How is Magery + Archery?

Moderator: Support Moderators

xvsanx

How is Magery + Archery?

Post by xvsanx »

I know Magery is pretty much the top damage dealer but I don't see any Magery Archery hybrids. I'd like to know how it is in PVE and PVP. In PVE it seems like you could either kite monsters with spells/shots or paralyze/ev/shoot/dispel to kill a monster. I'm in bad gear with bad skill ratings still but my friends who are archers tear me up with shots, so it seems like it's really good in PVP. Does anyone have any advice or incite on how a Hally Mage with Archery instead of Swordsmanship would work?

FishinPro

Re: How is Magery + Archery?

Post by FishinPro »

PvE, may be managable...but PvP is worthless
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

xvsanx

Post by xvsanx »

why is archery useless in pvp? it's that weak? I thought it'd be good to finish people when they run away since heavy crossbow is the strongest weapon according to the wiki

redstone

Post by redstone »

it has more to do with the way archery works, you have to stand still in order for the arrow to not miss every time. Which i highly doubt you can catch back up with someone when they were just adding distance between the two of you

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Archery is good for PvM. Archery has its uses in pvp as a secondary combat skill, but typically isn't good enough to stand alone in 'standard pvp' - archer turrets are a totally different thing.

Archery can be good if you have an unhealthy amount of teleport items :)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

What is damage like on archery without anatomy (on players)?

You can still cycle bows like any other weapon correct?
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

FishinPro wrote:PvE, may be managable...but PvP is worthless
Is it worthless? I know both archery and melee are on separate timers.
Its possible to have arch,swords, and 60 wrestling if you drop to 80 in resist med and eval. It would be more defensive and on the field though, but if you think about it you can pretty much make sure you could time your hally swings more precisely without worrying about having it wasted in messed up auto-defend.

I imagine it would take some practice to see how it would be useful. It would have a lot of benefit in groups and PVM.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Return to “New Player Help”