too much pwn?

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Re: I pretty much quit uo

Post by son »

Disc on trammel = no loss.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I was actually talking about my cable provider dropping me 8-10 times a day, resulting in 2 statlossed deaths and several really frustrating barely-survive's.

But pacifico wins 1 internet for the reference.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

Switch your modem, see if the cons persist. Then call the company.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

It's a good thing I have a closet full of spare modems?

I put it off for a couple of days because it was so infrequent, but tonight I litereally lost connection right before I started doing anything of any importance.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

I am a whiney little nancy boy, and clyde is my life partner.

^ nice edit.

still can't handle the pwn eh?
Last edited by Sandro on Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

Are you certains it's your internet connection and not your network card or drivers ?
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I bring this computer to work sometimes, and use the ethernet drop there. This never happens on that connection. When it happens at home, the cable light on the modem goes out, it usually happens around 10 am and 10-11pm. I have changed out all of the cables (ethernet and coaxial), disabled my firewall, removed my router from the equation. My other computer does the same thing when I plug it into this connection. I know that the house-wiring is almost 0 ohms, it was checked with a TDR.

I have not changed out the cable modem, but I am going to call them about that tomarrow (thanks felix). It's really strange to me that it happens around the same exact time(s).

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

MatronDeWinter wrote:I bring this computer to work sometimes, and use the ethernet drop there. This never happens on that connection. When it happens at home, the cable light on the modem goes out, it usually happens around 10 am and 10-11pm. I have changed out all of the cables (ethernet and coaxial), disabled my firewall, removed my router from the equation. My other computer does the same thing when I plug it into this connection. I know that the house-wiring is almost 0 ohms, it was checked with a TDR.

I have not changed out the cable modem, but I am going to call them about that tomarrow (thanks felix). It's really strange to me that it happens around the same exact time(s).
Try a different modem u nub. Go to Frys/best buy and buy one. Return it later.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Actually, I do have a cable modem somewhere that I can swap out. Is it something I can just plug in, or do I need to call the ISP to get it working.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Actually, I do have a cable modem somewhere that I can swap out. Is it something I can just plug in, or do I need to call the ISP to get it working.
Depends which ISP. they may have mac address requirement. You can clone it, but try and see. If so they either have some interace online to do it or you call in.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Sandro wrote:I am a whiney little nancy boy, and clyde is my life partner.
Signature please.

Oswald

Post by Oswald »

Its your ISP being sketchy.

Your modem etc. is fine.

ehafh

Post by ehafh »

Oswald wrote:Its your ISP being sketchy.

Your modem etc. is fine.
not necessarily.

i wouldn't rule out the modem, they are cheaply mass produced electronics.
not meant to last for years and years. and nobody ever updates firmware on these things.

a friend of mine had an old comcast modem, and had tons of disconnections from xbox live's network.
i looked through his router opened up ports, eventually put him in the dmz, and tried without a router.
the problem was the modem. which from calling the isp and making a complaint / asking them to send
out a tech to look at it. they ended up replacing the modem and he no longer has connectivity issues.

if you're on wireless that's a whole different story.
wifi shares the same frequency ranges as cordless phones. pretty dumb.
so it's really common for a neighbors phone, or your own to break the connection.
“Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.”
- Will Rogers