Patch 146- April 27 2012: Stables, Music, Containers, Reveal

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Re: Patch 146 -April 27 2012: Stables, Music, Containers, Re

Post by Derrick »

My pleasure. I'm really glad to get this patch out finally; and a whole page of patch topic without any objections.
Thanks for everyones support, and to all those who contributed to these changes.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

ultra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by ultra »

Derrick wrote:Reveal spell range is 2: Thanks ultra, Kaivan, s20dan
Glad I could help. =)

Does this mean I get a free item lol :lol:
Last edited by ultra on Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sistro Mondain

Post by Sistro Mondain »

Appreciate the patch. Appreciate the shard. Still couldn't find a stable slot. :(
The Glorious Lord Sistro Mondain
Draco Paladin, BiH

Wonko the Sane

Post by Wonko the Sane »

So.... is it era accurate? Or one of those things that's not era accurate for the greater good, like spawning rares?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Assuming you mean the stables part:

The stable system is now virtually identical (differing only in minor system dependant implementation) to the system that existed on OSI in 1999; with the exception of the part which is the transition to the new system which will abate itself in short time.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Wonko the Sane

Post by Wonko the Sane »

Awesome Derrick, nice work.

Battlerattle
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Battlerattle »

Server stable spots already full...only day 2 lol

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Some are, but many are still not. We have not added all the stable masters that we intend to, but will be doing it over time so that they are not all sucked up by a small group of players.

The best information we have on how many stable masters OSI had is here:
http://www.tamingarchive.com:8080/old/stables/

It's from UO:R, but it should still be good guidance.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Good move.

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

Reveal spell range is 2: Thanks ultra, Kaivan, s20dan

if we're talking 2 tile radius, i played UO from 97-00 and i do not remember this being the case.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Matty wrote:Reveal spell range is 2: Thanks ultra, Kaivan, s20dan
if we're talking 2 tile radius, i played UO from 97-00 and i do not remember this being the case.
That text you quoted is also a link. You can participate in the discussion of that there.

Sistro Mondain

Post by Sistro Mondain »

Forget what I said in my last post. Just got some stable slots!!!

ALL HAIL DERRICK!
The Glorious Lord Sistro Mondain
Draco Paladin, BiH

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

So my understanding of the stable patch was initially that there will be 2 parallel stabling systems (which is correct): (1) one holding the non-vermin animals (e.g. dragons, nightmares, etc.) that were stabled before the patch and (2) the new per-stablemaster system. However, I figured that the moment that you pull your old pets out of the former stable system, that you then had to get a spot in the new stable system because the spots in the old system ceased to exist the moment you pulled your old pet out of it. I was a little concerned that my brother (who has a tamer) would have difficulty in a situation where (for example) all the new system slots were full, and he claimed his pets to refresh them--unable to put them back b/c the old slots ceased to exist after he claimed his pets, and the new per-stablemaster slots being full at that particular stable.

I found out that this is not the case, and it's still not clear to me how exactly the transition from old stable system to new stable system is working.

I found out like this:
My brother claimed his old-system pets from a stablemaster that had full stables. I tried to say "stable" to that stablemaster (which normally would have open spots since my brother claimed some), and he said his stables were full (which is more-or-less what I expected--that claiming animals from the old system wouldn't free up space in the new system). However, when my brother said "stable", the spots were available for him to restable those pets that he pulled out of the old system. However, when he tried to hold those spots with other newly tamed animals from the stable so that we could go farm with his dragons, the stablemaster would say that it's full even though he got the prompt to stable the animals: it only let him use the "newly available" stable spots for the pets that were reclaimed from the old system.

Hence, my new (better... or not?) understanding behind the new stable mechanic is this:
It appears that we have a "grandfathered" stable system running in parallel with the new per-stablemaster mechanic. In some way, the grandfathered system retains all the space for former animals (even when they are claimed), but it appears that no new animals can be entered into this system. My brother and I didn't have time to explore it much, so it's not clear exactly what the details are with this parallel system. Some things I would explore if I personally had some animals stabled under the old system (perhaps others could provide answers to these questions).

Assuming you just pulled an animal out of the "grandfathered" system:
  • Can you only restable it back into the old system through that same stablemaster, or could you take it to another "full" stablemaster and still get it into the old system?
  • Do you lose the "grandfathered" spot if you pull an animal out from a stablemaster that is not full at that time? I suppose this would be a decent way of phasing out these grandfathered stable spots (although people could potentially ensure that their grandfathered spots remain open forever).
  • Does the opportunity to restable grandfathered pets disappear after a while, or could you always bring those pets back to that stablemaster to be stabled, regardless of the per-stablemaster system being full.
  • If I pulled out a grandfathered animal from stable A, and my brother pulled out a grandfathered animal in stable B (both stables being full under the new system), would my brother be able to restable his animals in A and I restable my animals in B (swapping grandfathered spots)?
Grandfathered stable spots (assuming they don't expire somehow) are obviously superior; possibly don't have to "hold" stable spots, since nobody can get to your grandfathered spots.

Anywho... just thought I'd share some observations (possibly incorrect) regarding the new patch.
Last edited by the bazookas on Mon May 14, 2012 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Yuri
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Yuri »

Hi there

last Friday i tamed a bunch of animals in Del stable, now this stable master is missing...
does that mean he was deleted and i lost my pets or will he be making a comeback?

Thanks
Image Image Image Image

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yuri wrote:last Friday i tamed a bunch of animals in Del stable, now this stable master is missing...
does that mean he was deleted and i lost my pets or will he be making a comeback?
Stablemaster Philip has been manning the Delucia stable since Oct 24th of last year, and it still there right now. There is an additional stablemaster in Delucia now, which may have caused this confusion.

Had he been deleted though the pets would have been lost. That is something that should not happen though.

I became aware today that the player establishment stablehands may have not been invulnerable, it appears they were killed since friday. They have respawned as invulnerable like the rest, and should be fine from here out.