100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Resisting Spells
100 Magery
100 Meditation

95/90/40

*40int + cunning = 50 therefore, I can cast circle 8*
should I change around str/dex?

I plan on basically playing this as a normal dexxer, but have the ability to cast reflect and and gheals on myself or teammates. I usually play a mage, so I'll most likely be casting a decent bit on this char, whether it be reflects, cures, whathaveyou.

Anyways, I don't know how to gear it at all...

What kind of weapons do you fencers use?

And most importantly, what kind of armor am I looking at here? I need to actively med but still have a good chunk of AR. I can cast protection to make up some. Someone mentioned a leather suit but that only adds like 12 AR...

Pirul

Re: Med Warrior

Post by Pirul »

You won't be able to med through anything with more AR than leather with bits and pieces of studded leather, so basically meditation and dexxer do not belong in the same sentence. Neither should any number under 100 STR.

Just my $0.02.

As for weps, depends on if you want 2 handed or 1 handed. The consensus seems to be that the short spear is the best for dmg over time (meaning you make the most damage in the same amount of time as other weps), followed by the long spear. But both of those are 2h, and I've seen several good PvPers with krysses.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Sissypants

Post by Sissypants »

Agree with not having under 100 str. Adjust your INT/Dex to allow for 100 str. 100/85/40 would work just fine.

Also as mentioned your AR is going to be restricted, and having anything on but leather is going to take away the benefit of having the meditation. So a leather suit plus the Protection Spell is the best you've got.

I played a Medwarrior for a bit "back in the day". My observation was that it was a good template for fighting mages. Wasn't very good for fighting "pure" warriors. The lack of AR puts you at a disadvantage, you'll spend more time than necessary being on the defensive. Also remember to cast you have to disarm your only offensive tool. You'll get interrupted quite a bit when attempting to cast as well- unless you are spamming mini heal. No wrestling. So when a well played dexxer is all over you like stink on feces... You'll be reduced to spamming mini heal and running bandages, and if you've got your weap out of hand- You aren't doing any damage to him.

Basically, if you're gonna run Medwarrior- Run in a group and don't try to toe-to toe with a dexer that's worth his salt.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Just to play on the "lack of AR" - if you're a medwarrior and don't carry around a full suit of armor, stay away from warriors. With that said, ALWAYS carry around a suit of armor, and have a razor macro to toggle it. This will let you stay armored when needed, without having to stop to equip (nothing like equiping a suit of armor in a few seconds of dancing around a fighter opponent). This also gives you the easy option to remove your AR when you get into a battle with mages.

You can have your cake and eat it too.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I was thinking of coming back and doing something like this to be a nuisance.

100 wrestling
80 anatomy
100 magery
90 meditation
100 Eval
90 Resist
100 Healing
40 Tactics

Basically as a sidekick who would spam attack last on tanks (thereby negating any chance of insta hit I would have) and have bandages to conserve on offensive casting. I know wrestling is chump for damage but last I was here it wasn't affected by low dex and taking any type of damage at all ran a high risk of interrupt.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Drop the tactics, I doubt it'll make much difference to the dmg your wrestling will do.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

You are right 100 percent to 126 percent on a damage of 1-8 isn't much difference.
The only way it would is by dropping healing instead where you could boost the damage to 2-15 which with some lucky punches could make a difference.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Monk template idea I'm tossing around.

Str 100
Dex 80
Int 45

Mace
Wrestle
Tact
Heal
Resist
Anat 80
Mage 70
Med 50

Could drop anat to increase mage/eval, but 70 magery is enough to cast g-heal and the occasional reflect. Most likely just use magery for its utilities. Teleport, cure, mini heal...not a lot of offensive aside from a harm or lightning to finish at times.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Now that I am Back
:lol:

Fencing
Tactics
Anatomy 70
Healing
Eval 80
Resist 90
magery
Med 60

95/70 dex/60 intel

There are ways to compensate for less then max strength. 90 resist will resist 6th circle well enough, which is the primary offensive spells you will be confronted with.
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

No wrestle will get killed by a proper dexer and quickly taken advantage of by a tank mage.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Armor/dress macro vs the dexxer and the mage fights tend to be at distance except closing in for the hally. Don't think that a mage will be trying to spam attack last on you. With a plate tunic ,leather sleeves, with a dress macro for the plate having protection cast...a good deal of the hits dealt will have nice enough AR to nullify alot of damage if not all of it...depending on hit location, skill,weapon, and roll.

morganm

Post by morganm »

The idea of an alternative character build really perks my interest... but it has to be viable; not just a novelty. Here's some that cought my interest but I wonder... are they viable?
Artulk wrote:I agree that a medidexxer needs wrestle. But thats just my opinion based off of my playstyle.

One can easily do well with med and eval, nice burst dps, but I prefer the wrestle. Here are two 3 gm builds you can look at and think about why I have them that way and how and why you would want them different.

100 weapon
100 wrestle
100 tactics
90 healing
80 anatomy
90 resist
70.1 magery
69.9 meditation

100 weapon
100 wrestle
100 tactics
80 meditation
70 magery
90 healing
90 resist
70 anat
Zim. wrote:If it were ME building a med warrior, Id go something like this:

100 Weaponskill
100 Tactics
100 Resist
90 Healing
90 Meditation
80 Wrestle
80 Magery
60 Anatomy

100s - 80d - 45i

Being a pot whore would be mandatory.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

What I heard...and it might be complete Heresay...is that meditation works best at intervals of twenty. Meaning that significant changes happen at every 20 skill points.
This is going by what I heard mind you, I do not know for certain.

I was working on the exact replic of the second temp you posted but with GM healing 80 Meditation and a variant to the stats.

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

How bout:

100 Weapon
100 Tactics
100 Healing
100 Magery
100 Resist
80 Anatomy
60 Meditation
60 Wrestle

100/75/50 (tailor it to your weapon of choice, no worse than 6 ticks)

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I am all for creative templates, however, as I stated above, I am not a fan of the med-warrior, as I think it is a hindrance and you'd be mediocre at two things instead of great at one.

Regardless, I don't know how much help 60 wrestling would be on this template, since you'll be going vs. enemies with 100 wep skill / wrestling. If you're fighting a dexxer, he'll have 100 wep skill...a tank? 100 wep skill + 100 wrestling. Your chance to cast uninterrupted drops to something like 25%. Additionally dropping dex also reduces your chances of interrupting other mages.

Seeing some of the other templates posted above, some quick thoughts:

- At 70 magery you basically have a 100% change of recalling away, but a 50-50 chance of fizzing an e-bolt. Not sure this is great if you rely in magery as an offensive skill. You need magery at 100.
- Wrestling (see above), drop to 0, no real edge compromising skill points here.
- Dropping Dex (see above), drop to 85...tops (and that's pushing it), and use bless or cunning items.
- Having 60-80 healing...ugg, your bandages will not be as high AND you will get a ton of "barely helps", specially if you're fighting anything that hits fast ("your fingers slip"). Sure you can always use magery to heal, but if that's what you're gonna rely on, drop healing altogether. I would not drop it under 90, 100 is ideal.
- Dropping some anatomy, you won't have a slight bonus on wep damage, manageable, but you'll stuggle to put in the kill shot. Manageable at 80, but would rather have 100.

In short, a less gimped template, for me, would be like the first posted:

100 Wep skill
100 Tactics
100 Magery
100 Resist
100 Healing
100 Anatomy
100 Med

100 / 85 / 40 - and always carry bless items so it will put you at 95 Dex + 50 Int. Use a dress macro for a plate chest, the rest of your armor should be leather.