Disconnects while macroing Tracking

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
violator
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Disconnects while macroing Tracking

Post by violator »

Disclaimer: This is probably expected behavior, and this post is more of a "heads up" on the issue

I set up a macro to GM the Tracking skill. Really basic, click tracking, choose humanoid, insert pause, loop

I noticed that after a while this character was getting disconnected, but I was playing on two (sometimes three) clients at once, and this one was the only one that was getting disconnected. I thought I found a bug, but what I think was happening was that I was reaching some kind of upper limit on the number of gumps that could be open. I checked on this character after a while, but before it got disconnected and there were so many Tracking gumps open that I eventually gave up on closing them and logged out.

Probably more a flaw in my macro than a bug, but thought it was worth mentioning.
Last edited by violator on Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Death smiles at us all, but all a man can do is smile back.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Re: Disconnects while macroing Tracking

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

I vaguely remember this happening to me years ago. It has to do with the gumps. If I recall correctly, adding a close all gumps line to the macro and changing all Wait for lines to timeout in 15 seconds fixed it.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

What Boom said. Gotta close your tabs!
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

violator
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by violator »

Thanks guys.

I was 99.9% sure I was missing something simple in the macro, but wanted to put it out there so others wouldn't run into it too.
Death smiles at us all, but all a man can do is smile back.