Extra Slot on $ Maker

Tips from the Veterans
SoundofGod

Extra Slot on $ Maker

Post by SoundofGod »

I've made a lot of money and had fun lockpicking dungeon chests, Doing T-maps, Provoking etc. Here's my current set up: (all GM)

Lockpicking
Magery
Meditation
Music
Provo
Cartography AND

Hiding

My Ebolts are weak - but i rely mainly on EV's
I am VERY weak because of my 0 wrestling... EVERYTHING hits me.

but

Hiding is a life-saver too... but i could use Invis Spell.

Do you think - as a PvM'er - I should:

Drop hiding for Wrestle or Eval? or Keep hiding?

Pirul

Re: Extra Slot on $ Maker

Post by Pirul »

Wrestling is the most important skill for any sort of mage. Drop hiding, get wrestling.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Wrestling or Hiding is fine. My treasure hunter is set up precisely like yours, and it works just fine. At some point when I am rich, I will think about dropping Hiding for Wrestling, and just use invisibility jewelry and spells. But I'm happy with it just the way it is.

Eval on a provoker is kind of a waste, in my opinion. Let the monsters do the damage.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Wrestling > Hiding.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

SoundofGod

Post by SoundofGod »

Sandro wrote:Wrestling > Hiding.
A reason to keep hiding:

When i DO die (it happens), I notice there are ghosts camping where the PK got me.

I have a suspicion that the hiding ghost was the PK's alt.

By hiding, i lessen the chance of that ALT knowing I'm still there.

Yes, by the Ancient, or the Bally, or the blood, being poisoned is enough to warrant a "check" by the PK,

It still makes it possibly worthwhile to keep hiden until the coup de gras.

By the fundementals of UO, yes, i have to agree: For a farmer to Survive a PK attack - you need wrestle to deflect 50% of the wacks. But why not avoid them 100%?

We're not playing by a fair set of rules with those AFK ghosts - but you have to agree: You're being watched at all times.

Edit: http://www.chess.com/play/computer.html <---this guy is good.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

You are using the exact same build as my lock-picker. I do devious maps without eval & wrestling. I would only suggest hiding over wrestling for doing t-maps, as its extremely rare to randomly encounter a pk at t-map coords.

Any other PvM build, wrestling is a must.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

if you drop hiding for anything, id chose wrestling. whether wrestling would be more beneficial depends on how you play the character and how often you plan on being attacked.

yossarian
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by yossarian »

marmalade wrote:if you drop hiding for anything, id chose wrestling. whether wrestling would be more beneficial depends on how you play the character and how often you plan on being attacked.
I agree