot WALK around on my mount without it running out of stamina. That's a bit ridiculous...
If it was in during our time period then it needs to be in now.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Derrick wrote:
Kraarug wrote:Does weight affect the rate in the demo?
Yes, the stamina code which uses weight, surrent stamina and hit points is stripped right from OSI code for UOSA. Wieght is not a factor for mounts, but the other two are factors.
I was just wondering, is weight countered by strength?

It would seem that 300 stones carried by a character with 50 str would be the same as a character with 100 str.

On the same notion, a 300 stones carried by a character with 50 stam would not be the same as 300 stones carried by a character with 100 stam.

Does the formula support that assumption?

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Izual wrote:
Hicha wrote:
Izual wrote:
RainbowBeard wrote:Was kind of hoping the 'all follow me' thing wouldn't make it to publish so we could get more people on foot.
Me too. I can't believe you can just say "All follow me" to regen their stamina.. bad imo
I've seen people do it so fast the graphic doesn't even change showing them dismount.
Hmm, no real point in making them fatigue at all if they're just adding an exploitable fix
I dont know, it seems to me era accuracy would be the point. Not to mention the chance of losing your mount when you dismounted to do it. Remember, you have to tab out to mount back up. It's just one more combat varible to consider.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

All era accurate bugs should be implemented. Ive already lobbied for ressing with only 10% stat for reds using auto res feature and hide repair.

The stamina change is huge, and so it the all follow me bug. They were both era acurate "features" of T2A that we all had to deal with.

If someone has to dismount mid battle and do a mount stamina refresh macro, they cannot do something else. It also allows you the chance to attack their mount. Another variable in battle.

Higher dex mounts are going to be very valuable, so will training pets.

I encourage all to voice opinion on pet stat acuracy here: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 32#p175032, I very much suspect ridable llamas are incorrect.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Blood wrote:
I sort of think that the "all follow me" instant pet stamina bug should be one of the excluded exploits.
Keep in mind that at the time this bug was live on OSI servers razor didnt existed, maybe what razor does in 0.6 seconds it took like 2-3 seconds and really impacted the gameplay.
This is a great point, Derrick needs to read this.

Right now horses can still run forever, razor allows this most of all.

We simply don't need this bug, unlike the deceit LL room this bug ruins the game everywhere. While the deceit LL bug only ruins the LL room.

Please reconsider Derrick, mounts are bad enough because foot pvp is better. But please make mounts not the king of it all.

Please remove the all follow me bug!

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

I really prefer if the "all follow me" exploit was removed because it's just simply another razor macro to make. I can't help but think it's redundant. But the argument for it being a "factor" in combat is okay I guess (but wouldn't it be even more interesting if people didn't abuse this exploit?)... Still, for everything else besides combat, it's very silly to: run, dismount say all follow me, run, repeat. I prefer if players used more natural ways to keep the mount rested, like dismounting it and having it follow (not in combat of course), feeding it, etc. And if the exploit was gone, then the high stamina mounts would truly be most sought after. It's a lot better w/o the exploit in my opinion.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

I still dont understand why you guys are arguing for the pick and choose card.

Its era accurate, there is no denying that.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

"... follow me" refreshing stamina has been on UOSA for a very long time, and judging by it's explicit implementation in OSI, I don't consider it a bug or exploit. This was done intentionally by OSI and applies to all pets, not just mounts.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

Well, then the horse stam fix fixed nothing. Run based pvp still remains and will remain.

That's disappointing.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

son wrote:I still dont understand why you guys are arguing for the pick and choose card.

Its era accurate, there is no denying that.
1. Events, silver and the trophy system isn't accurate to 1999 on purpose.
2. The current housing system in many ways is not accurate to 1999 on purpose.
3. The message of the day is not accurate to 1999, as it never existed.
4. A few other "bugs" that were era accurate were not included because they are abused like this one.

This bug is too abusive and OSI eventually changed it didn't they? Smart move. We don't need this!

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Iced Earth wrote:Well, then the horse stam fix fixed nothing. Run based pvp still remains and will remain.

That's disappointing.
The reason why everyone runs is because the hally is a machine gun. Mage vs mage is way too intense with 50% hit chance hallys. If the pvp mechanics would get fixed for hally and being able to cycle weapons while moving then running won't be much of a factor in making pvp lame. It's really a few of the mecahnics that need changing, then people will run less and cast more spells since the hally won't be hitting every 1.4 seconds like it does right now at 35 dex.

Izual
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Izual »

Iced Earth wrote:Well, then the horse stam 'fix' fixed nothing.