The Humble Village of Awesome - Look here if you're New!

Moderator: Support Moderators

Acidius

Re: The Humble Village of Awesome - Look here if you're New!

Post by Acidius »

I've just stumbled upon this game for the first time and I think coming here to this thread was luck. If I can find you on IRC, it'll be a godsend. Thanks for helping all of us beginners.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Acidius wrote:I've just stumbled upon this game for the first time and I think coming here to this thread was luck. If I can find you on IRC, it'll be a godsend. Thanks for helping all of us beginners.
Welcome to UOSA!

While I've been working a lot lately, I haven't been able to get on much, but I'll try to be on IRC a few hours a day to get you accommodated. I'll probably be available around 2PM-5PM CET (Central European Time), so catch me then! ;)

The Humble Village of Awesome always has houses available for new players to UOSA!

Redd Foxx

Post by Redd Foxx »

hey I'm making a tamer mage and need help with money, no I'm not ask for you to give it to me just do you go on hunts. If so I'd be glad to join and since I'm working on taming and don't need a lot of the things I have to tame the guild can have free horses or the Yoshi looking things

djoeee

Post by djoeee »

i just joined the shard yesterday, trying to gain some skills but problem is that i flag grey if i spar with 2 chars and ppl tend to kill me :)
it would be great if i had a guild for my chars to join so we can train safely!
i would like to join your guild if possible/allowed...

if im online im on irc and my char names are djoene and djoe

cheers!

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

djoeee wrote:i just joined the shard yesterday, trying to gain some skills but problem is that i flag grey if i spar with 2 chars and ppl tend to kill me :)
it would be great if i had a guild for my chars to join so we can train safely!
i would like to join your guild if possible/allowed...

if im online im on irc and my char names are djoene and djoe

cheers!
The Humble Village of Awesome is.. well.. awesome, and you should totally join.

But still, sparring against players gives slower gains than sparring against an NPC.

Head to Jhelom and find a hireable NPC. They are everywhere. Just say <npc name> hire and they will give their price for 1 "day" which is roughly 2 hours. The newbie hirelings usually go for 99 gold a "day" (again, 2 hours). After you hire it, say "all guard me". This will turn your hireling gray to EVERYONE. Then attack it and say "all stop" and "all stay". You can now beat the crap out of it, getting crazy gains, without you taking damage. You will, however, have to heal the hireling somehow.

Also, be sure to use spar weapons so you do less damage... For swordsmanship use a butcher knife, fencing use a dagger, maces use a shephards crook (I think, may be wrong on that). To also help with not damaging them very much you can dress them up too... open their paper doll and drag off their crappy armor and replace with bone or plate!

May also add that sparring it in Jhelom itself may not be the best idea because some people get off on griefing other players and they may kill your hireling. May want to take it back to your shack in the HVoA.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

djoeee

Post by djoeee »

tnx for the usefull tip m8, one question tho if i use bands on the npc will i go grey aswell?
and i notice safir hasn't been on yet, anyone else who can invite me into the guild??? just a question... :)

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

Humble Village was destroyed by a typhoon and is no more.

Actually Safir was away or something and all (most of) his places collapsed.

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

Dagon wrote:Humble Village was destroyed by a typhoon and is no more.

Actually Safir was away or something and all (most of) his places collapsed.
What!? Awe man that sucks...
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

Dark_Radiance

Post by Dark_Radiance »

yes, sadly his houses fell. I hope Safir is ok and well, but his work here on the shard will live on. Since he is M.I.A., I will be using the money that I owe him from the many games of backgammon we have played against each other. The Humble Village of Awesome II will be based out of a new location, and will offer the same deal it has been to new players on the shard. One patio and 4 smalls have already been placed with more in the works. I hope to have it up and running within the week, with its own thread and information. Until then feel free to contact myself here in the forums or in irc under the name Darkradiance.

JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by JoshuaLee »

I saw the new one I really like it, very awesome.
Against all odds.WAR US
UOSA Music Video #6: The AMPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLoFkTtEEs
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389