The Cursed Artifact - Sunday 10/30/2016 4 p.m. EST

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

The Cursed Artifact - Sunday 10/30/2016 4 p.m. EST

Post by Taboo »

Please help me!!! I've acquired a cursed artifact!!!

It was purchased from a bizarre little man with harshly cold, dark eyes and a crooked smile that made me cringe.

..... Still, the artifact was so beautiful. I couldn't resist.

After noticing the item kept moving to places I hadn't put it, I decided to put it away in storage. How naïve.
It showed up later the next day. Then I threw it in the garbage away from my home. It still came back.
After that, I tried burying it, burning it, and binding it with magery but nothing works! I can't get rid of it!

Now there has been a string of ugly accidents and unexplained phenomenons on my property.
I feel its evil is growing stronger and stronger as Halloween grows closer.

It is starting to.... summon things.

Help me destroy this artifact's evil!

Date & Time: Sunday 10/30/2016 4 p.m. EST
Place: Strange Empire Museum, Library, & Vault one screen from Yew Gate
Objective: PVM, Co-op. Kill/Destroy the stationary, magic artifact and the evil it summons
Last edited by Taboo on Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Re: The Cursed Artifact - Sunday 10/30/2016 4 p.m. EST

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

This should be a good event. Hope to see some of you there!
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

I will be there

Nickodemuse

Post by Nickodemuse »

I'll try to make it! Might miss beginning but hopefully I can catch it halfway in. And hopefully Mens Rea dont jack all the loot i score!

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

This was officially the lamest event ever.

Show up to a castle where the friends of the house attack/grief you then ban you from the house when you turn it around on them.

Seriously - who dreams up this crap? A GM-sponsored event with people friended to the house running it?

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

I have ran about 10 events from that property, and have always been as fair as possible regardless of any assistance from a gm spawner.
From my perspective, you kept instigating after the fact and everyone was basically waiting for you to stop.
You could have came to me with your issue, but instead you kept fanning the flames.
Furthermore, Boomland certainly doesn't owe you an explanation of what event spawners he chooses to set up and where just because you're being an immature rager.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Taboo wrote:I have ran about 10 events from that property, and have always been as fair as possible regardless of any assistance from a gm spawner.
From my perspective, you kept instigating after the fact and everyone was basically waiting for you to stop.
You could have came to me with your issue, but instead you kept fanning the flames.
Furthermore, Boomland certainly doesn't owe you an explanation of what event spawners he chooses to set up and where just because you're being an immature rager.
Nonsense Taboo.

You have friends of the house who even before the event began started attacking mounts and then removing/banning people who tried to fight them. All followed up with some strategic detect hiddens, logging in and out of characters and using secures for their own advantage.

This event was a self-serving crock for you and your associates - I didn't realise it would be such a corrupt affair and attended with an open mind, but your event and the special treatment given by GMs of you and your friends is a total scam.

If people want to fight me at a GM sponsored event, do it fairly without removing/banning people and using the event as a scam.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

You are 100% lying about what happened, and the only person who has ever had a problem.
Everyone saw you act like an ass over and over, yet you still weren't banned.
You held up the event. Then they finally just killed you instead of banning since I told them they weren't allowed to ban.
I don't profit from these things. In fact, it's a headache.

No one cares. Go away.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Taboo, you are the liar.

You had people friended to the house who exploited their privilege at a GM sponsored event. I am not accusing the GMs of anything, I am accusing you. Do not mistake me.

I even asked you to unfriend them so everyone could enjoy the event in their own way without them being able to control who comes and goes from the event.

But no, you wanted you and your friends to control the event just like Trammel.

Taboo the Trammel lover, the corrupt event manager and his merry band of exploiters.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Mens Rea wrote:Taboo, you are the liar.

You had people friended to the house who exploited their privilege at a GM sponsored event. I am not accusing the GMs of anything, I am accusing you. Do not mistake me.

I even asked you to unfriend them so everyone could enjoy the event in their own way without them being able to control who comes and goes from the event.

But no, you wanted you and your friends to control the event just like Trammel.

Taboo the Trammel lover, the corrupt event manager and his merry band of exploiters.

Reading this, its as if you think you are fooling someone. Except Boom knows exactly how I run things, and everyone saw you being a total douchebag.
Pretty sure people were more or less waiting for you to be banned completely so we could move on. Only, you never were. My mistake!

Again, you are the only person who has ever had a problem. No one cares. Learn how to act and go away.

Thank you :D

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Just like a staff run event, if a player is caught breaking any of the "set rules" - they are banished/removed from the event. This is OK for the Event Manager to do. The main criteria for player run/staff sponsored events is that all players are invited to attend and cannot be blocked from entry. Booting/disqualifying people is fine once the event starts if justified (via breaking rules).
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Grofus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Grofus »

You never stop agitating people Mensrea, at every event you show up with the intent to grief people and stop the event from being successful. At the shame dungeon crawl you were stealing peoples weapons so they couldn't fight. You only come to these events to grief people and steal loot......so yeah go away. I will attack/kill you at every event I see you behaving like this so that we can move on and have fun without you. 'Nuff said.

EyeOfHorus - Today at 12:03 AM
Grofus is the man tho
Vega - Today at 12:03 AM
^ agreed
we need about 5 more Grofy's on UOSA

:D

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Yeah, he's going for the whole "everyone hates me and that makes me cool" bit. Lame.
He did, however, literally make me laugh at loud when he implied I profit from these events.

Silly troll, didn't you realize I put an event together to cover a lack of Halloween events this year despite not really having any time myself?
That I have been asked to do crawls and events once every 1-2 weeks by everyone, or that I have dished out millions in prizes?
Nope. You just acted like a jack ass in someone else's house.

Perhaps when YOU create a large museum, library, event area, then you can run things there how you would like.

Good luck with that,

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Certainly, I did not attend the event.

Certainly, I have never in-game encountered Mens Rea, ever (remember all: I also do not IRC).

Considering the above, not even for a nanosecond did I think Mens Rea had a legitimate grief.

Hmmmm, just sayin' is all ...

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Taboo plz come back we all miss your crying

Return to “Player Run Events”