Patch 115 - Sept 11, 2009: Monster stats, EV & BS AI

Information on the latest Server Patches
poogoblin

Re: Patch 115 - Sept 11, 2009: Monster stats, EV & BS AI

Post by poogoblin »

Did you switch the BS not missing for lighter hp hits?

Edit: Update it takes 7 hits from a BS to kill a headless?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

malice-tg wrote:- one EV would drop a balron to 5-10% life if the balron had zero mental %.. so not sure if they had more hps or more damage.
There is indication that EV may have ignored armor, and we're not yet positive on this; If so then that would close the gap on the above statement
malice-tg wrote:- no mobs agro'ed on evs or blades they were like other mobs neutral, the ev had to "attack".
I agree
malice-tg wrote:- evs / blades would only attack a mob if you dropped it like perfectly right next to the mob in the 9 tile area around it. sometimes to make it attack you had to run back and forth.
- if you dropped your ev more than once space away it would sit there and then attack the closest player for some reason ( noto pks born as blades / evs attacked blue people in the dungeon )
I agree with both of these. I'm not clear on why yet, but this may be corrected soon.
malice-tg wrote:- evs and blades attacking the str + int thing was part of the new AI that came in with pathfinding, not part of the era.
Stats and skills are definitely part of era target acquisition for Blades and EV's, it was no surprise to me that this was in the Demo AI
malice-tg wrote:- - there was no LOS with agro from mobs or EV's. so that means they would lock on targets through walls and get stuck easily. this meant also ev noto pking was very easy because you could get flagged by someone behind a wall.
This is something that i wasn't aware of, but it is confirmed in demo code, and the LOS check will be removed.
malice-tg wrote:sorry i thought this patch was going to include this stuff.
This thing was fired off pretty fast, as EV's and Blades were essentially broken for two days. I wish I had more time to work on it and discuss it before publish, I'll try to get the indicated changes in as soon as possible.
Mirage wrote:What other monsters had their loots revamped?
There were no other loot reductions, some NPC's will wield a greater variety of weapons, and different clothing, and some creatures will drop more junk, like arrows or bread.
Eulogy wrote:Did this patch effect the summon daemons stats?
I sure hope so :)
Yes
tekai wrote:Morbid curiousity, Did you change the fame givin from Mage Lords?
You guys are sharp. Yes, I'd not even remembered making this change, but the evil mage lord stats were decreased to affect their stat level reductions, there were a little over infated previously. I belive the only other Fame/Karma levels touched were Brigands.
poogoblin wrote:Did you switch the BS not missing for lighter hp hits?
I took the stats as they were, and without numerical analysis. I ran some tests against standard creatures, and it "felt" right to me based on a straight face test against personal memory. My personal hunch was that that the DPS would increase, but it really depends on what they are hitting of course, previously weapon skill of the target effected hit chance, but it no longer does.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

The DPS feels like a drastic drop, also did it change from magical damage not hurting BS to magic hurting the BS? An Air Ellie beat my BS pre patch the BS would tear through these things (considering they didn't get dispellled)

Is my memory foggy, I used to think a decent dexxer wouldn't be able to stand toe to toe with a BS in era (not counting trapping or running away and healing).

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

We did fight blade spirits back in the day for parry, which should work really well now, and it's wasn't too bad by my memory with a healer. I haven't seen a dexer try and stand toe to toe with one though.

Edit: I just ran some tests, and cannot see how a dexer can stand up to a blade spirits
Last edited by Derrick on Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: testing
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Ok fair enough, I just seem to be having negative outcomes with BS vs mobs...time I started being able to cast EV anyway.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Derrick wrote:We did fight blade spirits back in the day for parry, which should work really well now, and it's wasn't too bad by my memory with a healer. I haven't seen a dexer try and stand toe to toe with one though.

Edit: I just ran some tests, and cannot see how a dexer can stand up to a blade spirits
So if by accident you trap yourself, or someone else with an EV or Blade Spirit it's pretty much over since your every spell is going to be interrupted by both poison and aggro creatures that never miss?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:
Derrick wrote:We did fight blade spirits back in the day for parry, which should work really well now, and it's wasn't too bad by my memory with a healer. I haven't seen a dexer try and stand toe to toe with one though.

So if by accident you trap yourself, or someone else with an EV or Blade Spirit it's pretty much over since your every spell is going to be interrupted by both poison and aggro creatures that never miss?
That is the way it was...

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

So what's the difference then with 8th circle summons? Are there any? Do they mimic naturally spawned creatures of the same type?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

It just took me five Blade Spirits to drop a drake. FIVE.

I feel like their HPs have dropped 10-fold. Were they really this fragile? They're practically useless; I don't see how anyone would have used them in 1999 if they were this pathetic.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

removed due to actual testing
Last edited by poogoblin on Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

uo stratics hunters guide wrote: Like with balrons, the most efficient way to kill a daemon is to to trap it, drain mana and then use an energy vortex or blade spirits. One energy vortex will take out a daemon, as will two to three blade spirits.
Ok after a few tests, the BSs die WAY too quick... 4-5 good hits from a daemon and its done...does the BS need some AR or something?

caveman

Post by caveman »

blade spirits weren't a very good option for pvm in t2a. they seem about right now. when playing a mage i would usually drop a couple ev's near my target then run back and forth til they locked on(if necessary).

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

I never actually played a mage in T2A...I was probably just spoiled from the way they were pre-patch. They do seem to kill faster I just have cast more of them.

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

My Lord title decayed in a day, and I had thought I was pretty good into it. It seems like the fame decays far to fast here.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Stranger wrote:My Lord title decayed in a day, and I had thought I was pretty good into it. It seems like the fame decays far to fast here.
I just noticed this as of a couple days ago. Do you, also, feel like there was a recent change here?