Desync is worse for me than it ever has been?

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
CaptainHi5

Desync is worse for me than it ever has been?

Post by CaptainHi5 »

I'm sure the most likely problem here is I am missing some information or doing something wrong... so I want to preface this post with that before I ask, because I have historically seen most people who talk about desync be told the problem is on their end. I fully understand I could have some setting off but, I was hoping to just get some ideas in case I am just missing something.

It's been terrible since I came back. It has NEVER been this bad for me, though it's been years since I really played. I play on two different computers, on two different networks (work and home) both networks are solid, I don't show any kind of packet loss. It's weird too because it seems like when I'm dual clienting one client will work fine but the other won't run for crap. I use the resync hotkey in Razor, I open my paperdoll all that i'm aware of how to prompt a resync, but it's a lot of times completely un-playable unless I log out and back in which as everyone know's can be a pain in the ass. I never remember it being this bad... I have ran the game with smart cpu usage reduction off and on, which does not have much of an effect. I run the game in compatibility mode in windows xp sp2 and vista to see if that helped, vista seemed to run it a tiny bit better.

Both of my PC's are running Windows 10, which is really the only thing that is different than any other time I have played before so... maybe that is it?

Any insight to something I may be missing would be much appreciated.

Capitalist

Re: Desync is worse for me than it ever has been?

Post by Capitalist »

Desync sucks. Make an easy to access resync hotkey.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Werther

Post by Werther »

Using razor macros containing movement can cause issues similar to desyncing. When I've used macros like that I usually need to restart my client for it to behave properly again.
I've heard this might be fixed by using a slightly newer version of razor but havent looked into it further.

If you haven't been using any macros like that you can disregard this post.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

I'm running under Win10 and I have no issues, but I have had some 'weird Win10 issues' running other programs that are at least a little old.

I'd suggest confirming 2 things:

1. You're running both Razor and UO client "as Administrator";
2. Windows Defender is not also working alongside a 3rd-party antivirus program (WinDef in Win10 does not play well with others), and/or confirm the settings on your active anti-virus protection.

BTW, you mentioned "running a little better in comp. mode for Vista": if the Razor counters do not appear in the title bar, revert to comp. mode for XP SP2.

Good luck.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

CaptainHi5

Post by CaptainHi5 »

Capitalist wrote:Desync sucks. Make an easy to access resync hotkey.
yeah... I have one it does not help.
Werther wrote:Using razor macros containing movement can cause issues similar to desyncing. When I've used macros like that I usually need to restart my client for it to behave properly again.
I've heard this might be fixed by using a slightly newer version of razor but havent looked into it further.

If you haven't been using any macros like that you can disregard this post.
I actually have a macro for detecting hidden, unlocking my door, opening it and locking it going inside then closing it I use several times. I have tried not using it and actually seems to be a bit of an improvement! Thanks for that.

It's still worse than I ever remember it being... but it's still better than it was. Appreciate the tip.