Patch 131 - June 25, 2010: Pets, AI, Housing, Fatigue, Guard

Information on the latest Server Patches
Faust

Re: Patch 131 - June 25, 2010: Pets, AI, Housing, Fatigue, G

Post by Faust »

Pirul wrote:All I hope for is that in an effort to be more accurate, that admin didn't overshoot the number (something like what happened with Ophids).
I certaintly hope this wasn't the case.. I have had a few people complain to me already about it. I'm not sure what it's like just yet since I haven't had a chance to get around to testing it. Hoping it's not as severe as some people are making it out to be though. Would hate to see it go from one extreme to the opposite.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I tested it a few minutes ago, and with a normal weight (of around 200 stones) a vendor bought horse will run you from Vesper bank to Minoc bank over the Windmere Woods road, and not a step further.

Not too far, but I still haven't tested it in a fight.

Also, I saw it asked somewhere else but couldn't seem to find a definitive answer, will store bought horses have less stamina than "wilderness" tamed horses? What about Ostards and Nightmares, will they have higher stamina?
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

This Mount fatigue is looking like a non factor after the running around that I have done.

I don't think it fully replinished the horses Stamina to just say All Follow Me one time. I think saying All Follow Me gave the horse back like 15 stamina or something like that. But it wasn't like you could just run for a long time(Which you still can after this patch, a disappointingly long time) and hope off horse rly fast and say all follow me once and run forever and ever again. It got less and less if you weren't able to say All Follow Me enough times to get the stam back up to Full.

I remember it working something like you said all follow me and the horse Reared its head and thats when u knew it got some Stam back. And youd have to get it to rear its head a few times to get to full stam. This was a more time consuming task and presented much more risk and strategy than this latest patch has.

The latest patch is a very, very slight improvement.

Pacifico

Post by Pacifico »

What happens to the keyrings already placed outside houses? grandfathered?

GomerPyle

Post by GomerPyle »

Pacifico wrote:What happens to the keyrings already placed outside houses? grandfathered?
since it's the usage of the keyrings and not their location which was patched, i dont see why they would act any different than a newly placed keyring.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Awesome, thanks so much. Glad to see party gone!

Derrick is the man.

Pacifico

Post by Pacifico »

GomerPyle wrote:
Pacifico wrote:What happens to the keyrings already placed outside houses? grandfathered?
since it's the usage of the keyrings and not their location which was patched, i dont see why they would act any different than a newly placed keyring.

You're right, I totally read the patch note and made up something in my head hehe

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I noticed that since the patch went into effect today my hireling doesn't respond to the stop command and continues attacking when aggroed (macroing melee skills to be more specific). I didn't see a change listed for that particular command, so my question is if that also was included in the changes, or could it possibly be a bug that no one saw?
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I should have commented on this earlier today. This is an intentional change that I didn't believe had been effective, it was the last thing I was working on about 1am this morn, and it got little testing. The pet/follower commands "may" no longer clear the combatant. It's is not accurate for combatant's to be forgotten via a follower command, I just didn't think I had completed the work on this, so i didn't mention it. It does appear to be the case from the reports I've heard that this now works properly though.

If it seems wierd that I did something that I didn't realize, don't be surprised, the AI is pretty complex.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

JDRM

Post by JDRM »

Not sure if this is a bug or era accurate. I noticed after the patch in the Balron room at Terathan Keep, the Balrons now aggro through the wall.

Faust

Post by Faust »

The NPC mechanism to continue attacking through walls is definitely accurate(see the update thread about this patch in shard news for screenshots).

Shouldn't the mobs acquire an initial attack through the walls too, what I seem to remember?

The horse fatigue looks fine to me after testing it, btw.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

did some testing yesterday. a vendor bought horse will get you from delucia north gate to the bridge south of the undead city and back (one round trip) before running out of stamina. forest/desert ostards will manage at least 2 - 2 and a half round trips, and nightmares/frenzied ostards will manage nearly 3 and a half round trips.

makes tamed mounts a lot more useful.

SuPaH

Post by SuPaH »

I don't mean to try and upset the idea of creating a precise T2A experience, but don't you think by slowing ophids and terathans you've made the game "easier"? Atleast prior to the patch there was also a chance of a knight or avenger running on you...now it's so simple a caveman (w/o a horse) can do it.
The Jennings Brothers

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

SuPaH wrote:I don't mean to try and upset the idea of creating a precise T2A experience, but don't you think by slowing ophids and terathans you've made the game "easier"? Atleast prior to the patch there was also a chance of a knight or avenger running on you...now it's so simple a caveman (w/o a horse) can do it.
That could easily be said, but it was just not the correct speed. Expanding on that we could increase the speed of all the creatures and improve their AI as well to make the game more challenging. While that may be desirable and a richer play experience for many, it's contrary to the goals of this shard.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

A few fixes for tomorrow:
  • No Line Of Sight required for aggressive creatures to attack (as was on test center initially, but was pulled for further verification)
  • Energy Vortex and Blade Spirits will acquire as they did in era, they will attack first anything within one space of themselves, and otherwise be much more prone to attacking players.
  • A bug with criminal reds in town being revealed when they did not commit a crime in town will be fixed