Patch 138 - Oct 30 2010: A less pale reflection.

Information on the latest Server Patches
Sandro

Re: Patch 138 - Oct 30 2010: A less pale reflection.

Post by Sandro »

using invisibility on an npc yields; "that won't work on that"

specifically i was targeting a provisioner but i assume this would apply to all/most npcs
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Arkon »

Mikel123 wrote:I'm having some issues with Provocation, getting messages saying "Target cannot be seen." I'm in the wilderness, and my hunch is that I can no longer see "around" or "through" trees?
Ditto here.

Overall nice patch though. Thanks, Derrick.
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Some fixes went in this morning in addition to LOS corrections surrounding fences and other items (we were checking the wrong item flags) also prevent items from being used and lifted when out of range in terms of height. This has effected the ability to use keys placed above the first floor of a building on the steps of a house which has become a common yet inaccurate practice. If you are unable to access your house you will need to change the locks.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

AlexCCCP

Post by AlexCCCP »

Logged in today no more wall mining eh. I guess that`s part of the LOS rules, is that era accurate though? I thought I recall wall mining in T2A, but don`t quote me.
Salute in the name of Lost Soldiers of Darkness [LSD], Napa Valley and The Empire of Atlantic (1998)

"I don't believe in god, but I blame him for all my problems"

Ripplinger

Post by Ripplinger »

Mages are still able to cast and nuke you through the floors in towers today.

Edit: Regarding the keys locked down in front of houses... how do we get the key rings off the house if they no longer are accessible?

Just now I tried placing a 2nd keyring lower since I was near some houses and it seemed to give correct message that I can't use that (not being owner, wasn't trying to break in, just to see how high would be accessible or not), and it did place easily and let me lock it down. But it still won't let me use it, and when I unlock it and try to remove it, it says that it's too far away and won't let me grab it. Which is odd since I a minute ago I could easily reach it to lock it in place. So back to how to get the old key rings off the houses?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Ripplinger wrote:Mages are still able to cast and nuke you through the floors in towers today.

So back to how to get the old key rings off the houses?
If you unlock them then stack stuff up underneath them, when you remove the stuff they will fall down.

As far as casting up through floors, this should be more fully tested on OSI, but the line of sight is valid, I'm not sure if there's something in the OSI AI that prevents casting up to higher levels.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Ripplinger

Post by Ripplinger »

Derrick wrote:
Ripplinger wrote:Mages are still able to cast and nuke you through the floors in towers today.

If you unlock them then stack stuff up underneath them, when you remove the stuff they will fall down.

As far as casting up through floors, this should be more fully tested on OSI, but the line of sight is valid, I'm not sure if there's something in the OSI AI that prevents casting up to higher levels.
I finally got the key rings off doing that, thanks.

Before yesterday's patch, there never was any issue with the mages casting up or down through the floors. You would have agro and they would be pacing after you wherever you moved above or below them, but they never cast any spells that could actually hit you. This is entirely new since the patch.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Derrick wrote:

If it's any help, post UO:R I used to goto fire temple and agro the whole spawn, drag it underneath the temple and move my PC to the top. Then I'd EQ the entire spawn to death. They were not able to cast from the ground floor to the roof. This was effective because the lack of LOS somehow made them "forget" to heal.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

I have noticed that i can no longer use Forensic Evaluation on players standing on the edge of the bank roof! is this an Expected Change?

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

nightshark wrote:If it's any help, post UO:R I used to goto fire temple and agro the whole spawn, drag it underneath the temple and move my PC to the top. Then I'd EQ the entire spawn to death. They were not able to cast from the ground floor to the roof. This was effective because the lack of LOS somehow made them "forget" to heal.
Very helpful. Under the new LOS, there is no line of sight from underneath the firetemple up to the top as there is other places; this is a surprising verification that the code does seem to be working properly. Creatures cannot cast through the Fire Temple roof as they can elsewhere.

I understand the LOS seems weird, this LOS is exactly what OSI/EA UO has to this day.There have been some fixes to some systems which I will detail in a post soon, but what can and can't be seen is believed to be dead on. I ask that anyone who has access to a EA UO account please perform their own verification of this.

Ripplinger

Post by Ripplinger »

Taming nightmares the last few days, I've noticed other major LOS changes. If you're standing behind one of the higher dirt/grassy areas that you have to teleport to get up to, and the nightmare is standing on the opposite side, the nightmare can cast through the dirt to nuke. I'm not talking about the mare on ground and you on the hill, I mean actually the hill between you and the mare.

That (and I still say the same about mages casting through floors and nuking you) was never era accurate at any time in UO.

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Arkon »

Ripplinger wrote:Taming nightmares the last few days, I've noticed other major LOS changes. If you're standing behind one of the higher dirt/grassy areas that you have to teleport to get up to, and the nightmare is standing on the opposite side, the nightmare can cast through the dirt to nuke. I'm not talking about the mare on ground and you on the hill, I mean actually the hill between you and the mare.

That (and I still say the same about mages casting through floors and nuking you) was never era accurate at any time in UO.
Was it like this today by chance? Because I haven't had any LOS issues like you mentioned today, only yesterday.
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

Ripplinger

Post by Ripplinger »

Yes, just this afternoon at Oasis. The mare was in the normal path, not on any of the higher areas, and I was next to the water in the center, dropped down behind the raised area, trying to heal, and was surprised that it was nuking me nonstop through the raised area between us.

kevin

Post by kevin »

great patches

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

If you put a table at the bottom of castle stairs (on the first tile of flooring at the bottom) and are standing on the first tile of stairs, you cannot manipulate that table. Which is odd for a few reasons - namely it's right next to you, the stairs are not that high, and the table itself is something like 6 "units" tall. So even up on the stairs it should be pretty level with you.