Patch 131 - June 25, 2010: Pets, AI, Housing, Fatigue, Guard

Information on the latest Server Patches
Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 131 - June 25, 2010: Pets, AI, Housing, Fatigue, G

Post by Kaivan »

A couple of things that need to be added in:
  • The "Your mount is very fatigued." message should appear as a system message.
  • The 1 second use delay should apply to mounting and dismounting (confirmed in the demo).
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Kaivan wrote:The 1 second use delay should apply to mounting and dismounting (confirmed in the demo)
I like that, it leaves a little window of opportunity. nice find.

Faust

Post by Faust »

The action delay is something that has been mentioned with the swing timer fix since their is a lot of correlations there with it. However, the action delay actually impacts MANY problems right now with the server. For example, mining right now is fast as hell compared to if this action delay fix was put in place. There are just so many different aspects of the game this inaccuracy effects here and the mount/remount issue is just one of the many.

Misti Autumns

Post by Misti Autumns »

I haven't posted in these forums in over a year and a half, but today I felt that I needed to let my opinion be heard, despite all the flame responses i'm sure it will receive.

UOSA is the only shard worthwhile for playing if you want an honest staff and a shard with an actually economy that works. HOWEVER, since the last patch I can barely even play this game. I have two main issues, that everybody I know in-game shares and is unhappy with.

Number 1: Mount fatigue.... I'm not sure who convinced the staff that it was like this, but I've been playing Ultima Online since it first came out, and I remember back in t2a being able to run from city to city and never have my stamina drained out. That was not a change that came about till more around AOS... I can run hardly two screens before I'm out of stamina which really just puts a hastle on enjoying the game. And even if this issue was era accurate, why re-impliment something that clearly makes the game more un-enjoyable? Isn't that why we all play uo? to stay away from games like WOW and do something that is enjoyable? But if I have to unmount and say All Follow Me again to refresh my horses stamina, I think i might freak out lol.

Number 2: Monster Targeting.... This has got to be the most ridiculous implementation I have ever seen put into effect on ANY of the shards I have played UO on. For example, I gate a dexer into a two story building full of mages with about 20 different rooms inside. Somehow (magically I'm sure) EVERY mage, inside outside, upstairs, downstairs and even water elementals outside the building attack me... Now I'm not sure about the rest of you, but even if this is in fact era accurate its a horrible thing to implement as even a 2 year old would tell you that it makes no sense.... I mean for god sakes, when do I get the ability to target and attack someone who is in a room that I cannot even see? It doesn't even make sense that a monster, NPC or whatever could see you to begin to even attack if your not in the same room.

Anyways, just wanted to put my two sense out there, and hope that others do as well, because I don't see myself playing to much longer with changes like these put into effect.

Now, I will be polite and for each issue I have stated I will give my opinion on how it should be fixed.

First is the mount fatigue. I would like to start off by saying that we all know, as well as Derick, that there are certain things we allow to be "non era accurate" for one reason or another. So if everyone is convinced that mount fatigue used to be this way (when I'm quite sure it was not) then at least look into changing the refresh rate on a mount.

As for the targeting issue, my only opinion on how to fix it would be to put it back to how it was. It made sense, it worked, and I cant see how anybody would complain that a monster Couldn't attack you from the other room? So why change whats not broken....

Thanks, Flame Away!

Misti

Also - Had no time to reread what I wrote, hope it makes sense and you all can follow what I'm trying to say.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'm very surprised that there are any other shards in which monsters don't acquire you though walls. I belived this to be an error unique to Second Age.

I have discovered that there seem to be some horses out there with a very very low stamina, possibly related to the accidental stat nerfing on taming which has been corrected. If your mount will not run two screens without tiring from full stamina then I suspect you have a gimp horse. Try buying a new one.

Experimentation has shown that a fresh horse can run from Vesper to Minoc bank without tiring.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

dustylane

Post by dustylane »

Im going to agree with the last guy. I have played UO since 1998 and I don't see this being era accurate in the least bit. Not only is this not enjoyable, but it's really kind of dumb when you think about the solution around it. You get off your horse every 2 screens or so...say 'all follow me' and then jump back on? This is just completely and totally ridiculous to say the least. I even went and got a frenzied ostard, as they are supposed to have the highest stam for mounts. What a huge disappointment that was...he can get maybe 2 screens more than the horse.

The monster targeting through walls is definitely a change that makes zero sense. The last guy was right...how can a monster target me in a completely different room? I am standing inside my tower right now as I type this and I have 8 monsters outside trying to attack me on the bottom floor and not giving up. HUH? It was bad enough when NPCs got the ability to call guards and witness crimes through multiple walls (which makes no sense) but really when I roll in somewhere and every single mob on the screen swarms me because they noticed me in the next building over or through the cave walls, I dont get it? To me it would make far more sense to simply have monsters aggro time quicker once you were noticed instead of seeing me through 10 walls.

