Tank/Bard worth it?

Tips from the Veterans
Blood

Tank/Bard worth it?

Post by Blood »

Is a tank bard with the following skills worth it? in which dungeons I might be able to hunt?

Anatomy
Fencing
Provocation
Musicianship
Resist Spells
Tactics
Magery (only to recall, cure or heal)

Sandro

Re: Tank/Bard worth it?

Post by Sandro »

You would be far better off with the standard 5x + music/provocation.

mage/med/resist/eval/wrestle/music/provo

You can pretty much do anything you want, plus make (almost) the fastest cash via dungeon farming. Fairly easy to survive pk raids, etc.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Edie Brickell

Post by Edie Brickell »

Pound for pound I think the best money you can make with a bard is:
Music
Provocation
Magery
Resist
Meditation
Lockpicking
Cartography

You get bored with farming you can do some maps...picking chests in dungeons inproves oyur rate of return and killsmonotony...a patient player can make oodles off of gems and scrolls and crap magic sellign to vendors. I regularly make new full spell books out of the drops I get and that's more cash in my pocket.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

@ Edie, I agree.

Except I have wrestle instead of resist on my bard. I think its a better choice.

I use a lot of invis items on my bard, so I'm not taking a lot of magic hits.

Music
Provocation
Magery
Wrestle
Meditation
Lockpicking
Cartography

Never lost a survival game EVER with that template. And T map's are a great source of high end weapons/armour and gold.

Its a hard build with LP and Carto, but well worth it.

Edie Brickell

Post by Edie Brickell »

I just dont think you can beat the versatility or the utility of this character. I think the only real advantage to resist is oyu build it up naturally when you're working magery and meditation. Frankly I've never given any thought to wrestling but perhaps the bonus of not beign as likely to b disrupted is worth it. I have the worse time in areas with lots of trash spawn...Elder Gazer area, lv 4 hyth, for that reason. I'm ashamed to admit it but I've literally been overpowered and killed by a pack of sewwer rats, slimes and snakes because I couldn't pull off a recall or teleport and i was stupid enough to rush into a situaiton I couldn't get out of. Be itneresting to see what th ebenefit of resist is though when you're regularly fighting Balrons and Terathans and they dump the crap outa ya. In the end if you have a decent runebook you can't go wrong and there are plenty of places with decent spawn, good chests, and relatively little PK action. The other upside to htis build is the ease of equipping....I grab 77 each reg, 2 dozen lockpicks and my harp and I'm ready to go....no armor to lose, weapons to repair, and i can still tackle the most dangerous monsters in the game solo.

JTMMouse

Post by JTMMouse »

I am actually going to attempt
Music/Peace/Fencing/Tactics/Anat/Healing/70 hiding/30 magery

This was a great one if you did 70 Chiv on the live shards, but this was due to the bonus damage.
Now I know the preferred is magery, but this is my first character on this server.
Hitting peacemaking always gave enough time to whack something to death or hide and heal.

I actually like bards over all and might just end up making a Provo-mage and a second main as a treasure hunter.
We'll see how it goes. Already gm Music/peace/anat. time to get hiding up and work on fencing/tactics and healing. Magery is for recall scrolls.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Ok Archaic, you can say it's you, we're all on to you now.

:P j/k

On a serious note, I think peace really leaves much to be desired, given that if you attempt to kill any sort of high end spawn with that temp, they will take a second to re-aggro. Not even that if we're talking about high end mobs like Balrons, Deamons, Ancient Wyrms, etc.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Sandro wrote:You would be far better off with the standard 5x + music/provocation.

mage/med/resist/eval/wrestle/music/provo

You can pretty much do anything you want, plus make (almost) the fastest cash via dungeon farming. Fairly easy to survive pk raids, etc.
^ and later if you dont want it drop music provo for swords tactics and you have a tank mage in a few hours once your established and may no longer desire to ever farm with a bard again
as far as carto bards go id rather use the above bard template for 90 of the work and just use http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/91213 (not my character fyi but i have the same) get all the same skills -30 from both magery and med til you gm lockpicking because you need 60 detect to do level 5' tmaps before you gm lockpicking . template is a good house looter alt / rez past a table wall with a hole + stealth dungeon picker and if you are comfertable with 0 wrestling and use of invis items and stealth to get away you can even make it a second or third fisher for extra mibs / tmaps. you might say but oh what about the see serpants water elementals and if oyu have hot keys for forward right forward left you can sail right past em if you are good enough or if you arent can use paralyze or you can park hired mages / dragons on your boat to watch them get pwn by them.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

JTMMouse

Post by JTMMouse »

Pirul wrote:Ok Archaic, you can say it's you, we're all on to you now.

:P j/k

On a serious note, I think peace really leaves much to be desired, given that if you attempt to kill any sort of high end spawn with that temp, they will take a second to re-aggro. Not even that if we're talking about high end mobs like Balrons, Deamons, Ancient Wyrms, etc.
Yeah, I experimented on just Grizzly bears and it was a weak setup, without Chiv for massive dmg boosts its a failed idea.
I am going to go:
Music/Prov/Healing/Anat/Arch/Tactics/70 hide/30 magery

Over time I will either morph it into a magery based build or simply make a new mage/bard.

Also looking at making a provo treasure hunter. I just like bards in general in UO.

Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Musicianship GM
Provocation GM
Wrestling GM
Animal Taming GM
Animal Lore GM
Magery 80
Hiding 60
Resisting Spells 60

85 STR