Patch 131 - June 25, 2010: Pets, AI, Housing, Fatigue, Guard

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 131 - June 25, 2010: Pets, AI, Housing, Fatigue, Guard

Post by Derrick »

This is a pretty big patch, most of which has been on test center for a few weeks, and discussed heavily in other places. Not all items in this patch came out of forums though, there are a few significant items which were stumbled upon when working on other things, such as the changes to how secures are counted against lockdowns in a house.
  • Pet "guard" has undergone a substantial accuracy overhaul: (thread)
    • Pets will only guard the following:
      • The owner
      • The corpse of the owner
      • Items in the house of the owner
      • Other pets of the owner
    • Guarding pets will not actively guard anything inside a justice zone, but they will not forget that they were guarding.
    • It is a criminal action to take or use an item being guarded by a pet.
    • Adds warning when approaching guarded items.
    • Items which were not previously functioning properly when guarded have been fixed. Especially items which were guarded from use.
    • Creatures which are guarding players or other pets no longer respond to aggressor history, but respond strictly to actions which take place while the pet/hire is actively guarding.
  • Pets will no longer always be able to cast spells, but will instead use the same logic as non-tame creatures for this.
  • White Wyrm no longer angers on tame.
  • Timing and message changes during taming. Tame duration is now fixed.
  • Fatigue regeneration for NPC's (monsters, creatures and animals) has been found to be incorrect and is adjusted. This substantially impacts the fatigue range of mounts. (thread)
  • Blade Spirits and Energy Vortex updates: (thread)
    • BS and EV's will not be attacked unprovoked by aggressive creatures
    • EV's and BS's will no longer have a long delay after being summoned before they acquire a target
    • EV's will curse if walked over; BS's will poison if walked over
  • NPC's no longer need Line of Sight to follow players or other creatures.
  • The ability for spell casting creatures to curse is no longer limited to pets, hires only.
  • Terathan's and Ophidian's speed is slower.
  • Housing Changes:
    • Secures count against total Lockdowns
    • Saying "I wish to unsecure this" will unsecure a chest in a house. but it will remain locked down.
    • "I wish to Secure this" will lock down the item if not already locked down, in addition to securing it
    • When releasing a secure with "I wish to release this" it will become neither locked down nor secure
    • Detect Hidden and Hiding will not gain in a house at all if you are a friend of the house.
  • Fix made to allow teleporting into open areas enclosed by houses which had been broken by an earlier patch which was intended to fix the explicit issue of teleporting under Keep walls, and should not have effected teleporting into castle courtyards. (thread)
  • House placement target has a 10 tile range. There was previously no range, causing some players to accidentally place houses far across the map by using last target (and then of course not being able to find their house).
  • Setting a guild-members guild title to "none" will remove the title
  • Parties disabled. (thread)
  • Key Rings require normal range and Line Of Sight to use, just like other items. (thread)
  • Updated alchemy message and hue with emote. (thread)
  • Inebriation is not conducive to meditation. (thread)
  • A player cannot be resurrected while standing on the same tile as other living creatures.
  • Adjustment to the way karma is effected by resurrecting, healing and curing of other humans.
    • Karma for resurrection is only given if the player is actually resurrected
  • The 5 minute restriction on giving a murder count is now checked each time a Murder Report menu is sent, reports can no longer be saved up and then sent all at once. (thread)
  • Fix to axes, allows chopping furniture with axe in pack or on ground, was preventing this unless the axe was equipped
Parties have been removed completely as they are absolutely not consistent with the T2A era. There was much consideration and discussion given to removing Guild Chat as well, but it has been decided that it will not be removed.

There are a few factors that played into our decision on guild chat, its convenience was not the deciding factor. We were able to modify guild chat so that it cannot be used to trigger the SysMsg condition in Razor. It is my view that guild chat is essentially a interface feature, and it does not now enable a player any ability which cannot be obtained through an allowed 3rd party application such as UO AutoMap. It also provides a partial substitute for the "UO Messenger" client feature which was available during our target time frame, but we are not able to provide due to it's removal from the UO Client itself.

While I found it worthwhile to offer some explanation in this thread as to why Guild Chat was not removed, I ask that any further discussion of this to be made outside of this Patch thread. The most recent active topic on this subject is located here.

