A good provocation macro during PVM

Moderator: Support Moderators

uofuntime

A good provocation macro during PVM

Post by uofuntime »

Hi there. Does anyone have a good provocation macro they can share? I'm talking about during farming, when there are mobs, a macro to keep things efficient. It is hard for me to target Ophidians since they move so fast, and ctrl+shift their target bars also jitter everywhere.

I tried to incorporate "target random grey" but it always selects the same monster...

any help?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: A good provocation macro during PVM

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Use skill provocation
Wait for target (timeout in 1)
Target closest grey
Wait for target (timeout in 9)
Next Target
Target Closest Red Human
Last Target

If you use this, it will use the skill, and target the closest monster to you.

It will then attempt to find a murderer to provoke the monster on.

If no murderer is found it will switch to the "next" target and provoke on that.

If you are using this with other players around, they might become "next" target, but solo it works fine.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Use skill provocation
Target closest grey
Next Target
Target Closest Red Human
Last Target

If you use this, it will use the skill, and target the closest monster to you.

It will then attempt to find a murderer to provoke the monster on.

If no murderer is found it will switch to the "next" target and provoke on that.

If you are using this with other players around, they might become "next" target, but solo it works fine.
If you run this macro with crim query turned on, will it still provoke onto blues?
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I think that any action you do in razor will circumvent the criminal query. I know that razors attack last ect. will NOT prompt you, even with the option on in the client.

I would just set it, non looping, to a hotkey and be cautios around blues. You can change the "next" target to "random grey" but then there is always the chance the macro will try to provoke something on itself.

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

Thanks a lot!!! Somehow I knew you'd be the one with the answer.

to nightshark: yes, I believe razor blows off the criminal query completely. gotsa be careful.

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

How do you create a macro like Matron posted?

Use skill provocation
Target closest grey
Next Target
Target Closest Red Human
Last Target

From within razor I cant find options like Target closest grey, or Closest Red Human, nor can I find these within UO.

I'm not very good with Razor, help would be appreciated on this PVM provo macro.

Thanks
Catskills 97-99

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Eastwood wrote:How do you create a macro like Matron posted?

Use skill provocation
Target closest grey
Next Target
Target Closest Red Human
Last Target

From within razor I cant find options like Target closest grey, or Closest Red Human, nor can I find these within UO.

I'm not very good with Razor, help would be appreciated on this PVM provo macro.

Thanks
under hot keys you may want to bind target specfic hot keys for blue grey red and next target. This is eliminates clicking which well is one of the best things you can ever do for uo gaming experience is removing all clicking so you can keep moving same concept applies in a recall macro or just about anything else that involes you to target something or dbl click a item
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

Thanks Squall,

I'll try to make key binds for these targetting instructions and then implement them to razor,

one of my big turn offs into getting into PVP in UO is the sheer amount of hot keys to deal with,

I'm trying to become "one with my keyboard" for UO a little more this time so I don't have issue and PVM is the first place to start, so far I've enjoyed having heal self, cure self, reactive armor, and fast recall on hotkey and its helped me a lot even in PVM.
Catskills 97-99

iamreallysquall

Eastwood wrote:Thanks Squall,

I'll try to make key binds for these targetting instructions and then implement them to razor,

one of my big turn offs into getting into PVP in UO is the sheer amount of hot keys to deal with,

I'm trying to become "one with my keyboard" for UO a little more this time so I don't have issue and PVM is the first place to start, so far I've enjoyed having heal self, cure self, reactive armor, and fast recall on hotkey and its helped me a lot even in PVM.
aye i don't use the hotkey for Heal/Cure self i have Gheal / heal / cure bound ... also i would get out of the habit of using "Target queue" if you have enabled it's more likely to fuck you up and instead use "Target self" "last target" would also turn on smart last target in razor

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

I was testing this macro tonight,

UseSkill Provocation
Wait for Target
Exec: Target Closest Grey
Wait for Target
Exec: Next Target
Exec: Target Closest Murderer
Exec: Last Target

What is wrong with it?

Often the mobs would get targeted on themselves

It was useful but a bit buggy
Catskills 97-99

iamreallysquall

i don't have a magic macro like this i like to control what is on what but i can make a guess at whats wrong it , did you change the "wait for targets" by highlighting them and right clicking and going to "edit timeout" by default they are 30. i am not exactly sure whats going on but i have a few ideas, if you recorded a rpv i would have a better idea. my guess is it's executing target closest grey twice

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

The wait for targets were put in there by right clicking in Razor, and inserting a pause/wait, wait for target.

I don't have a good understanding of what all the targeting functions mean to the game exactly,

target closest gray seems straight forward, I don't know how the game interprets next target. Could that be clarified?

Does Exec: Next Target and Exec: Target Closest Murderer seem redundant and over lapping?

Maybe my time outs are not long enough, often while I'm using this macro and sort of spamming it waiting for the provo time out to end, my targetting is screwy and I'll occasionally mistarget heals and cures because the game is trying to target onto monsters when it should be target self.
Catskills 97-99

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I am not advocate of including targets in your macros, too much can go wrong.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

iamreallysquall

turn off "Target queue" this could be part of your problem in razor regardless of using macros with targets or not it can get you in all sorts of problems. it's a terrible thing to start getting used to "I'll occasionally mistarget heals and cures because the game is trying to target onto monsters when it should be target self." would indicate you have it on also this is not the kinda macro you want to spam, you may also want to add a 10 second pause to the end of it so you know it's ended, but like pirul said i don't really advocate having "Targets" in a macro at least not for this sort of thing or anything like "gheal + absolute target" or spell combos, also you want to turn on "smart last target". they should both be under "more options" in razor and at this time you may want to check that your object delay is set to 1000 while you are poking around in razor if you have ping over 100ms (check with -ping in game) you want to do 1000 + ping for your object delay imo

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Pirul wrote:I am not advocate of including targets in your macros, too much can go wrong.
Agreed. I only have 1 macro that is used in PvP/PvM that has more than one line in it, even. That's [cast recall]/dbl click invis ring.

I have target queues turned off and action queues set to 0. Everything I do is completely manual, it's the best way to be in control of your game.

Heal/cure, greater heal self hotkey is also actually a [wait for target] macro, that will get you killed in some situations. A certain player I PvPed with used these macros and the number of times I saw them ebolt themself was laughable and frustrating. Just don't. Manual UO playing is FTW.
iamreallysquall wrote: check that your object delay is set to 1000 while you are poking around in razor if you have ping over 100ms (check with -ping in game) you want to do 1000 + ping for your object delay imo
this is wrong. it doesn't matter if you have a ping of 3000, as long as your ping is consistent, your object delay is still 1000.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE