- Easter gifts.
- Camp Keys now drop on the camp guards, instead of in the chest.
- Books can be read from library shelves
- Some player written books can now be found on library shelves.
- If you have a player written book that you'd like to submit, please contact staff
- Ghosts will no longer block living creatures
- I must consider my sins will no longer reveal your short and long term counts.
We also fixed the shard lag problem a few days ago. For the geeks, this was a problem with .Net garbage collection which was scanning all allocated shard memory on a fixed interval. The GC was running in a default configuration which is fine for single thread application with lower allocated memory, but in this configuration it blocks the main thread during the scan which was causing global freezes for a few milliseconds or so every two minutes. Simple fix in the end but took a while to discover the cause.
In the end four major problems were contributing to the lag issue, all of which seem to be fully resolved at this time.
- House placement blocking the core process during the validity check
Excessive Disk accesses for map information
System garbage collection
Shard Statistics generation