To other new guys- random crap I've learned in a week

Moderator: Support Moderators

Foible

To other new guys- random crap I've learned in a week

Post by Foible »

SKILLS

- are how you customize your character. They're available on the aptly named "skills" scroll.

Herding- Herding is a useless skill that you dump the first 3-4 hours of your character's life into because using the skill raises STR and DEX and a little INT.

Because Herding is so cool, it could be a good idea to start with higher INT.

You'll see a bunch of other guys, especially in brit, hanging out at the stables doing what you're doing. This is a great opportunity to "snoop" them. It takes down your Karma but not to such a point that it will matter and raises dex like a beast. To snoop all you do is d-click the guy you wanna snoop, then d-click his bag. You can easily set a macro to continue doing this very rapidly. (I didn't say attempt to steal, I said snoop!)

If you LOCK or set your skill to DECREASE you do not get stat (int, str, dex) gains from doing that skill. This is also true once you max a skill.

To activate alot of skills you double click the items associated with the skills. Lumberjack- d-click axe, click tree. Mining - d-click shovel, click rocky hill, blacksmith > hammer. bowcraft > knife. This is true of everything but inscription which, is a pain in the butt to get started. If you make a 50/50 magery/inscription guy he'll be broke real quick. To use inscription, you hit the blue gem next to it on the skills scroll, then the blank scrolls you want to use, then the spells in your spell book.

Get spells in the book by dragging scrolls to the book.

VENDORS

Most spells at town vendors are crap and low level. I should say at this point that to activate training/buying/selling/pet/bank situations you have to speak. You either say the name of the vendor you're talking to or just "vendor sell" "vendor buy" "Trish train anatomy" You can find much more commands in the "commands" section of the wiki http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=Main_Page

The vendors with the juicy stuff are Player's vendors found in player owned houses... for whatever reason to activate these dudes you d-click them, to buy from them you say "vendor buy" then click on whatever it is you want.

MACROS

Macros are hotkeys/processes that do stuff that you want to do with either reduced clickage or no clicking at all.

Macros are easier than I thought, though, a pain nonetheless.

Here is your first macro-

Open up your paperdoll then click options. On the bottom left you'll see macros, click it. Ok now keep hitting delete till you blow up all the crap default macros. (you can reload them by hitting default, mr. paranoid)

Ok now hit ADD (its at the top) click that bar next to Key and press F1. no under that you'll see bar labeled Action. Click and hold the bar and you'll see a list of actions. Kinda wand your cursor around the bottom of this thing and you'll be scrolling down the list. Select LastObject. You'll see another bar pop up. Click and drag as before until you get WaitForTarg. Now you should see an arrow off to the right just floating out there. Click that to reveal yet a third bar. Then select LastTarget.

Now click apply or ok.

this macro is a cool little multi-function sucker that will repeat mundane actions for you once you've done them one time. Example mining/lumberjack do it once then just tap F1 and it does it again. But it also works for cutting bandages (d-click scissors, click cloth)

NOTE: it's important to select keys that aren't alphanumeric (F1 F2 Tab Capslock) so that when you set macros you don't trip them when you're typing in commands.

RAZOR MACRO

Ok I talked about herding. Here's how you do it.

First of all, turn on UO auto map. (came with the download on the UOSA site) fiddle with it by hitting cancel and crap till it starts working. Now once in town you can zoom in (mouse wheel) close enough to see little icons over buildings that tell you the purpose of the buildings. Crazy helpful.

Ok go to a stable, buy a shepard's crook. Go stand near an animal. Now click off the game window to the Razor controls and hit the Macros Tab. Hit New. Then record. Click back on the game window. D-click crook, click animal, click somewhere on the ground. Click "stop" on the razor. R-click the last action it recorded and insert a 1000 milisecond pause. Make sure "loop" is checked. Then hit play.

Note: you can use razor "hotkeys" to set your razor Macros to activate on a keystroke.

RANDOM

Inns are a useful place to trade crap from one character to another. Unlike everywhere else, if you log out in an Inn your char immediately zips out of the game. So you can buy a bag, toss all your dude's armor in it and then zip in and have your blacksmith repair.

Travel - with the UO Auto-Map you should be able to find the Moongate near your start town. It looks like a blue oval. This is a portal to other towns and the destination changes every few seconds. Just walk through a few times until you see what you wanna see.

You can also travel with runes. To do this you need a rune (from mage vendors) and the recall and mark spell. - much harder to find. I found recall at a player vendor but haven't found mark yet. I assume you cast mark on the rune, then cast recall on the mark.

Money - you'll need alot of it. So I'd say get your feet wet with your fighter, then once you figure out "dude I need some freakin gold" make a Bowyer fletch/ Lumberjack and sell bows like a crazy man. You can cut logs into boards with a saw, which makes the wood much easier to lug around.

Food is helpful to raise your stamina back up so you can push through enemies and get the heezy out of Dodge in a pinch.

If you die, run to a healer. If you're poisoned run to a healer.

Leave your gold/ingots in a bank or in a heavy bag (meaning a bag with a bunch of shovels) and don't stand close to people.

Do not read beauty magazines they will only make you feel ugly. :wink:

------------------------------------------

Feel free to post crap you've figured out or stuff I got wrong.

Foible

Re: To other new guys- random crap I've learned in a week

Post by Foible »

PS. Crap I haven't figured out yet

Why can't I ride a Llama after i tame it?

