Character Builds

Tips from the Veterans
DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Character Builds

Post by DrFaustus »

Looking for individuals to post unique threads for sticky that incorporate the following:

Popular builds during this era which need to include a "pretty" write-up that is easy to follow for new players.

PvP
Crafting

etc...

If no one wants to do this in a short while, I'll try to do them.
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Character Builds

Post by Safir »

There is sum info on templates on the wiki:
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?title=Templates

And I kinda' like my own crafter templates myself:

Gatherer - 100str-25dex-100int
100 Luberjacking
100 *Mining
100 Fishing
100 Hiding
100 *Magery
100 Evaluate Intelligence
100 Meditation

Crafter - 100str-25dex-100int
100 *Carpentry
100 Blacksmithy
100 Tailoring
100 Tinkering
80 *Magery
50 Musicianship
100 Bowcfaft/Fletching
70 Arms Lore

Scribe - 100str-25dex-100int
100 Inscription
100 *Magery
100 Meditation
100 *Poisoning
100 Alchemy
100 Cooking
100 Item ID

* indicates starting skills of 50 when creating the character.

With those three templates, once should be able to craft everything on two of the characters that never leave the safety of their own homes, and have one dedicated gatherer for all the resources.

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

Hopefully will be able to add to this during the weekend. I've been overloaded with stuff to do.

Unlimited Bladeworks

Post by Unlimited Bladeworks »

PvM Warrior Guide for New Players

Warrior/Archer PvM template:

100 Fencing
100 Tactics
100 Parry
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Archery
70 Hiding
30 Magery

100 str
100 dex
25 str

Another example of a variation of this build:

100 Swords
100 Tactics
100 Archery/or parry
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Magic Resist
70 Hiding
30 Magery

100 str
100 dex
25 str

Recommendations:

* I would use either fencing or swordsmanship. Parry is optional for either builds. It really depends on your playing style and the purpose of that char. Parry is good if you want your PvM char to be able to fend off another warrior in PvP.

** If you want magic resist you can drop archery or parry depending on your play style.

This type of build works very well for a new beginner because it is very cheap in building up your first character.

I always macro my stats up first and then I macro anatomy up to the 90's.

You can gather cotton or wool for bandages by using a loom/spinning wheel.

I recommend starting with healing and resist. Or archery and healing if you don't want resist.

Starting your first PvM warrior:

Collect enough cotton to sell for gold to train in tactics, fighting skill and parry. Put aside archery for now, that will be the last skill you work.

I would macro hiding to 70 early on before you decide to farm gold and gain skill. It will help you evade encounters with PK's who like to recall into hunting grounds. Once you hunted and gotten some extra gold you can train magery. The cost is 300ish gp and you will get 30.9 magery skill. This will allow you to recall with a scroll. This will be very important later in being able to escape from PK's while you're farming gold. You can even cast magic reflection and other lower level spells with a scroll fairly easy.

Adventuring for Gold and Skill Gain:

Start off killing undead monsters at various graveyards from 25-45 skill level. Keep bandages with you to gain healing. I recommend the one graveyards south of yew, the cemetery in grave Jhelom, graveyard south the town of Moonglow or the one outside of Vesper. Don't use the Brit graveyard, pk's hit up that one a lot.

Once you reached 45-50 skill level in your fighting skills move onto an Orc fort i.e. South of Yew or South of Cove and work your skill up to 65-70ish. At this point you can go to the dungeon Shame and fight Earth elementals until you grandmaster your skills. If your healing isn't at least 65-70 I don't recommend going to Shame because of the scorpions. Bring some greater cure potions just in case. This is a good place to gain healing.

Healing and Parry:

Another way to get healing up and GM parry is to set up a self-heal macro and have 3 to 4 deers attacking you, it is important to tab out so you don't kill the deer. You can add more deer as your healing and parry increases. I would wait until you have 75 healing to have more than four deer hitting you.

You can gm healing by setting up a heal macro on a ghost at 79-80 healing skill level. Just use a dead char from your 2nd or 3rd account.

Archery

To GM archery you need about 6k of arrows I think, if I remember correctly. I trained on a fighter in our patio house. I was healing the hired fighter and so was my brother. He was working on his healing skill. I already had Gm'ed my healing. You definitely need two healers, one has to be GM and with at lest 70 healing. In the future, you can use this method for GMing any fighting skill.

You can gather feathers by killing harpies in the dungeon Covetous and cutting their corpses with a dagger. If you create a lumberjack/bowcrafter, gathering wood with a UO razor macro is pretty painless.

A few notes:

*** I don't use Magic Resist because I tend rely on magic armor and silver or power/vanq weapons to make up for my lack of defense. I don't PvP on this char and he isn't designed to take a lot of magic spell damage, although he is good against other warriors in pvp because I have parry.

I can kill blood and poison elementals on this warrior template fairly easy with power or vanq bows or x-bows by getting them caught on the stalagmite formations in the dungeons.

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

I'll move this to a new topic.

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

Safir, I really like your gatherer/crafting templates and I think I will try to go with those, maybe small adjustments.

I'm tempted to put bowcraft on my lumberjack/miner but I like your eval which I suppose is there to kill stuff on the open seas? God I like that template tho.

My big question tho, and i'm asking to cover my bases.

What's with the 50 musicianship on the smith character? Will Armslore be very useful ? And Musicianship, what gives, is that to make instruments?

Thanks

Eastwood
Catskills 97-99

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Eastwood wrote:Safir, I really like your gatherer/crafting templates and I think I will try to go with those, maybe small adjustments.

I'm tempted to put bowcraft on my lumberjack/miner but I like your eval which I suppose is there to kill stuff on the open seas? God I like that template tho.
Yupp it's there to be able to kill things on the open seas.

Eastwood wrote:My big question tho, and i'm asking to cover my bases.

What's with the 50 musicianship on the smith character? Will Armslore be very useful ? And Musicianship, what gives, is that to make instruments?

Thanks

Eastwood
I dun know about Arms Lore (don't remember, lol), But the musicianship is there to be able to craft instruments, yeh.