Patch 149 - Sept 24 2012: Shopkeeper accounting

Information on the latest Server Patches
Mikanele

Re: Patch 149 - Sept 24 2012: Shopkeeper accounting

Post by Mikanele »

I was looking at making a scribe as a part time job. Is this patch really screwing them over in terms of selling scrolls to npcs? I havent tested it yet.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Mikanele wrote:I was looking at making a scribe as a part time job. Is this patch really screwing them over in terms of selling scrolls to npcs? I havent tested it yet.
It hasnt screwed anything over. Selling scrolls to NPCs is profitable (and always will be). It just isnt as easy to do as it used to be.

Mikanele

Post by Mikanele »

Before this patch you could sell like 30 of each scroll then the price goes down. Then wait 30 minutes and you can sell again now with new patch if im selling fs scrolls but someone just sold some eb scrolls and possibly took all cash from npc purse or funds I wont be able to sell and have to wait an hour to try again.

This is all theory I don't have a scribe here so just curious what I will expect if I start one.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

I'm not reading this entire thread, but was this an era accurate patch or a "nerf telemon's script" patch? Because it's annoying as <insert f-word>. It would be easier to stomach if it were in keeping with the shard's goals, and dramatically less so if it were to merely fix something that's broken.

*coughcoughLOScough*

Had something in my throat.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Mikanele

Post by Mikanele »

I am guessing that's a big negative to inscription. Thanks.

Jason-

Post by Jason- »

Malaikat wrote:I'm not reading this entire thread, but was this an era accurate patch or a "nerf telemon's script" patch? Because it's annoying as <insert f-word>. It would be easier to stomach if it were in keeping with the shard's goals, and dramatically less so if it were to merely fix something that's broken.

*coughcoughLOScough*

I was wondering the same thing. It seems rather convenient that an era accurate discovery has been made to rival Telamon's profitable script.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Malaikat wrote:I'm not reading this entire thread, but was this an era accurate patch or a "nerf telemon's script" patch? Because it's annoying as <insert f-word>. It would be easier to stomach if it were in keeping with the shard's goals, and dramatically less so if it were to merely fix something that's broken.

*coughcoughLOScough*

While I can't comment on whether we moved shopkeeper accounting up on the list of issues to be addressed as a result of Telamon's script (entirely possible that it was), I can say that we've been aware of the need to address shopkeeper funds for quite some time. However, the fact that it was dealt with now is largely irrelevant to the fact that it does indeed keep with the shard's goal of mechanical accuracy, which couldn't be said of any change to LOS.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Kaivan wrote: While I can't comment on whether we moved shopkeeper accounting up on the list of issues to be addressed as a result of Telamon's script (entirely possible that it was), I can say that we've been aware of the need to address shopkeeper funds for quite some time. However, the fact that it was dealt with now is largely irrelevant to the fact that it does indeed keep with the shard's goal of mechanical accuracy, which couldn't be said of any change to LOS.
At the risk of sounding like the entitled white man that I am: has any proof been displayed that this is in fact accurate?

Also, I realize that it's been said the code isn't quite right at the moment, but I will add that half the genius of UO accounting was that it scaled in order to actually...fit the economy. For instance, there's absolutely no way that the shopkeepers in production had the same amount that we'll need here. However, it feels as though what we've got is horribly insufficient. I attempted to vendor sell items at 2 smiths, a tailor, and a jeweler yesterday, and I came away with shy of 3k total. They paid out an average of 750gps/vendor, and then shut their doors.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Post by 221396056 »

I get about 2k per vendor with my bowyer. And that's me not going all the way down with price. That's about 4k gp per 1k of boards. Forces you to move around a little, but no major problem for me.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Malaikat wrote:
Kaivan wrote: While I can't comment on whether we moved shopkeeper accounting up on the list of issues to be addressed as a result of Telamon's script (entirely possible that it was), I can say that we've been aware of the need to address shopkeeper funds for quite some time. However, the fact that it was dealt with now is largely irrelevant to the fact that it does indeed keep with the shard's goal of mechanical accuracy, which couldn't be said of any change to LOS.
At the risk of sounding like the entitled white man that I am: has any proof been displayed that this is in fact accurate?
The code was decompiled from the demo by Derrick, so you'll have to ask him about the specifics on how it works.

It should be noted that reports of limited funds for vendors exist all the way through until UOR on the newsgroups (just search for vendor "cannot afford" and you'll get some information about tailors and cartographers and their troubles with limited funds), which shows that limited vendor funds existed beyond our cutoff date. As for the exact funds at the disposal of a vendor, we only know the value presented in the demo and have no information beyond that point.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Sultan of Swing

Post by Sultan of Swing »

Sold 2290 pieces of magic jewellery tonight to npc's for 58k, I dont see any problem with this patch,

There are over 20 npc's available to sell to (provisioners and jewellers) I marked some runebooks if anyone wants one:

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=43522

I also havent found peak time a problem as there are people buying from the provisioners all the time so they have more funds I guess?

Sweet patch with the bells, I've been planning a bell tower for some time now, will try and have it erected before christmas!

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

Sultan of Swing wrote:Sold 2290 pieces of magic jewellery tonight to npc's for 58k, I dont see any problem with this patch,

There are over 20 npc's available to sell to (provisioners and jewellers) I marked some runebooks if anyone wants one:

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=43522

I also havent found peak time a problem as there are people buying from the provisioners all the time so they have more funds I guess?

Sweet patch with the bells, I've been planning a bell tower for some time now, will try and have it erected before christmas!

Probably a ninja mini patch to the patch then.

VoP Denizen

Post by VoP Denizen »

Pirul wrote:No one buys gems, people only want to sell them. Thus the jewelers will not have gold to buy gems.
I foresee a change in the horizon. ... people don't buy them.. they reload the communication stones! Come to Paws and you may soon find 'counterfeit' gems that work just as well as the real gems and they'll probably cost you less too!

You'd be surprised by now many cracked diamonds and discarded gems you find if you look down as you walk the streets of Brit every now and then.

- VoP Denizen

Blaine the Gypsy

Post by Blaine the Gypsy »

I think we have an idea cooking for a cure for the gem issue so stay tuned.
UOSA: Village of Paws - Gypsy Tribe of Spirituality - "Ignavus"
UO: LS guilds [Red] [Rx2] [OMEN] HC member/co-creator
Drach wGt Gypsy Village

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

All you rich people need to start bailing out the vendors...We are the 99 percent :lol:
Dump items on the npcs for them to sell to other npcs maybe that will increase their purses :lol:
Would gold given to npcs increase their allotment Derrick?

Maybe we need a revolution of new players to horde up on the established if so and spread the wealth around... :lol:

Ergo Robin Hood
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.