Too young to join thieves guild

Moderator: Support Moderators

Allyward

Too young to join thieves guild

Post by Allyward »

I went to see Thai and this was the message that he said to me..is it true that I need to have spent 48 hours IN GAME before joining? Can someone list ALL requirements to join thieves guild please?

Thanks

Derrick

Re: Too young to join thieves guild

Post by Derrick »

In order to join the thief guild, your character must be at least one week old, must have been logged into the game for a total of 48 hours, and must have 60.0 or more stealing skill. We are not be able to tell you how long until your character will meet these requirements.

Allyward

Post by Allyward »

Ok thank you

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

someone should really make up a sticky for the thieves guild
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

y2a

Post by y2a »

Can you steal in town from a guild who you are at war with without being guard whacked?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yes, and you don't need to be a member of the thieves guild to do that.
Thieves guild requirement, and criminal stealing are only when you are stealing from blues

supernothing082

Post by supernothing082 »

I am close to being eligible however i cant seem to find a way to raise my stealing at all.
ive stolen from my own pack animal and npc chars and my stealing has not gone up once, any advice?

y2a

Post by y2a »

Are you steal something of the appropriate weight? If you're close I assume you're in the mid-50's, so try to steal something that weighs 6 stone (try a katana). A general rule is stealing skill/10 for the weight of the item you want to steal, and round up (so at 55 move to a 6 stone item).

Slaine
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Slaine »

On the question of stealing - I read somewhere once, that if you place a 10 stone item over your bag with your valuables in it, that they cant steal anything from you because its too heavy to steal, therefore too heavy to move? And yet I have a stack of leather pieces over my bag, and someone stole some nightshade from me, fortunately tehy got whacked, but - I guess my info is wrong? or does it no longer work? And there is no way to be 'theif proof' ?

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

They cant steal anything that weighs over ten pounds, but they can steal anything in a container that isn't locked.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

You can "move" things in someones pack to reveal items beneath that item. Move the item, then quickly move the item below before the first item "pops" back into place, so if you want to be really safe you should have 2 leathers above the item. OR just put them in a container, open it up, lock it, and you'll still be able to use the regs but no one can steal it because it's too heavy and it can't be lockpicked in your pack.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

trying to join the theives guild, i got the reply "this guild is for cunning theives, not oafish cutthroats." anyone know what this means? does it have something to do with murdercounts, and if so, how come none of the lists of entry requirments says anything about this. :(

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

marmalade wrote:trying to join the theives guild, i got the reply "this guild is for cunning theives, not oafish cutthroats." anyone know what this means? does it have something to do with murdercounts, and if so, how come none of the lists of entry requirments says anything about this. :(
You have to have 0 Long term counts, otherwise thats the message you get.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
marmalade wrote:trying to join the theives guild, i got the reply "this guild is for cunning theives, not oafish cutthroats." anyone know what this means? does it have something to do with murdercounts, and if so, how come none of the lists of entry requirments says anything about this. :(

i see thank you. maybe someone should add that to the wiki page? ;)

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

marmalade wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:

i see thank you. maybe someone should add that to the wiki page? ;)
Hey! Your someone! :wink: