"What will you do for gold?" [Entry #3]

Moderators: Downs, chumbucket, Millerisfuntoplay

Will Sinker

"What will you do for gold?" [Entry #3]

Post by Will Sinker »

For too long the evil-doers of Sosaria have walked unharmed, mingling freely with the dungeon dwelling monsters of our otherwise fair land. Too long have the hard working men and women had their precious treasures stripped from their cold dead bodies as their ghostly figures stood in silent horror while these evil wretches carve their faithful steed up for dinner. The long reign of this empire of blood and death ends now. We will no longer flee at the site of murderers. We will no longer run in fear when an angry hue of red catches the corner of our eye. We are the Dungeon Guards, and we are here to stop this madness.

My name is Will Sinker, a new member of the rag-tag group of dungeon saviors that hunt under the name of DG. I am but a lowly animal trainer with little fighting prowess to speak of. However I too have had enough of the carnage present in today's dungeons and so I offer my only true thing of value as a sacrifice to justice: my life.

It was a rather light and cloud-free day when I decided to go out on my first suicidal patrol. I had called in my most trusted adviser to help set a "house warming" gift of an explosive sort.

You see, my friend had an uncanny knack for making a chest explode upon touch. We rigged up a guest house to make it look lived in while scattering explosive chests around. I then took off with a rune stone labeled "Home" and the key to the house. I equipped myself with limited supplies, but made it look as if I had recently been slaying the monsters of the area.

I retreated to the entrance of the dungeon Destard where I sat still, pretending to be unaware of my surroundings. Moments later "Stud Willy", a known murderer, happened upon me. I sat mounted on my horse, never flinching as his blade tore the soul from my body.

Stud Willy was nice enough to resurrect me after taking the limited belongings from my body. He even let my steed live and put up a gate to town for me. I suppose if a murderer could be considered nice then Willy would be a good example.

However, Willy was not without flaws. Greed burst from his soul as he saw the rune and key tossed in with my belongings. Immediately he cast a spell of recall to find himself at my doorstep. Upon entering I imagine he was filled with glee to find that my security system was apparently lacking.

He ran to the back room, hoping to find rare metals I suppose. However my chest had nothing but freedom to offer Willy. Cold, grey freedom.

I did take pity on this murderous wretch and showed him the same kindness he had shown me after my slaying. My associate quickly secured the treasures that were found in pouches on Willy's body then called for me to return him to the living world. I then conjured a gate to Willy's home after an exchange of pleasantries and a quick warning about the evils of greed and unwarranted violence.

So be warned, murderers, pirates, and thieves: the Dungeon Guards are here. We may not always be able to slay you in a fair fight, but that is not our purpose. We are here to become the nagging worry in your mind. The cold sense of dread you feel when you wonder if your next step may be into an unexpected trap. Yes, we will fight you in the open, but you will never be safe. We are the Dungeon Guards, and we are here to stop this madness.

If you would like to see this murderer come to justices in real time, please follow this link: http://www.uomovies.com/download.pl?id=3534.

(I have a few more of these "episodes" to post and was planning on putting them all together tonight, but ran out of time. Hopefully I can get a few more posts up in the next couple days. This is posted in two places, the cA forum as a contest entry and in the Tales of Adventure forum. Thanks for reading!)

Downs

Re: "What will you do for gold?" (Entry)

Post by Downs »

Lol nice. I got tt stoner playing as alatar with this method
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!