chumbucket's Tales of Adventure: The Stolen Hammer

Share stories and special moments with the community.
ironfistmax

Re: Chumbucket's Tales of Adventure: The Stolen Hammer

Post by ironfistmax »

Blind wrote:
brandonsantacruz wrote:Moral of the story: let the guards do your dirtywork.

great story, I bet you had a hell of a time stealing everything from him during the fight! Were you next to the bank? Could you grab stuff from your bank box?
Guards wouldn't come.

Honestly, this is not how I remember T2A. I don't remember every single person having a thief that they MACROED to GM while they went hunting on their other accounts, in some cases 2 THIEVES. I encountered thieves on real T2A nowhere near the amount I do here and no where near the skill level, it is getting a little ridiculous here. Less acounts needs to be set into place or no macroing or something, for all the work that's been put into a replica server, this one thing called macroing has killed it. I wouldn't actually mind if Chumbucket didnt have 10 other characters who he has just macroed their skills up to.

All this means is he has spent a little more time watching TV while his characters go up and his computer is available to macroing.

Sorry for the rant, but the whole "thief" thing lost any skill to it once macroing came into place, I mean seriously, you macroed 2 of them? Go earn your own shit man.
All you have to do is get a lockbox, lock it, and put your key in the bank. Put all your regs, pots, etc in the box and he can't steal it. 7x GM theif = worthless at that point.

Pascal

Post by Pascal »

Blind wrote:
Guards wouldn't come.

Honestly, this is not how I remember T2A. I don't remember every single person having a thief that they MACROED to GM while they went hunting on their other accounts, in some cases 2 THIEVES. I encountered thieves on real T2A nowhere near the amount I do here and no where near the skill level, it is getting a little ridiculous here. Less acounts needs to be set into place or no macroing or something, for all the work that's been put into a replica server, this one thing called macroing has killed it. I wouldn't actually mind if Chumbucket didnt have 10 other characters who he has just macroed their skills up to.

All this means is he has spent a little more time watching TV while his characters go up and his computer is available to macroing.

Sorry for the rant, but the whole "thief" thing lost any skill to it once macroing came into place, I mean seriously, you macroed 2 of them? Go earn your own shit man.
Moral of the story, don't attack thieves so they can get a free pass to steal your hard earned items...

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Pascal wrote:
Blind wrote:
Guards wouldn't come.

Moral of the story, don't attack thieves so they can get a free pass to steal your hard earned items...
The hammer was already gone at that point, after his 2nd try with his second thief.

A little ridiculous.

I will now be putting all my stuff in secure containers. I've never ran into so many thieves before in UO in my life.

And I wasn't just talking about macroing thieves, theres WAY too much macroing going on in general. Do you think even half the players are active? I really doubt it, half of who's online is macroing, probably even more. This is not how I remember T2A at all...3 accounts pretty much encourages it too, what happened to the adventure along to GM skills? I'm guilty of it too, I just started macroing my mage, but I'm just saying...it's quite out of hand on this shard.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

shit talk forum please :D

brandonsantacruz

Post by brandonsantacruz »

I agree that macroing is somewhat out of hand, but that's in contrast to OSI's nonsense policy of no macroing at all. Stats shouldn't be too hard to raise, but skills might be better left to actual adventuring. This is way off topic, so I'll leave it there. As far as thieves go, it's not practical to get skill by anything other than macroing. I have 2 gm thieves (names withheld :) ). I would only have one, but the way I had to set up the macro, I needed two thieves to steal back and forth.
Once we have more players, people will spread out to different banks and make thieving a bit harder.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Blind wrote:

great story, I bet you had a hell of a time stealing everything from him during the fight! Were you next to the bank? Could you grab stuff from your bank box?
Guards wouldn't come.

It's the way I remember it. I played chessie an never went to brit to bank because there was such a thief problem. People macroed up stealing back in that day too.

Not saying is not a problem, but it always has been.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Maahes had the best moral, but he can't use my hammer and this is the runnerup, so PM to get your prize, brandonsantacruz!
Blind wrote: I wouldn't actually mind if Chumbucket didnt have 10 other characters who he has just macroed their skills up to.
I only have four characters total, two of which are thieves (with different skills/stats). You post that video and its good then I'll give you that staff!
Blind wrote:Go earn your own shit man.
I'm not in it for the loot.
Derrick wrote:
It's the way I remember it. I played chessie an never went to brit to bank because there was such a thief problem.
Wise words.

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

Guards cannot be called if you successfully steal a weapon without being “caught.” So calling guards would have done nothing.

Gereint

Post by Gereint »

I say it happens. Stealing is a skill so technically he is earning his stuff.

Euph

Post by Euph »

AFAIK in era you couldn't use regs from locked containers

Mr.T

Post by Mr.T »

chumbucket is the most annoying thief ever

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

I'll attach it anyways, that's the reason I was recording it, because even though I was frustrated as hell from your thievery, it was still a pretty funny moment.

You miss about the first 5 minutes though, our first fighting and then when I told my guys to box you in.

I only watched a bit of it and then my UO crashed so I'm not even sure wehre it stops.
Attachments
Hemperor_7-24_21.34.rpv
(591.86 KiB) Downloaded 403 times

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

The video crashes, but at least it gives you an idea of what happened!
Mr.T wrote:chumbucket is the most annoying thief ever
I win.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Blind wrote:I'll attach it anyways, that's the reason I was recording it, because even though I was frustrated as hell from your thievery, it was still a pretty funny moment.

You miss about the first 5 minutes though, our first fighting and then when I told my guys to box you in.

I only watched a bit of it and then my UO crashed so I'm not even sure wehre it stops.
Yeah, crashed my client too, looks like a good (and memorable) time though. Thanks for posting

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i dont rememebr thieves being able to steal while in combat ?
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]