Why won't that stupid Cougar follow me I thought you was tame yo?

How do I feed my horse?

How do I sheer this freakin sheep?

Dude really? 20 of 20 failures to cure weak poison with 63 healing? WTH?

Where do I train spell resist?

What's a good way to raise int?

How do you skill up anatomy?

grepler

Post by grepler »

Foible wrote:PS. Crap I haven't figured out yet

How do I feed my horse?

1: I think you need to feed it once first. Im new as well so not sure on that one.

2: Not sure

3: Go to the provisioners and buy some fruit. Drag said fruit 1 at a time to your horse.

4: Double click your knife, click the sheep.

5: I know, a bitch isnt it. Keep on trying it gets easier.

6: Best place is from a Mage guildmaster. You will find them at most major city's in the mage shop.

7: havent found a good way to raise it yet but if you gm magery and meditation you should have 100 int by the time your done.

8: Sit in one spot and macro it on npc's. Im pretty sure its not dificulty based so just keep doing it. Also as your fighting mobs keep doing it over and over.
Last edited by grepler on Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Foible wrote:PS. Crap I haven't figured out yet

> You gota tame a "ridable llama", t2a only.

> You need animal lore and taming to control most pets now

How do I feed my horse?
> dismount, drag food on to it. Also if you are trying to feed for stamina "all follow me" instead

> double click dagger, double click sheep

> Do you have 60 anatomy? you need 60/60.

> Mage guildmaster

> Camping, But you are right, start with high int. I start new chars with 60 int.

> Use skill anatomy, target nearest grey or blue, wait 6, loop.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Foible

Post by Foible »

So, to clarify, somewhere out there running around is a "rideable Llama"? I assume the same is true for an ostard/horse? They're seriously called Rideable? Is the same true for a Packable Llama? Or is that just a nogo.

It's worth mentioning that I never really played UO so referencing what version of UO had that particular modification is absolutely lost on me.

grepler

Post by grepler »

What happened is that t2a was an expansion that came out for the original UO. There was some new land masses added with it and on those land masses where many new creatures including Ridable lamas, ostards and nightmares. You can ride them any place in the game but the only place to tame them is in those new lands. There are many entrances to them, being new here (havent played the game since 91) I cant remember them all but I did recently find the information by googling it.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Any ostard or horse is ridable. So they are not labeled as such. However, not all llamas are ridable. Some are, some aren't. So, the ones you can ride are named "a ridable llama" (and, far as I can tell, they're only found in T2A).

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Also, you cannot freely move from old lands to new lands through all passages with your mounts. There are some passages that allow it, and some that don't.

Easiest way between both lands is using the Moonglow / Papua teleporter saying recsu to go one way and recdu to go the other. This passage however will send you to the other place unmounted. Another easy one is through Vesper's Graveyard, there is a room there you need to go into and down the stairs. I believe this one too will not allow you to take your mount.

Passages that allow you to go through mounted, off the top of my head, Delucia passage (the entrance is relatively close to Trinsic), Fire dungeon, and Ice dungeon.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Pirul wrote:Passages that allow you to go through mounted, off the top of my head, Delucia passage (the entrance is relatively close to Trinsic), Fire dungeon, and Ice dungeon.
minoc passage too, very quiet entrance where you can take your horse through. i find del passage has a lot of traffic (due to the fact it's the easiest way to get to del) and often there will be PKers in the area.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Jack Nickelson

Post by Jack Nickelson »

Fwiw, I gained all my intelligence by macroing Spirit Speak/Hiding in Nujelm where nobody ever hangs over 2-3 days part time. I woke up dead once but GM'd it real quick and raised intell to where I could then gate. Fast gains.

Jack Nickelson

Mimner

Post by Mimner »

I wait to fix my stats until my character hits the skill cap. I train a new character for a while and then once I'm a couple hundred points from 700 I buy up a bunch of crappy skills to get it to the cap. Once your capped gaining stats is easy. Just macro a skill relevant to your particular stat of interest up to 10, then set it down and raise another to 10. Set it down and raise the first, etc. You get so many skill gains that you can fix your stats to 100 100 25 in a couple hours.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Mimner wrote:I wait to fix my stats until my character hits the skill cap. I train a new character for a while and then once I'm a couple hundred points from 700 I buy up a bunch of crappy skills to get it to the cap. Once your capped gaining stats is easy. Just macro a skill relevant to your particular stat of interest up to 10, then set it down and raise another to 10. Set it down and raise the first, etc. You get so many skill gains that you can fix your stats to 100 100 25 in a couple hours.
You don't even need to see saw. Just lock all your skills, put one skill on up (the one you want to raise your stats with) and macro away... you'll gain stats rapidly and no skill.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Vile

Post by Vile »

nightshark wrote:
Mimner wrote:I wait to fix my stats until my character hits the skill cap. I train a new character for a while and then once I'm a couple hundred points from 700 I buy up a bunch of crappy skills to get it to the cap. Once your capped gaining stats is easy. Just macro a skill relevant to your particular stat of interest up to 10, then set it down and raise another to 10. Set it down and raise the first, etc. You get so many skill gains that you can fix your stats to 100 100 25 in a couple hours.
You don't even need to see saw. Just lock all your skills, put one skill on up (the one you want to raise your stats with) and macro away... you'll gain stats rapidly and no skill.

I heard they patched this and it no longer works.

Whats thee verdict?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Vile wrote:Whats thee verdict?
Have used this since the last patch (feb 23). Still works.