How could we possibly think these "era-accurate" changes are any good? In conclusion they dont make sense and the ways to avoid them affecting you make less. leaving me to believe the change is just unneeded and gives the game more of these stupid unneeded 'tricks' rather than keeping the game play fun.

Misti Autumns

Post by Misti Autumns »

dustylane wrote:Im going to agree with the last guy. I have played UO since 1998 and I don't see this being era accurate in the least bit. Not only is this not enjoyable, but it's really kind of dumb when you think about the solution around it. You get off your horse every 2 screens or so...say 'all follow me' and then jump back on? This is just completely and totally ridiculous to say the least. I even went and got a frenzied ostard, as they are supposed to have the highest stam for mounts. What a huge disappointment that was...he can get maybe 2 screens more than the horse.

The monster targeting through walls is definitely a change that makes zero sense. The last guy was right...how can a monster target me in a completely different room? I am standing inside my tower right now as I type this and I have 8 monsters outside trying to attack me on the bottom floor and not giving up. HUH? It was bad enough when NPCs got the ability to call guards and witness crimes through multiple walls (which makes no sense) but really when I roll in somewhere and every single mob on the screen swarms me because they noticed me in the next building over or through the cave walls, I dont get it? To me it would make far more sense to simply have monsters aggro time quicker once you were noticed instead of seeing me through 10 walls.

How could we possibly think these "era-accurate" changes are any good? In conclusion they dont make sense and the ways to avoid them affecting you make less. leaving me to believe the change is just unneeded and gives the game more of these stupid unneeded 'tricks' rather than keeping the game play fun.

/agreed /signed

Faust

Post by Faust »

This sever doesn't build or further develop the designated t2a era, it replicates it.

Blame the OSI programmer team in '98-'99 for creating the code the way they did.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

dustylane wrote:The last guy was right...how can a monster target me in a completely different room? I am standing inside my tower right now as I type this and I have 8 monsters outside trying to attack me on the bottom floor and not giving up. HUH? It was bad enough when NPCs got the ability to call guards and witness crimes through multiple walls (which makes no sense) but really when I roll in somewhere and every single mob on the screen swarms me because they noticed me in the next building over or through the cave walls, I dont get it? To me it would make far more sense to simply have monsters aggro time quicker once you were noticed instead of seeing me through 10 walls.
I didn't make this up: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 64#p174864
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Misti Autumns

Post by Misti Autumns »

Derrick wrote:
dustylane wrote:The last guy was right...how can a monster target me in a completely different room? I am standing inside my tower right now as I type this and I have 8 monsters outside trying to attack me on the bottom floor and not giving up. HUH? It was bad enough when NPCs got the ability to call guards and witness crimes through multiple walls (which makes no sense) but really when I roll in somewhere and every single mob on the screen swarms me because they noticed me in the next building over or through the cave walls, I dont get it? To me it would make far more sense to simply have monsters aggro time quicker once you were noticed instead of seeing me through 10 walls.
I didn't make this up: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 64#p174864

You didn't have to make it up for it to make absolutely no sense. And you choose to let certain things be NON era accurate on this shard, I don't see why this cant be one of them. Horses should have stam, but not this bad. I even got ostards and they STILL run out 24/7 I cant even enjoy pvp or farming with this implemented, its just another hastle to deal with when all I or anybody else wants to do is enjoy their game play and not worry about petty things such as this.

dustylane

Post by dustylane »

You didn't have to make it up for it to make absolutely no sense. And you choose to let certain things be NON era accurate on this shard, I don't see why this cant be one of them. Horses should have stam, but not this bad. I even got ostards and they STILL run out 24/7 I cant even enjoy pvp or farming with this implemented, its just another hastle to deal with when all I or anybody else wants to do is enjoy their game play and not worry about petty things such as this.
So agreed. There are plenty of non-era accurate things here that just make the game play better. For sake of era this is one of those things that just does not need to exist. Its really not fun and just almost silly watching everyone jumping off horses and saying all follow me alllll over the place. Complete unneeded hassle to the game.

Animal Mother

Post by Animal Mother »

I have to agree with the above posters. I'm all for era accuracy, but the horse stamina change is ridiculous. This is one part of the era that can and should be left out.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

great patch! :))

I actually enjoy the changes, all of em. Hell Yeah for harder gameplay! 3 cheers for era accuracy!

Misti Autumns

Post by Misti Autumns »

Loathed wrote:great patch! :))

I actually enjoy the changes, all of em. Hell Yeah for harder gameplay! 3 cheers for era accuracy!

This patch might be worth two thoughts if razor could be banned, but thats not going to happen, so all it is gonna be is another macro to have to make, it looks redic on the pvp field, go have a look. Mise well just take out all mounts, now that would be sweet.