Horse stamina

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Re: Horse stamina

Post by son »

Lol and Psilo's fail at logic. I wont even fall for that :/

This is an era acurate bug, it should remain. People will die because they run out of stamina, so saying this change does "nothing" is ridiculous.

Good change Derrick.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The one thing that's crossed my mind on this that needs to be checked is the action delay on dbl clicking mounts which I'm sure should apply here, not sure if that's implemented.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

People are going to make attack mount macros, which will make remounting a PIA.

Two sides to the razor :))
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Kraken

Post by Kraken »

son wrote:People are going to make attack mount macros, which will make remounting a PIA.

Two sides to the razor :))
Wow you're annoying. But besides that, razor DID NOT EXIST back in the day so this bug/exploit is not the same as it is now. Really this stam fix for mounts fixed absolutely nothing. Im all for era accuracy but some things such as this dont need to be in.

BTW go cast your vote!
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19917

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mad Max »

son wrote:Lol and Psilo's fail at logic. I wont even fall for that :/

This is an era acurate bug, it should remain. People will die because they run out of stamina, so saying this change does "nothing" is ridiculous.

Good change Derrick.
Agreed.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I finally read the middle of this thread and wanted to make an additional comment.
Although this "feature" may have changed after our time frame, all mounts were also given more stamina (or slower loss) after our timeframe. I'm not sure if these changes were co-incident or not.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Lucky Luciano

Post by Lucky Luciano »

Why not just get rid of mounts altogether instead of going through all of this trouble in order to make them retardedly useless?? I'm all for accuracy myself, but I think allowing the use of Razor kinda blows that entire logic out the window. If you aren't gonna go 100% era accurate, why sweat the small stuff?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Lucky Luciano wrote:Why not just get rid of mounts altogether instead of going through all of this trouble in order to make them retardedly useless??
Did you stop using a mount after the patch?
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Izual
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Izual »

nightshark wrote:
Lucky Luciano wrote:Why not just get rid of mounts altogether instead of going through all of this trouble in order to make them retardedly useless??
Did you stop using a mount after the patch?
I did!

I think he's just exaggerating a bit to get his point across that he's unsatisfied with the recent changes
Last edited by Izual on Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

In case it was missed in countless other threads, 100% mechanical accuracy is the stated goal of UOSA. We do and will sweat the small stuff; but I don't see how anyone could consider this a small issue.

Izual
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Izual »

Derrick wrote:In case it was missed in countless other threads, 100% mechanical accuracy is the stated goal of UOSA.
I must have missed that amongst the Silver, Trophies, Neon Hair, and the Automated Events System
Last edited by Izual on Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Faust

Post by Faust »

You must have missed the threads where events and special items are impossible to make 'era accurate' to begin with making that point mute...

Trying to argue that something is era accurate when it's going to be era accurate no matter what takes place is ignorant.

Btw, neon hair came with CUB, era accurate.

Izual
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Izual »

Faust wrote:you must have missed the threads where events and special items are impossible to make 'era accurate' to begin with making that point mute...
'Moot'...
Not 100% Era Accurate nonetheless.
Faust wrote:Btw, neon hair came with CUB, era accurate.
I don't see a CUB Ticket System on UOSA

Faust

Post by Faust »

You can only replicate what can be replicated. The events that happened on production shards cannot be replicated in a manner that would be era accurate no matter what course of action is taken. Trying to argue era accuracy for any reasoning on them is well beyond ridiculous.

The goal of this shard is to replicate the game mechanics in an era accurate way. However, not every single structure with in the game can achieve this goal. That is why you can only truly 'replicate' the code that OSI made and not the policy decisions that the staff made. Deciding to throw up a particular event here with a unique theme was a staff decision. Making special items was a staff decision. You cannot replicate these situations no matter what happens.

I would highly suggest that you start drawing yourself some blueprints for a time machine if that is what you're looking for in a shard.

That is the only way you will ever experience the game that way.

Trying to sling these situations as 'non era accurate' ammo is not applicable in any way shape or form to get something that is concrete replicable to be inaccurate based on something that cannot be replicable under any circumstance.

Izual
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Izual »

I personally enjoy the Events. I hope they are not taken out, so that's not the point of my posts. And I don't normally make posts unless something has gone through a drastic gameplay mechanical change that could be bad for the server. (Which has only been this topic & Weap Dmg topic)
Faust wrote: Trying to sling these situations as 'non era accurate' ammo..
So we can use the 'era accurarate' argument to defend and deploy changes but we can't use the 'era innacurate' argument to diminish changes? That's what is happening and it is very one sided.
Last edited by Izual on Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.