Patch 146- April 27 2012: Stables, Music, Containers, Reveal

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 146- April 27 2012: Stables, Music, Containers, Reveal

Post by Derrick »

Effective this morning:
  • Stabled pets are now held by each animal trainer individually, and each NPC has it's own limit on how many pets they can hold.
    • Pets stabled under the previous system will remain under that system until claimed.
  • Stabling messages corrected for era.
  • Animal trainers will accept gold from you backpack as well as from the bank for stabling fees.
  • Server save optimizations: seems to have reduced save times by 4-5 seconds (20-25%)
  • Region music changes by LeonZA
  • Reveal spell range is 2: Thanks ultra, Kaivan, s20dan
  • Paralyze effect: Thanks Halbu, bazookas
  • Locking down/securing and releasing items is displayed publicly to other players.
  • Items will no longer "bounce" back into containers which cannot hold their weight. Thanks Kaivan, BobMarley.
  • Fixed a glitch that allowed over filling a limited variety of containers with stackable items by dropping on the container, but not within it.
    • This was primarily isolated to ship's holds and Halloween bags.
  • A glitch in text messages was causing some numbers in the message to always display zero. This was evident in the guild message informing you that you could not change your guild type yet. Thanks to "tom" for reporting this in a page yesterday.
Prior fixes (since Feb):
  • Fixed bug that was causing stolen Gold to be doubled on the death of a thief NPC
  • New account names must be alphanumeric, and 16 characters max
  • Easter bunnies won't drop eggs on boats.
  • One-per-account holiday gifts will no longer be forfeited if the player's first character login logs out before the gift is given.
We did not yet make the adjustment to save frequency from per 30min to per 1hr. We anticipate making this change in a day or so once we are sure this patch is stable.

Effective 5/2/2011:
  • Correct weapons ghouls touch animation. Thanks the bazookas
  • Animal trainers were not completely Invulnerable, allowing some methods of killing them. All animal tamers will now be fully invulnerable, and immune from barding as well.
  • No housing can be placed in the Bog of Desolation: Thanks Stranger, Jill Stihl, Kaivan
  • Correction to Healing "must wait" message Thanks Shizza
  • Small tweak to creature AI so that NPC's and monsters don't completely ignore getting beat down while they are focused on something else that they can't reach. Thanks xevec
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

roguan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 146 -April 27 2012: Stables, Music, Containers, Re

Post by roguan »

Thanks Derrick, as always, for your unwavering dedication.
"The NPK"

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

Excellent work sir and we appreciate your efforts despite your busy schedule.

audidmutt

Post by audidmutt »

The patch is much appreciated on this end, Derrick. Thank you so much for the hard work so we can play!
In Game
Townsend - Grandmaster Craftsman, Future Proprietor

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

Awesome Derrick.

I'm curious, how did the stables work previously? As far as I could tell, each stablemaster had its own set of slots, e.g if there were open slots at trinsic, they were not necessarily open in another town.

Can you comment?

I'm assuming there is still a limit as to how many stable slots there are? Will the problem come back over time?

Battlerattle
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Battlerattle »

Gratitude

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

azheman wrote:Awesome Derrick.

I'm curious, how did the stables work previously? As far as I could tell, each stablemaster had its own set of slots, e.g if there were open slots at trinsic, they were not necessarily open in another town.

Can you comment?

I'm assuming there is still a limit as to how many stable slots there are? Will the problem come back over time?
I haven't tested it but I assume if you stable a pet in Skara you have to claim it in Skara, not any stable (globally as it was in the past).

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Thanks for the hard work :D
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

azheman wrote:I'm curious, how did the stables work previously? As far as I could tell, each stablemaster had its own set of slots, e.g if there were open slots at trinsic, they were not necessarily open in another town.
Previously the stables were per stable, or building. All the stable hands in the building shared the same inventory. Now each stable master has their own distinct capacity. This is how it worked on OSI, the "regional" stables was never correct to Era, and have been slated to be fixed for a long time.

The primary difficulty in getting this done was how to make the transition from the regional stables to individual stables without deleting pets (as OSI did in their transition to global stables). The system now in place should yield no immediate penalty to players which had creatures stabled under the old system, while still opening up a Lot of stable space this morning.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

Derrick wrote:
azheman wrote:I'm curious, how did the stables work previously? As far as I could tell, each stablemaster had its own set of slots, e.g if there were open slots at trinsic, they were not necessarily open in another town.
Previously the stables were per stable, or building. All the stable hands in the building shared the same inventory. Now each stable master has their own distinct capacity. This is how it worked on OSI, the "regional" stables was never correct to Era, and have been slated to be fixed for a long time.

The primary difficulty in getting this done was how to make the transition from the regional stables to individual stables without deleting pets (as OSI did in their transition to global stables). The system now in place should yield no immediate penalty to players which had creatures stabled under the old system, while still opening up a Lot of stable space this morning.
That is awesome, Derrick. You are a genius, gentleman, and a scholar. :)

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

One more question, If we had animals stabled at a stable, how were they re-distributed with the patch?

For instance, did they stay with one stablemaster? did they go to another?

Did all pets stabled prior to the patch stay with one stablemaster and the second one started from zero?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Any animals that are in the old system are stilll in it. This means that they can still be claimed from either stable master at that location.

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

So if I pull my pets, is there a chance I won't be able to restable them?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The details are complex and intentionally undisclosed, but it should be noted that there was a chance of that before this patch.

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zelek Uther »

Thanks very much Derrick!
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]