Horse stamina

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Faust

Re: Horse stamina

Post by Faust »

Yes, it does.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Kraarug wrote:Does weight affect the rate in the demo?
Yes, the stamina code which uses weight, current stamina and hit points as stripped right from OSI code for UOSA. Weight is not a factor for mounts, but the other two are factors.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

RainbowBeard

Post by RainbowBeard »

Running from the top of Moonglow to the bottom is pretty much the point I run out of stamina on the horse now. Kind of annoying, but yeah that's very familiar. Was kind of hoping the 'all follow me' thing wouldn't make it to publish so we could get more people on foot.

If the lack of stamina on horses bothers anyone just make a macro

Double click yourself
All follow me
Double click the horse

Bind it to a key and get used to pressing it.

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BenBrawl »

ya ive got my all follow me macro set and ready!
Facebook.com/AbsoluteCustomsLLC

Joueur Moyen

Post by Joueur Moyen »

How long before horses go wild if we don't feed them?

Bruno_Steelhart

Post by Bruno_Steelhart »

RainbowBeard wrote:Running from the top of Moonglow to the bottom is pretty much the point I run out of stamina on the horse now. Kind of annoying, but yeah that's very familiar. Was kind of hoping the 'all follow me' thing wouldn't make it to publish so we could get more people on foot.

If the lack of stamina on horses bothers anyone just make a macro

Double click yourself
All follow me
Double click the horse

Bind it to a key and get used to pressing it.
if you are in war mode chasing someone or being chased and you hit the macro wont it attack the horse?

Izual
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Izual »

RainbowBeard wrote:Was kind of hoping the 'all follow me' thing wouldn't make it to publish so we could get more people on foot.
Me too. I can't believe you can just say "All follow me" to regen their stamina.. bad imo

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Izual wrote:
RainbowBeard wrote:Was kind of hoping the 'all follow me' thing wouldn't make it to publish so we could get more people on foot.
Me too. I can't believe you can just say "All follow me" to regen their stamina.. bad imo
I've seen people do it so fast the graphic doesn't even change showing them dismount.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Izual
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Izual »

Hicha wrote:
Izual wrote:
I've seen people do it so fast the graphic doesn't even change showing them dismount.
Hmm, no real point in making them fatigue at all if they're just adding an exploitable fix

benny-

Post by benny- »

Agreed. The patch to reduce horse stam is great, but when enabling a bug to autorefresh horse stam, coupled with modern third party features, we're simply getting unlimited horse stamina with no real drawback beyond requiring players to add an additional hotkey to their setup.

If the above is true, this isn't going to affect pvp at all and is just going to create further dependency on Razor and macros in order to make the game playable.

If the all follow me bug is overriding essential mechanics, I say axe it.
- Elisud

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Both of these changes (mount stamina reduction and "all follow me") are era accurate changes, and will add another aspect to field pvp.

People can just as easily write attack mount macros, jfyi.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Izual wrote:Hmm, no real point in making them fatigue at all if they're just adding an exploitable fix
Agreed
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

rouss

Post by rouss »

if theres an exploit to regain mounts stam, i cant really see why would we have to have it here. seriously.
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Because its era accurate u freakin nerds.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I sort of think that the "all follow me" instant pet stamina bug should be one of the excluded exploits.