Please don't remove guild chat, here's why.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Please don't remove guild chat, here's why.

Post by BlackFoot »

Pirul wrote:
BlackFoot wrote:I just read all the posts after my post and it really feels like people didn't read any single thing i said :<
uhhh...I think Psilo even quoted you, and refuted your point with screenshots and everything.
all he ended up saying was that it depended on the user and now it will be slightly more inconvenient to communicate with your guild in game... screenshots of people talking using guildc hat hardly prove it is a necessity
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Izual
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Izual »

hectorc2w wrote:i say REMOVE ALL AUTOMATED EVENTS! its all bad for the server and happen waaaaaaaay too often. have a seer/gm make an event every now and then for silver, not every goddamn night at set hours
No kidding, the only time people come out to pvp is when there is an Event and they dont have to 'use/lose supplies' the shit is lame.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

santa12345 wrote:i agree with Psilo and the many others.

i do not like the idea of taking guild/party chat out,

1)
i do not like irc,
2)
i do not want to chat/talk in vent
3)
i do not want to give my personal email to people.
4)
i do not want to install icq or other messaging programs.
5)
not a big fan of the forums.
What do points 1 through 5 have to do with in game guild chat system?
Why have people completely forgotten that they can talk to other players in game by typing letters and they show about their avatars heads?

Populus

Post by Populus »

Izual wrote:
hectorc2w wrote:i say REMOVE ALL AUTOMATED EVENTS! its all bad for the server and happen waaaaaaaay too often. have a seer/gm make an event every now and then for silver, not every goddamn night at set hours
No kidding, the only time people come out to pvp is when there is an Event and they dont have to 'use/lose supplies' the shit is lame.
Today's damn youth!
ImageImageImage
[cA]

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

BlackFoot wrote:It is also a bad argument that 'because of this is a certain way therefore its ok for this to be a certain way'.
The discussion on why something should remain should be focused on that subject.
This thread will turn into a 'if you do this than you have to do this' thread which wont end up being productive.

'Because I dont feel this is accurate than it is ok for this to be inaccurate' etc and we go all the way down the line until we have a custom built sphere shard :P

an example is 'because we cant remove barrels using pitchers of water, we should be able to have new crafting menus'

in an exaggerated form its clear to see why these types of arguments don't hold water.
iamantitype wrote:If we can make an exception on era-accuracy for events, why can't we make an exception for guild chat?
Hicha wrote:If we can have automated tourneys and exclude phase II housing, why not exclude Guild/Party chat as well? Does removing these Guild/Party chat also include removing the in-game Chat system as well?
Psilo wrote:If you remove guild chat, you MUST remove all automated events.
:/

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

BlackFoot wrote:
Pirul wrote:
BlackFoot wrote:I just read all the posts after my post and it really feels like people didn't read any single thing i said :<
uhhh...I think Psilo even quoted you, and refuted your point with screenshots and everything.
all he ended up saying was that it depended on the user and now it will be slightly more inconvenient to communicate with your guild in game... screenshots of people talking using guildc hat hardly prove it is a necessity
Blackfoot, throughout my posts I expressed many reasons why this will effect the shard negatively.

My points aren't negated just because I said "inconvenience".

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

But that is your main argument, that without guild chat, people will be 'forced' to find other methods of communication. I still have a hard time understanding how a global system message to all of your guild mates is more 't2a', or more 'community oriented', than actually meeting with your guild mates in game.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Hemperor wrote:I didn't read the replies. It eliminates the use of "bots". Any one using bots after this are clearly using a different 3rd party programs which is bannable. The risk of players using programs now allowed always exists, I don't think it is a necessary factor in this decision. Removing party and guild chat will do much more good than bad.
There is seriously like 4 people who use bots, and they're either static archer bots or gate/ban bots. Exactly how does limiting a few people from botting do much more 'good' than inconveniencing the entire shard?

You can still send chat commands via UOAutomap, are you going to petition we ban that too? I mean damn, bots are usually setup on a loop macro anyway, and a gate bot can be as simple as Alt-tabbing to a second client window, pressing a razor hot key in a custom profile, and tabbing back in under a second.

I know its difficult for Canadians to think outside the box, but please do try a bit.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Hicha wrote:
Hemperor wrote:I didn't read the replies. It eliminates the use of "bots". Any one using bots after this are clearly using a different 3rd party programs which is bannable. The risk of players using programs now allowed always exists, I don't think it is a necessary factor in this decision. Removing party and guild chat will do much more good than bad.
There is seriously like 4 people who use bots, and they're either static archer bots or gate/ban bots. Exactly how does limiting a few people from botting do much more 'good' than inconveniencing the entire shard?

You can still send chat commands via UOAutomap, are you going to petition we ban that too? I mean damn, bots are usually setup on a loop macro anyway, and a gate bot can be as simple as Alt-tabbing to a second client window, pressing a razor hot key in a custom profile, and tabbing back in under a second.

I know its difficult for Canadians to think outside the box, but please do try a bit.
There's no need to think outside of the box.

It's small and labeled "era accuracy". Case closed. I was pointing out one of the side benefits of it.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

personally i dont think this is a good idea. if both party and guild chat are removed, players will more or less be forced to turn to 3rd party programs to communicate. the players who dont will be severely disadvantaged.

Pro

Post by Pro »

WHAT ABOUT IN GAME CHAT????????????

Armalite
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Armalite »

ditching guild chat is a bad idea.... just my two cents

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

ahh..

and now the entire server feels the effect of era accuracy when something they like has been taken away..

long live communication crystals! :wink:
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Manowar

Post by Manowar »

Removing guild chat will be bad for this shard, plain and simple. Let the population grow a bit and then revisit it... but now is not the time.
Rendar wrote: Live by the sword, die by the hidden archer turret.
chumbucket and Associates [cA]

[lml] EPIC Heavy Metal Bards [lml]

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Manowar wrote:Removing guild chat will be bad for this shard, plain and simple. Let the population grow a bit and then revisit it... but now is not the time.
This is a good point, I don't think we should be so quick to banish this especially right now. Our shard seems to have been growing the past few weeks maybe because of the patch, maybe because of my and others advertising around the web:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/3792 ... -free.html

Derrick, I sincerely believe we need to focus on other things that effect large amounts of our players like PVP mechanics. We need to focus on making sure insta-hit works next patch.

Removing guild chat can wait, or not happen at all. Please!