Added 6/27/2010:
  • No Line Of Sight required for aggressive creatures to attack (as was on test center initially, but was pulled for further verification)
  • Energy Vortex and Blade Spirits will acquire as they did in era, they will attack first anything within one space of themselves, and otherwise be much more prone to attacking players.
  • A bug with criminal reds in town being revealed when they did not commit a crime in town is fixed
Last edited by Derrick on Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: 6/27/2010 updates
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Faust

Re: Patch 131 - June 25, 2010: Pets, AI, Housing, Fatigue, G

Post by Faust »

Patch looks great.

Guild chat shouldn't be an issue now that it can't be exploited.

Combat changes next, hopefully?

Also, did the 'all stop' clearing previous commands make it in this patch?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Faust wrote:Also, did the 'all stop' clearing previous commands make it in this patch?
I worked on this, but unsure if the changes made were effective in this. I'm afraid it will need to be more fully addressed in the future.

Combat changes will be looked at very soon.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Joueur Moyen

Post by Joueur Moyen »

Key Rings requiring normal range and LOS is working fine.

Mounts getting fatigued feels right, although I have no idea how faithful a representation to our era it really is. But it works!

Great job on the patch.

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

Thumbs up to every aspect of this. Great work.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Omnicron

Post by Omnicron »

Two silly things with fatigue. I'm not always seeing the "Your mount is very fatigued" message. Not really a big deal but it warns me of when I have to do the next silly thing. Dismount and say all follow me. It also still feels like mounts loose staminia to fast.

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mad Max »

Thank you for not removing the guild chat! Patch looks good.

Boudoir

Post by Boudoir »

Secures count against total Lockdowns
Now I have 87/86 locked downs items.

What is going on with that "bug" ?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Boudoir wrote:Now I have 87/86 locked downs items.
What is going on with that "bug" ?
Not a bug. Secures are a property of lock downs as per the patch above. Your existing secures have been locked down without regard to your max lockdowns.

drackon

Post by drackon »

The patch for fatigue came out today and just would like to say it dose the warriors no favor, cant even make it from the stables to the banker befor my mount cant move.
I see where it comes into play for the ones who do "hard core" PVP, but what about the rest who just want to explor, hunt monsters, and have no magic to use gate and recalls to travel form city too city? The rides were the only way to excape such PvPs as lowbes and practictly have condemned them to an even harder living now then it was befor with all the PvPs just just wanting to scrap 500g sence they know its easy. in a matter yes it dose make sence but when i can run further then a horse with out geting tired its just not right. well in anyways i think its way to low and unrealistic.

Faust

Post by Faust »

drackon wrote:The patch for fatigue came out today and just would like to say it dose the warriors no favor, cant even make it from the stables to the banker befor my mount cant move.
I see where it comes into play for the ones who do "hard core" PVP, but what about the rest who just want to explor, hunt monsters, and have no magic to use gate and recalls to travel form city too city?
Simple, hop off and say 'all follow me' and hop back on giving your mount a complete max stamina boost.. Problem solved...This server is about era accuracy not realism and in fact if Ultima Online was about realism there wouldn't be wizards running around shooting fireballs and energy bolts. The game and era is what it is wrapped up in a nutshell.

drackon

Post by drackon »

thanks for pointing out the obvious but still dont think the mounts should fatigue so fast atleast give it more or let the mounts lvl or something. I stick to the hole my character running longer then a horse isnt right :-P just my out look;)

aXe

Post by aXe »

wait..so you don't even have to feed your horse? you just get off and say all follow me then hop back on?
<hemperor> plus im sure ive handled more money than your mcdonalds ass ever has, my $1200 dollar speaks for itself! :)

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I agree with drakon, I'm all in favor of Era Accuracy, however, I do not recollect horses tyring after just a few screens. All I hope for is that in an effort to be more accurate, that admin didn't overshoot the number (something like what happened with Ophids).
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Daelan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daelan »

I was just hopping off and feeding the thing. Cool to know that all I have to do is hop off and yell at it to get it motivated to run some more for me. Humm maybe I will carry a wip and beat it when I yell at it too.

One weird thing I love fixed was.
House placement target has a 10 tile range. There was previously no range, causing some players to accidentally place houses far across the map by using last target (and then of course not being able to find their house).
Been there done that, placed a house for a new player it took me 3 hours to remember where the hell I last tried placing a house to find the thing. Turned out ok though, he liked that spot better than the other. But I will be happy that will not happen to me again.

Secures taking from the # of lockdowns I remember that being the case.

Thanks to all the guys (and Gals?) who did a ton of work to get things even closer to "The way it should be"

Not Everyday Will Someone Make You Happy.

BUT

Everyday Someone Will Piss You Off!