Patch 126a - Region fixes, Murder logging, bounties, misc.

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 126a - Region fixes, Murder logging, bounties, misc.

Post by Derrick »

These changes will be effective after restart.
  • Max murderer bounty is 10k, up from 5k
    Murderers cannot insta-log from houses: http://update.uo.com/design_25.html Fix to house placement exploit which was allowing houses to be placed inside guard zone in a rare circumstance.
    Cove docks are now unguarded
    Some minor fixes to NPC speech in which gender of the speaker was not being correctly parsed
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Luca|Blight

Re: Patch 126a - Region fixes, Murder logging, bounties, misc.

Post by Luca|Blight »

Derrick wrote:These changes will be effective after restart.
How do you know this is implied to any type of combat? As a red I was never NOT able to insta log during t2a. Seems more like it's implied to mean while in combat.

And if we really have to get the "bad" with the "good", then why not add in the young player status, the item bless deeds, no AFK macroing of any kind, etc.?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Luca|Blight wrote:How do you know this is implied to any type of combat? As a red I was never NOT able to insta log during t2a. Seems more like it's implied to mean while in combat.
Even blue players have combat insta-log restrictions in houses, so I find this hard to believe.

What would be your interpretation of this patch note?

I would encourage any lengthy discussion of this to take place in another thread.
It was most recently discussed here, but the issue has been raised before elsewhere, or start a new thread.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Faust

Post by Faust »

The original patch that made reds not be able to log didn't last long after it was patched in August. There is a more updated version in September that is well before our time frame.
Mini Update (Sept 1) Nov 16 1999 5:03PM CST - http://update.uo.com/design_26.html wrote:Murderers (reds) who are not flagged as criminals or aggressors will be able to instantly log out of the game while in their house or in an inn.
There is also one for criminals and aggressors(which we are already using I believe) in the same note.
Mini Update (Sept 1) Nov 16 1999 5:03PM CST - http://update.uo.com/design_26.html wrote:Characters that are flagged as criminals or aggressors will no longer be able to instantly log out of the game while in their house or in an inn
You can thank me later tonight for this one Templar. :wink:
Last edited by Derrick on Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: :/

Faust

Post by Faust »

Now you really did make me look like a fairy that would perform such acts, D. :shock:

Alulim

Post by Alulim »

Derrick wrote:
  • Max murderer bounty is 10k, up from 5k
Never even knew it was 5k George Carlin had 50k+ bounty when I started

Downs

Post by Downs »

it means the bounty that you can post at the time of murder, not the max bounty on the person
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Faust

Post by Faust »

Did this patch include the region fixes for guards being active in guard towers/specific t2a entrances Derrick?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Faust wrote:Did this patch include the region fixes for guards being active in guard towers/specific t2a entrances Derrick?
It doesn't. I wanted to get it in but didn't get to it; that's why I labeled the patch as 126a; b should be coming soon.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Okay, just checking thanks. :wink:

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I never could understand why anyone would post a bounty anyway. All they have to do is go die and cut their own bodies up. 50k for killing people.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

GuardianKnight wrote:I never could understand why anyone would post a bounty anyway. All they have to do is go die and cut their own bodies up. 50k for killing people.
What if you're in statloss? 50k to afk macro for a week or two? nothx
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

You have to be in stat-loss (5 or greater shorts) to be on the bounty-board.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Return to “Patch Notes”