Hypothetically speaking..

Moderators: Downs, chumbucket, Millerisfuntoplay

Pacifico

Re: Hypothetically speaking..

Post by Pacifico »

Boudoir wrote:I have rather the same template as Matron, except for Snooping.

Since the patch in June that killed the stealth-thieft template, I moved to a "tank-thieft" activity. Snooping is now useless and I changed it to Detect Hidden, for griefing purpose.

Hide/Stealth is now for escaping, no longer for attacking a target.

I also find that 90 in magery is enough.

I feel like the snoop patch just slowed us down, I still use it all the time and would never get rid of it personally.

SVrider

Post by SVrider »

sure am glad i didn't start to drop hiding to gm wraslin last night. i was kind of confused after a 24hr duty day but i'm on top of my game now. working on raising that int so i can raise up magery/med effectively. quite excited i almost have a workable thief and i'm overly relieved that i started magery out @50, shame i wasted the other 50 on LPing.. but that's neither here nor there. i'll definitely start working on a thunter now that i have lockpicks weighing down my secure chest.

ps-> if you have enough cash to raise up magery, but only for 1 char- would you raise it on a bard first or should i just beast-mode my thief and get him complete?

pss-> i hate my bard
RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

SVrider wrote:sure am glad i didn't start to drop hiding to gm wraslin last night. i was kind of confused after a 24hr duty day but i'm on top of my game now. working on raising that int so i can raise up magery/med effectively. quite excited i almost have a workable thief and i'm overly relieved that i started magery out @50, shame i wasted the other 50 on LPing.. but that's neither here nor there. i'll definitely start working on a thunter now that i have lockpicks weighing down my secure chest.

ps-> if you have enough cash to raise up magery, but only for 1 char- would you raise it on a bard first or should i just beast-mode my thief and get him complete?

pss-> i hate my bard
Just make your thief if that's the character you are going to have fun playing. Sometimes I will kill things with EVs while stealthing around and waiting for pks or someone else to show up to rob. You can farm on any character with some mage/med and an ev scroll.

SVrider

Post by SVrider »

you veterans are witty. i will continue to suck the information teet dry (sorry for the breastfeeding methaphor, its all i can think of whilst my wife runs around the house with her massive Ds)

Populus

Post by Populus »

SVrider wrote:you veterans are witty. i will continue to suck the information teet dry (sorry for the breastfeeding methaphor, its all i can think of whilst my wife runs around the house with her massive Ds)
Pics or it didn't happen.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Downs

Post by Downs »

lol

ya just make your thief if you're looking for fun. there's money to be made as a thief if you get out of town and look for things. steal some silver weapons from farmers; some treasure maps; gate hop often. all it takes is 1 really good house loot and you're set to make whatever other character you want.

also when you get to 93 lockpicking or whatever it is on your T hunter, expect to make 1 mil gold raising it to GM. It took me about 2 weeks of casually recalling to the l4 chests.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

SVrider

Post by SVrider »

Populus wrote:Pics or it didn't happen.
:lol: very clever.

Commodore Axavious

Post by Commodore Axavious »

Boudoir wrote:I have rather the same template as Matron, except for Snooping.

Since the patch in June that killed the stealth-thieft template, I moved to a "tank-thieft" activity. Snooping is now useless and I changed it to Detect Hidden, for griefing purpose.

Hide/Stealth is now for escaping, no longer for attacking a target.

I also find that 90 in magery is enough.
Sorry, how do you steal without snooping? Just target them to steal an item at random every time? Or is there a trick I'm unaware of?

SVrider

Post by SVrider »

i was JUST wondering the same.. exact.. thing. crazy

Downs

Post by Downs »

cA secret haxxors....

Only trick i personally use is set last target on a weapon
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

SVrider

Post by SVrider »

secret haxxors... as a fat chick in coldstone would say, 'Gotta have it!'

Commodore Axavious

Post by Commodore Axavious »

I can't seem to get it to work... declare a weapon "last target" while its being used, wait for them to unequip, steal-last-target... if I've snooped, of course that works just fine. But if I haven't? Nada.

I want your devil magic!!

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

Populus wrote:
SVrider wrote:you veterans are witty. i will continue to suck the information teet dry (sorry for the breastfeeding methaphor, its all i can think of whilst my wife runs around the house with her massive Ds)
Pics or it didn't happen.
This. Srsly.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

I'm sorry. All leet hax are property of Pristiq Inc and you must have a permit to use them.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Commodore Axavious wrote:I can't seem to get it to work... declare a weapon "last target" while its being used, wait for them to unequip, steal-last-target... if I've snooped, of course that works just fine. But if I haven't? Nada.

I want your devil magic!!
could be a razor problem, razor "looks" for the last target whereas in game last target does not.

maybe untick "check target is within range"?
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE