Patch 109 - June 22, 2009:Fix for EA Client Version 6.0.14.2

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 109 - June 22, 2009:Fix for EA Client Version 6.0.14.2

Post by Derrick »

Pretty small patch in terms of line-items:
  • The latest EA UO Client Patch, 6.0.14.2 is now able to connect to UOSA.
  • Phoenix now radiates fire damage.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 109 - June 22, 2009:Fix for EA Client Version 6.0.14.2

Post by Ronk »

This may not be the correct place but you once mentioned an 'annoy window' for people not using a certain client. Is it then possible to limit what client people can use? And if so, is there a particular reason we aren't limited to a true T2A client (i.e. no sticky health bars, etc)? Again, just curious ^_^
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Because if everyone had to download or go find a t2a client then they wouldn't bother. I was stuck using a aos disc. It's annoying but it's not important.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Packet changes over the years, like the one this patch rectifies have slowly increased the minimum client requirement. Razor and RunUO for example will not currently support clients below 4.x. Many shards due to the packet changes in the latest clients have had to force all their players up to the latest client.

We would like to eventually (the ability to do this has not yet been confirmed) support the old era clients.

But supporting the modern clients is important to us, as it allows players to get into UOSA with a minimal of technical hurdles.

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

What Derrick said is absolutely true, too many protocol changes.

Also forcing everyone to download an old client would require Derrick to provide a totally modified client because the old clients cannot co-exist with modern clients and that would be problematic for players still playing on OSI or other shards.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Return to “Patch Notes”