Thieves Guild Suspension Wont Expire

Moderator: Support Moderators

Eaglestaff

Thieves Guild Suspension Wont Expire

Post by Eaglestaff »

Stratics says once your short term Murder Count hits Zero it expires. Mine has been zero for days and when I try to steal from someone it still says "You are suspended from the Thieves Guild."

-Another question about the thieves guild: If You use Forensic Evaluation on someone and they are int he thieves guild are you allowed to steal from them and attack them without flagging? Haven't tested this yet and I can't remember if this is a post T2A feature.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Thieves Guild Suspension Wont Expire

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Your right, after your short term counts are gone you "should" be able to steal again.

About Forensics, when you use forensics on a thief that is in the guild, it will only tell you that they are in the guild. You cannot attack them without turning grey. But if you are outside of town and attack and kill them, they cannot give you a murder count. Be carefull when doing this because sometimes if you PK a thief enough they will either start a new character with the same name not in the guild or they will quit the thieves guild, then you can get a murder count. Also if your forensics is high enough you should be able to make a thieves disguise (white hair and npc name) disapear.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Eaglestaff wrote:Stratics says once your short term Murder Count hits Zero it expires. Mine has been zero for days and when I try to steal from someone it still says "You are suspended from the Thieves Guild."
The thieve guild requirement is to have no murders at all. If this was based on Short Terms, and not long there would possibly be red thieves running around.

Where did you read this in stratics?

Eaglestaff

Post by Eaglestaff »

..."If you are a member of the NPC Thieve's Guild, any player who successfully uses the Forensic Evaluation skill to reveal your membership in said guild may either attack or steal from you. If a player attacks you and that player dies and reports you for murder, you will be suspended from the thieves guild for the amount of time it takes for the short murder count (8 hours) to decay. While suspended you still cannot give murder counts, but cannot use the disguise kit or steal from innocents."...

- http://uo.stratics.com/content/reputation/flags.shtml

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Forensics will allow you to turn a thief grey, but ONLY if they are already "perma".

PillPuller

Post by PillPuller »

Eaglestaff wrote:..."If you are a member of the NPC Thieve's Guild, any player who successfully uses the Forensic Evaluation skill to reveal your membership in said guild may either attack or steal from you. If a player attacks you and that player dies and reports you for murder, you will be suspended from the thieves guild for the amount of time it takes for the short murder count (8 hours) to decay. While suspended you still cannot give murder counts, but cannot use the disguise kit or steal from innocents."...

- http://uo.stratics.com/content/reputation/flags.shtml
I disagree with that. Back in the day we used to steal from people all the time just to get them to attack us and we would kill them. No murder count involved. I don't remember anyone actually having forensic eval back in the day but if that is how it was that is very stupid. If someone attacks you and you kill them why should YOU (the victim of the attack) receive a murder count for defending yourself?

I am not real sure about the forensic part of it but I know just normal thieving and people attacking you afterward was one of our main gimmicks back in the day to slay the knave!
AIM : Progn0sis

KWK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by KWK »

Is this fixed? I had one count on my thief a while back and now I check my status and it is clear but I am still suspended? How long does one count allow you to not be suspended from thieves guild here?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

It's a long, not a short, so 40 hours for it to burn.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

KWK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by KWK »

What makes a count a long or a short?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Every count you receive has both components, long and short. The short part is used to determine stat-loss status, and the long to determine murderer status. They burn concurrently, so by the time you burn the short term count, you only have 32hrs to go to burn the long.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

KWK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by KWK »

Ok thanks

Return to “New Player Help”