Begging

Moderator: Support Moderators

Repent

Begging

Post by Repent »

Is begging supposed to have a 13 second stall?

Do you gain more gold from begging with higher experience?

Can you GM begging off the same NPC?

Derrick

Re: Begging

Post by Derrick »

Repent wrote:Is begging supposed to have a 13 second stall?

Do you gain more gold from begging with higher experience?

Can you GM begging off the same NPC?
Currently, you will gain more gold with higher fame, and gain better and be more successful with higher karma. Skill does not play into the amount of money you get.

I'll look into the accuracy of this.

Repent

Post by Repent »

But you loose Karma and Fame when you use begging... Is that really accurate? What's the max gold one could get if they were Glorious Lord?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Repent wrote:But you loose Karma and Fame when you use begging... Is that really accurate? What's the max gold one could get if they were Glorious Lord?

I just read this essay on Stratics:
http://uo.stratics.com/content/professions/beggar.shtml

I doubt that the begging skill has changed much over the years, but I couldn't find any older info on it. If anyone else has any more era specific info please share it. This skill is already on my list as something to look at, but since it's so under utilized, it wasn't really a priority. After reading this essay I'm going bump it up a little.

johttenn

Post by johttenn »

I played a begger for rp fun until aos...and the information you listed was correct.

The only use in gming the skill if for the rp title...Grandmaster Beggar.

You can put some fun skills on him that you normally wouldn't

Wrestling rats will keep your karma high enough to successfully beg and to display your title.

Skill gain is extremely slow, but it is fun. Once you get the title you can make huge amounts rping a beg from rich characters at the banks.

I once netted a check for a mil on Baja that way, but by then a mill wasn't that much money :(...

mic275620

Post by mic275620 »

Thank you for posting this. Though underused the fact that this skill exists goes to show the depth of the game mechanics of UO. I am creating a beggar right now.
- Mygar

Return to “New Player Help”