Macing

Moderator: Support Moderators

Joueur Moyen

Re: Macing

Post by Joueur Moyen »

Magicant wrote:As for my starting skills, I made the mistake of using "resist" as one of my 50 skills. I thought it was a good idea at the time, but I'm not gonna cry too much over it. My other 50 skill was magery. The template I'm shooting for is;

Magery
Meditation
Eval Int
Resist Spells
Wrestling
Swordsmanship
Tactics

my old pvp build from back when I actually played LONG LONG ago. I'm sure it's not really MY build, but it's the one I used :P

Looking back, I'm thinking rather than resisting spells, I should have gone with Tactics or Eval Int. (Eval only because it takes so fkin long)
I would have picked magery/resist with that build. The others are free to raise and not hard to raise to 50. I'm cheap and wanted that gold for regs and houses. (I did buy med on one char but hit the dummies for melee/tactics and practiced skills during that time on an NPC.)

There is a difference in training when starting on the shard and training in keeps and castles surrounded by piles of gold, lol.

Abel

Post by Abel »

The method in this guide doesn't seem to be working for me. I believe I'm doing something wrong, or something has been changed in the last year.

I hire an NPC warrior. I ask them to guard me. I then attack. I then tell them to stay.

The NPC keeps attacking and following me and won't respond to further commands such as stay, etc.

I also tried the above, but instead of attacking the NPC I commanded the NPC to attack me, and found the same result. Am I going to need to trap them in a house or something? How do I get the NPC to stop attacking me?

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

1. say all guard to flag him gray
2. hide and attack or attack and run a few screens
3. come back
4. ???
5. profit
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Abel

Post by Abel »

The hide and attack part worked great. Thanks.

cshaney

Post by cshaney »

How do you get the paladin to stop attacking you.. I run off the screen and say "all stop" and "all stay" and try to come back on but the paladin is still attacking me.. If I wait any longer then the paladin goes blue and I quit attacking him as well.. Is this even possible to do and still gain your melee skill?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

There are a couple of ways to get the NPC to stop attacking you:

1.- Have someone cast invis on you (or do it yourself without getting interrupted)
2.- Block the NPC in (with tables, boxes, whatever), go into war mode, attack him, then run a screen away. Come back and stand right beside him, if he is still hitting you, run away again, just a bit farther. If you come back and are not hitting him, start over and run away, but just a bit closer.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

GodrickRykker

Post by GodrickRykker »

Okay. I've read this thread.

What would be the cheapest way for me to GM swords/tactics as a newbie? I don't have gold. I would prefer to be able to macro some.

Would creating an Alt with 50 healing and 50 anatomy to stand there macroing heal on the npc be the cheapest? Is there a way to do all this safely IN TOWN?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

If the char you're training up is going to have healing/anat, just use the same char, if not, definitely use an alt with 50/50. Be sure to include the use of anatomy in the heal macro, so his anat skill also rises, and his heals are bigger as the damage starts to be bigger also.

It definitely can be done in town. You would need something like 2k gold and 5 or so skinning knives to start it up. If you feel safer doing it outside of town, hit up any of the people offering free new player housing, and you'll be much safer then.

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

I GMed wrestling off rats before. I went to a heavy rat spawn and just went afk.

Lao Tzume

Post by Lao Tzume »

I'm trying to lvl swords and am having a rough time. After reading this I found out why "all stop" and "all stay" wasnt working. But the running off the screen thing doesnt work for me either. I run back and the hirling isnt attacking me but I'm not attacking it either. Any ideas on to what I'm doing wrong?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Pirul wrote:There are a couple of ways to get the NPC to stop attacking you:

1.- Have someone cast invis on you (or do it yourself without getting interrupted)
2.- Block the NPC in (with tables, boxes, whatever), go into war mode, attack him, then run a screen away. Come back and stand right beside him, if he is still hitting you, run away again, just a bit farther. If you come back and are not hitting him, start over and run away, but just a bit closer.

Rykker

Post by Rykker »

Slightly off topic - but what is the best mace weapon for PvP?

Lao Tzume

Post by Lao Tzume »

Thanks Pirul. I saw that already and it's not working. I've tried quite a few times. I'll figure it out.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Rykker, q-staff IMHO.

Lao, that's odd as I used it a couple of weeks ago...well, a new guy I was helping did, not me personally.

Lao Tzume

Post by Lao Tzume »

I'm probably doing something wrong. I may just ditch a dexxer for now.

I find myself pondering; why not allow every one 1 char that has 7 skills they can pick to max out? Stats as well. That way they can just get started and start enjoying the game instead of waiting for their character to "cook" via macroing.

I realized it's not "era accurate" but neither is AFK macroing. This has probably been mused before.

Can I really complain about something that is free though? No I cannot. Stop being a dick Lao.