Patch 123 - Jan 28, 2010: O/C Guilds, Vendors, Houses, Misc

Information on the latest Server Patches
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 123 - Jan 28, 2010: O/C Guilds, Vendors, Houses, Misc

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Are these changes live on test? I would like to test out the above meditation issue. I'm suffering from the same thing with a character of 90 med, a decreased success rate at lower mana levels.

Creager

Post by Creager »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Are these changes live on test? I would like to test out the above meditation issue. I'm suffering from the same thing with a character of 90 med, a decreased success rate at lower mana levels.
Matron, I don’t believe they are. I logged on test to experiment with the problem. I couldn’t recreate the issue. Meditation was gaining passively as well, which leads me to believe these changes are not active on test yet.
Jono | Carnous | Micro

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The changes are not active on test, it's a few patches behind.

There has been no change whatsoever to meditation success rate.
Creager wrote:I’m having a very difficult time successfully meditating (on a char with ~62 meditation).

Is the chance to successfully meditate scaled based on mana percentage? Considering, I’m calling meditation when mana is <=10, I assume if the chance to successfully meditate was based on mana percentage I could change the condition and see more success… Could this be verified?
Yes it is based on percentage, if you are trying to med at <10% mana and you have 62 med you're going to fail a lot, but almost certainly gain when successful. You should target medding when you are 25-30ish% mana. (these are not preciecely optimal figures)
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I more specifically wanted to test the quantity of mana, in which meditation is optimum to gain. More specifically if it is effected by your intel, preventing you from GM'ing it with less than 90 (or so) mana.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i just removed 100k off my vendor in about 30 seconds and banked it
pop gate to bank
steve collect
hit use gate macro dump gold
repeat
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

MatronDeWinter wrote:I more specifically wanted to test the quantity of mana, in which meditation is optimum to gain. More specifically if it is effected by your intel, preventing you from GM'ing it with less than 90 (or so) mana.
Derrick fixed that a patch or two ago; i was able to GM meditation with only 50 int.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

hiicha wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:I more specifically wanted to test the quantity of mana, in which meditation is optimum to gain. More specifically if it is effected by your intel, preventing you from GM'ing it with less than 90 (or so) mana.
Derrick fixed that a patch or two ago; i was able to GM meditation with only 50 int.
I had to raise my intelligence to get gains...I went hours without gaining a couple weeks back. I went on irc and I believe it was either Faust or Kabal that told me to raise my intelligence. I unlocked intel lowered dex and when my stats began to gain so did my meditation. I wasn't able to GM it until my intelligence hit 100.

With gains no longer passive I am putting loops using meditation every 10 seconds. If I am casting 6th then 2 iterations 7th 4.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Vishakt

Post by Vishakt »

The only part I don't like is that my orc will get booted from the stone for murdering people. We'll find some way to adjust though.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

hiicha wrote:
Thanks alot