Platemail use and old tank mage style

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Sinatra SUN-FoW

Platemail use and old tank mage style

Post by Sinatra SUN-FoW »

Does anyone miss being able to actually use plate armor like I do? It almost seems as if there is no point in plate I really never see anyone wearing it or using it... Anyone else feel that way?
Exaggerated Personalities for Exaggerated Times

Creager

Re: Platemail use and old tank mage style

Post by Creager »

Sinatra SUN-FoW wrote:Does anyone miss being able to actually use plate armor like I do? It almost seems as if there is no point in plate I really never see anyone wearing it or using it... Anyone else feel that way?
lol pre-t2a. back in the day i knew a few guys, even way into uo:r, who still had stockpiles of npc colored plate ready for the day EA removed meditation.
Jono | Carnous | Micro

Sinatra SUN-FoW

Yea, I remember those wonderful days.... but honestly they made plate not even useful to warriors because of the dex penalties yet making other armor have the same AR and without the dex penalties.... which seems dumb to me considering what I have just stated when you think about it - EA have a personal dislike for plate? Seems like wasted sprites to me now... Maybe the hate is because it was Garriot's favorite gear haha

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

so you want to wear 300lbs of plate and still have the same dex as a 50lb set of chainmail, IRL? lol.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Platemail does have its uses. The dex penalty isn't nearly as severe as people think it is - I think it's around 17 for a full suit. For killing monsters, the high AR is well worth the dex penalty.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Not to mention that High-AR increases your chance of living through a "chum-box".

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Pro tip : This game isnt about PVP only, and in real T2A timeframe there were more dexers then tank mages.

Plate on a tanked dexer with pots and healers can tank the ancient wyrm.

Whyle thats laughable with the way we all play the game, it was a use for plate armor.
[broken image]

Sinatra SUN-FoW

No not saying that about the AR. I was saying it seems like plate is not used what so ever on this server and in this general time frame. I was also stating that some armor like chain can reach the AR of plate but yet has no penalties. I know it won't change and I didn't come to really argue about anything just wanted to know everyone's thoughts.

Sinatra SUN-FoW

Dagon wrote:so you want to wear 300lbs of plate and still have the same dex as a 50lb set of chainmail, IRL? lol.

Also do you shoot energy bolts in real life? Wow...

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

tekai wrote:Pro tip : This game isnt about PVP only, and in real T2A timeframe there were more dexers then tank mages.

Plate on a tanked dexer with pots and healers can tank the ancient wyrm.

Whyle thats laughable with the way we all play the game, it was a use for plate armor.
I'm sure you could do this with just one healer.

I had a suit of invulnerable plate and and a nice heater and was able to go toe-to-toe with a Balron a few times. No running, just man-to-demon combat :-) It's a fun thing to accomplish. I was shrugging off most of the hits and just taking damage from the spells mostly.

Tried the AW solo a couple times, but the firebreath just wrecks you. The claws and the poison and the magic are defendable, but 50+ point firebreath just wrecks you. I'm going to try it a couple more times though. I was afraid to die, so I ran at 20 hp or so, each time. Who knows, maybe I could have recovered.

TheEttinKing

Post by TheEttinKing »

Sinatra SUN-FoW wrote:Does anyone miss being able to actually use plate armor like I do? It almost seems as if there is no point in plate I really never see anyone wearing it or using it... Anyone else feel that way?
I wear full invu plate on my dexxor except for the helm i wear a protection hat. Why Cause it turns a Hally whack form a mage into a dagger whack i wear agility clothing to negate most of the dex loss plus the whole time im fighting im on agility pots anyways so im almost always above 100 its worth it to take away a mages hally damage it also helps against other dexxors u run into wtf do you guys mean useless i dont understand cause plate armor is awesome still.

Jed Clampett on drugs story By the EttinKing.

Let me tell ya story bout a man named Jed poor man barley kept his family feed then one day he was smoking on a joint and zedd hit him with his truck...Twice.

TheEttinKing

Post by TheEttinKing »

Ps. tank mages blow

Jed Clampett on drugs story By the EttinKing.

Let me tell ya story bout a man named Jed poor man barley kept his family feed then one day he was smoking on a joint and zedd hit him with his truck...Twice.

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

back when tank mages were actually TANK MAGES

Sinatra SUN-FoW

TheEttinKing wrote:
I wear full invu plate on my dexxor except for the helm i wear a protection hat. Why Cause it turns a Hally whack form a mage into a dagger whack i wear agility clothing to negate most of the dex loss plus the whole time im fighting im on agility pots anyways so im almost always above 100 its worth it to take away a mages hally damage it also helps against other dexxors u run into wtf do you guys mean useless i dont understand cause plate armor is awesome still.

Yea, this is kind of what I wanted to hear but I see you still have to use pot's to function with plate? If you play this shard my comment was I don't see plate in use or really for sale. But I am new and wanted to see if this was the case.

Sinatra SUN-FoW

ClowN wrote:back when tank mages were actually TANK MAGES

Most do not remember these times.