Patch 135 - UO Tutorial Server, Swing Advance/Movement, more

Information on the latest Server Patches
Psilo

Re: Patch 135 - UO Tutorial Server, Swing Advance/Movement,

Post by Psilo »

I see, I suppose it looks more faded on this monitor's brightness setting.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Psilo wrote:I see, I suppose it looks more faded on this monitor's brightness setting.
i'm still working on getting all the NPC hues right, and Kaivan did discover the mystery behind the sandal hues on some of the NPC's. There are a more corrections coming in regards to clothing, but I'm pretty sure at this stage the Evil Mages are at least correct.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

xevec
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 135 -

Post by xevec »

Pirul wrote:This is HUGE!!!

Haven't been on the tutorial yet, but I bet it'll be the detonator for UOSA to get over the 1k players online in the near future.
Why is that?

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

Ok, there's a minimal chance, that something screw up something? I can't connect since this morning.
Slowly Lord British, ruler of Britannia, rises from his throne. Brushing the dust off of his crown, a concerned realization crosses his face. The rumors are true!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It's probably way past the point when this stuff should have been assigned a new patch number, but there have been more small fixes and changes over the weekend, here they are:
  • White Wyrms will fly again, was broken when the follow command was improved last week. (Thanks Blaze)
  • Fixes issue with fishing in which fishing failure caused MiB deletion. [Thanks drunk elf & Zean]
  • Co-Owners will be able to secure items in a house, but not unsecure them.[Thanks Lucien]
  • Alchemist, Jeweler and Weaver dress and equipment corrected, the rest of the NPC's will follow soon. [Thanks roguan, Kaivan and Batlin]
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

yossarian
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by yossarian »

Fixes issue with fishing in which fishing failure caused MiB deletion.
I was wondering about that. Thx!

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Derrick wrote:
Psilo wrote:I see, I suppose it looks more faded on this monitor's brightness setting.
i'm still working on getting all the NPC hues right, and Kaivan did discover the mystery behind the sandal hues on some of the NPC's. There are a more corrections coming in regards to clothing, but I'm pretty sure at this stage the Evil Mages are at least correct.
I have found a color that I think looks more like the color I'm imagining.

It's a more coal-shaded evil-mage color.

Here's a screenshot of it compared to the color that currently drops. I found this coal-like shade on an NPC.

Coal-necro color is to the left. The one that drops at evil mages is to the left. Also the color looks more darker and rich in-game since the screenshot lost some resolution.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The hues we are currently using on the NPC/creatures that have been corrected so far are directly from the OSI definitions for those creatures, albiet from 1998 or prior, but I don't think we have any reason to belive they would have changed. We are certain that the NPC clothing remained as configured into UO:R, and there was a specific mention in OSI patch notes when Evil Mage attire was modified.