Patch 125 - Tinker Traps, Armoires, NPC Pants, Armor Layers

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 125 - Tinker Traps, Armoires, NPC Pants, Armor Layers

Post by Derrick »

• Fixes bug in making a potion keg owner using a non-ID'd potion (Thanks Alex)
  • Can use locked down crystal balls. (thanks Alex)
  • Tourney event sign reflects that Tournaments are not usually free-use (Thanks Sandro)
  • Bagball: prevents players from quitting after the game is started. (Thanks Alex)
  • Fixes issue with armor layer assignment on item creation, which then reverted to correct layer after shard restart (Thanks uofuntime)
  • Some previously obscenely attired Merchants will now wear pants (Thanks Teg and Kdog77)
  • Fixes player crafted Armoire door animation on open and close. (Thanks Darkwing and Cobalt)
  • Survival game will Not leave sign ups open forever as long as people keep signing up.
  • Tinkered Explosion & Dart trap damage: Reduced by armor, and for exp by distance.
  • Cannot change the hue of tubs retroactively by holding the hue gump and then using it after the tub is out of range.
Added 2/11/2010:
  • Tournament Master NPC's will now exchange trophies for Silver coins
    • The behavior of this is very similar to the way the Real Estate Broker functions.
    • To trade your trophy for silver you need only to drop it on him, the silver value of the trophy will be added to your backpack.
    • To find the value of the trophy, say appraise and target the trophy, he will tell you what it's worth in silver.
    • Neither silver nor trophies are blessed, so be cautious of other players when redeeming.
    • Tournament Masters can be found in Jhelom at the guard shack near the inn, In Bucs Den at the Bath House, and in the Tournament arena
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 125 - Tinker Traps, Armoires, NPC Pants, Armor Layers

Post by BlackFoot »

no more 3 hour survivals! blasphemy!
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Kdog77

Post by Kdog77 »

I'm just glad there's finally some decency here! The NPC's thank you for pants Derrick. This was a most important issue to the success of UOSA, I am glad it finally got the attention it deserved. :mrgreen:

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Derrick wrote:
  • Fixes bug in making a potion keg owner using a non-ID'd potion (Thanks Alex)
  • Some previously obscenely attired Merchants will now wear pants (Thanks Teg and Kdog77)
He finally got to the 'bottom' of this scourge to UO dignity!

UOGrumpy

Post by UOGrumpy »

If they can show overweight men in their underwear on a commercial during the SuperBowl why can't an NPC do it? :)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

New addition this morning:
  • Tournament Master NPC's will now exchange trophies for Silver coins
    • The behavior of this is very similar to the way the Real Estate Broker functions.
    • To trade your trophy for silver you need only to drop it on him, the silver value of the trophy will be added to your backpack.
    • To find the value of the trophy, say appraise and target the trophy, he will tell you what it's worth in silver.
    • Neither silver nor trophies are blessed, so be cautious of other players when redeeming.
    • Tournament Masters can be found in Jhelom at the guard shack near the inn, In Bucs Den at the Bath House, and in the Tournament arena
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Alulim

Post by Alulim »

what are the chances of getting all those glitches in the water that stop our boats in their tracks removed? i wouldnt be opposed to boating around and finding most of their choords for you!

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Alulim wrote:what are the chances of getting all those glitches in the water that stop our boats in their tracks removed? i wouldnt be opposed to boating around and finding most of their choords for you!
I would make note of the coordinates and report it anyway. Or better yet, start a thread about it in Bugs section.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

hiicha wrote:
Alulim wrote:what are the chances of getting all those glitches in the water that stop our boats in their tracks removed? i wouldnt be opposed to boating around and finding most of their choords for you!
I would make note of the coordinates and report it anyway. Or better yet, start a thread about it in Bugs section.
Aye, a thread would be good.

We can fix these visually, but that doesn't currently enable a boat to pass over them :/

robz

Post by robz »

Silver vendor was a great idea

DiMe

Post by DiMe »

Now what can I get with this silver.

Downs

Post by Downs »

Silver = 1/2 trophy point.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Faust

Post by Faust »

The NPC will eventually allow a player to purchase items by using the silver instead of paging a GM.

I am not sure when Derrick will add this portion of the system into the server, but at least we got the first half implemented making us one step closer towards finalizing it.

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

The other day i signed up for survival waited for ages, then all of a sudden my character moved half a screen to where survival spits you out. Next thing another game of survival starts, so i sign up again and then i think there is another three games and i never get a game.....

What happened?
The First Player Of UO Second Age.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Alex21 wrote:The other day i signed up for survival waited for ages, then all of a sudden my character moved half a screen to where survival spits you out. Next thing another game of survival starts, so i sign up again and then i think there is another three games and i never get a game.....

What happened?
Likely what happened there was that the other three people that were in your round logged out. Did you win?

This is unrelated to this patch.