[cA] Department of Home Security

Moderators: Downs, chumbucket, Millerisfuntoplay

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Home Security Notices

Post by Mikel123 »

People just do not learn.

Once again, I find myself a wee bit behind the cA guild, stumbling upon their mark after they themselves already have.

For the tower above... I found a rune to a keep on Ice Island. Inside was a red just standing still, so I killed him (I think he was on another character at the time). Just as I'm looting him, I'm banned. So I stealth in on another character, but by this time, a table is in place blocking my full access to the keep. There's a rune on the table that I recall off of, and it brings me to the tower you looted.

In any case, the point is:

a) stop finding house looting opportunities before me
b) recall off of the rune on the first floor of the tower you just robbed (cleverly named "KEEP") to go to their keep, which has had some pretty weak security. I'll race you to loot that one.

Downs

Post by Downs »

keep is secure from 2nd floor. its how i got to the tower. all i got from the keep was bandaids.

also,
3. you could join us.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

I found a mysterious gate at the Britain Graveyard. I entered. I'm in a tower. A red ghost appears next to ImaIrish, the tower owner. A third person enters and engages in LEET PVP. I bide my time. Loots were my reward.

Failed on this one, but amusing nonetheless.

I had almost forgotten about this little job. Thanks for not revealing after running a gate to WBB for the ol'gate-em-to-your-house-an-kill-em scam!

Notice the dye tub on this one.

I found an empty tower and this note at the top. Fraud!

This guy opened a gate to his keep. I came in but was revealed. I hid and dropped a box. In the time it took him to get another character on, I made out with a few choice magic weapons and all the loot on his body!

UOGrumpy

Post by UOGrumpy »

Uhh.. your home security was lax or something...
Attachments
Bald SoB_2-15_20.59.jpg

Boudoir

Re: [cA] Department of Home Security

Post by Boudoir »

Uhh.. your home security was lax or something...
Maybe the owner of this castle tryed to improve his home security after your inspection..

Well, 3 doors locked, a carpet of chests, a wall of stone and 4 L33t PVP3R (fighting themselves) is not a warranty of security. Please try again.

It was a good idea to ask for my expertise !

Populus

Post by Populus »

One day I found myself inside a beautiful house.
Inside was a naked man on a horse & something that quite looked like an ass, on another mis-shaped ass. Or was it ontop? Anyway.

I made myself comfortable next to a wall and awaited my chance to get inside.

Inside was loads macroing material! :shock:
"I could need this", I thought to myself :roll:

I made myself inside

Alas! I had no bag. I would have to steal the naked mans bag. (No pun intended) I stole his bag and started looting away!

This made the man very confused. Where was all his reagants going?!

ImageImageImage
[cA]

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

Hey, thats me! I've learned my lesson now. Detect hidden and do it often. All macro material is locked up and safe, no more leaving it laying around! It was a pretty good loot for you but could have been worse for me!
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

Oswald

Post by Oswald »

I find these hilarious but I'm afraid to laugh because karma might bite me in the ass by having my own stuff looted.

Oswald

Post by Oswald »

Karik Verlee wrote:Hey, thats me! I've learned my lesson now. Detect hidden and do it often. All macro material is locked up and safe, no more leaving it laying around! It was a pretty good loot for you but could have been worse for me!
I just saw this - did you not know that you can use detect hidden with 100% success in town or something? Or cast reveal?

I'm not understanding how this slipped by you - your stuff is disappearing and you didn't think to DH or something?

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

Oswald wrote: I just saw this - did you not know that you can use detect hidden with 100% success in town or something? Or cast reveal?

I'm not understanding how this slipped by you - your stuff is disappearing and you didn't think to DH or something?

Ive learned what to do now(That was day 8 or 9 here). This has been my first shard playing t2a rules since t2a. It has escaped me. Magery not high enough for reveal and didnt even think detect hidden would work. Its a little bit crappy but not horrible a few hours and I can get that stuff back :)

Flat out it was just a noob mistake.
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

Oswald

Post by Oswald »

Karik Verlee wrote:
Oswald wrote: I just saw this - did you not know that you can use detect hidden with 100% success in town or something? Or cast reveal?

Ive learned what to do now(That was day 8 or 9 here). This has been my first shard playing t2a rules since t2a. It has escaped me. Magery not high enough for reveal and didnt even think detect hidden would work. Its a little bit crappy but not horrible a few hours and I can get that stuff back :)

Flat out it was just a noob mistake.
Don't feel bad I've had plenty of those. I killed my buddies horse the other day thinking it was the PK's horse that we were chasing and hes like "dude wtf you killed my horse"

Boudoir

Post by Boudoir »

Recently, terrorists attempted to kill our good King of Britania. I took the decision to investigate this crime. South of Skara Brae is full of scum, so I began my work in this location.

What a surprise, I found a house with 2 chests only locked with a key ! It was so easy to pick the locks, and what was my surprise when I saw a lot of maps of our world.

I also found around 1500 regs of each type. Terrorists could make a bomb with them ! There was also a lot of power weapons, wich were certainly used to kill the King.

No doubt, the owner of this house is a spy, a secret agent, or a terrorist himself, and helped to attempt at the King's health. I took all of these proofs and put them in a safe place.

Pacifico

Post by Pacifico »

nice, something about skara and just locking their chests... my two neighbors do it and I frequently check the chests for worth and they still haven't gotten the hint.

CrazyJoe

Post by CrazyJoe »

You know, this is an era I missed out on. Secures and "Locked down in a lockdown" happened when I started and I never really knew why till playing here.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

CrazyJoe wrote:You know, this is an era I missed out on. Secures and "Locked down in a lockdown" happened when I started and I never really knew why till playing here.
It's actually better this way, because if you are not stupid, your house can hold a near infinite number of items.